剧集 | 移民国度(2020) | 导航列表
基本上这是个让我们力乘数的方法
So, essentially, it's a force multiplier.
所以 例如有个人醉酒驾驶而被逮捕
So, a person is brought in for, let's say, DWI.
他们身上没有身份证 我们不知道他们的身份
There's no ID on them. We don't know who they are.
我们会通过联邦资料库 找出他们的个人资料
They're ran through this federal database.
如果我们没有这个计划
So, if we do not have this program,
他们一旦答辩他们州的指控
they will be released back out into the community
就会被释放回社会里
once they satisfy their state charges.
但因为我们有了这计划 ICE就会介入
But because we have the program, ICE comes in,
而当场决定他们会不会被遣送出境
and at that time, ICE makes the decision whether they're removed from this community, or they're not.
他们最有可能的就是被遣送
Most likely, they will be removed from this community,
因为他们是非法地在这里的
because they're here illegally.
(大概四分之三的ICE逮捕)
(是因为其他执法机构 把被拘留者转送给ICE而引起的)
(从2008年到2018年 州和地方执法机构)
(转送了超过130万个人给ICE保管)
执法的基本前提
The fundamental premise of law enforcement is
就是联邦 州 和地方的执法机构 都能一起合作
that federal, state and local work together collaboratively.
关于它为什么在梅克伦堡县里 是个大事件呢...
And why it's a big issue in Mecklenburg County...
我们这样做有12年了 只是现在有了个选举
we've been doing this for 12 years. Just right now, it's an election.
警长也是个好人呢
The sheriff's a really good guy too.
只是呢...
Just, you know...
警长在北卡罗来纳州里 是个当选官员职位
sheriff's an elected official in North Carolina, obviously,
所以他必须做选民想要看到的事
and he's gotta do what the voters want.
(重新选择艾尔文·卡迈克尔 做警长)
目前的警长呢
So the sheriff who's currently in office right now,
他支持些有点麻烦的计划
he supports a few programs that are a little problematic.
对
Yeah.
我是个拉丁裔人 也是个移♥民♥ 所以对我来说 其中一个最重要的事
So, I'm Latino, and I'm an immigrant, so for me, one of the biggest issue is
就是他和ICE合作
that he's partnering with Immigration and Customs Enforcement
基本上是为了指定警长为代表
to basically deputize sheriffs
而让任何接触监狱的人开始驱逐程序
and place people into deportation proceedings
最轻微的罪行也行
if they come in contact with the jail. And that could be something
例如 被罚交通票 无驾照驾驶罪
as little as a traffic citation, driving without a license.
所以我们只想让大家知道
So, we're really trying to make sure
5月8日请出去投票
that people know that on May 8th, you can go out to vote.
-好的 -你能为我们的社区的利益而投票
Okay. -You can vote for our community.
-好的 -对
Okay. -Yeah.
(投出艾尔文·卡迈克尔)
我们想推动人们 为加里·麦克法登投票
So we're trying to push people to vote for Garry McFadden.
因为他很坚决要结束这个计划
Because he's committed to ending the program.
如果我们能说服更多的拉丁裔人出来 这将会有很大的不同
If we can get more Latinos out, it will make a big difference.
-我好希望能够投票 -我也是 但我不能投票
I wish I could vote. -I wish I could vote. I can't vote.
所以我想启发能投票的人
So I'm trying to motivate people who can vote
为会影响我这样的人的事情而投票
to vote for issues that will affect people like me,
会被这些政策影响的人
people who like... who are affected by these policies.
快告诉你认识的所有人!
Go tell everybody you know.
如果他们住在梅克伦堡县里 现在是关键时刻
If they live in Mecklenburg County, it matters so much right now,
因为我们有能去除这个计划的可能性
'cause we have a possibility of getting rid of the program.
(移♥民♥的声音 社区广播)
麦克法登 求你了
Please, McFadden,
-我们想做点什么 -好
we want to do something. -Sure.
(加里·麦克法登做警长)
我答应你 若我 加里·麦克法登 当选的话 我会去除287(g)计划
I, Garry McFadden, promise that I will burn the 287 if I got elected.
我答应你 若我 加里·麦克法登 当选的话 我会去除287(g)计划
I, Garry McFadden, promise I will burn 287.
我要他替《移♥民♥的声音》签这个
I want him to sign this for "The Voice of Immigrants."
-你会签名 -烧了它!
You're going to sign it. -Burn it!
在这里签名!
Sign here!
(重选艾尔文·卡迈克尔警长)
(加里·麦克法登做警长 2018年)
我们只是在留下阅读材料 你门前留了一个了
We're just leaving the literature. We're just leaving the literature, and we left one on your door.
谢谢你 夫人
Thank you, ma'am.
我在凶杀部门工作了22年
I worked in homicide for 22 years.
287(g)计划阻挡了我的调查
287 has hindered my investigations.
为什么?
Why?
证人不想作证 就连受害者也不想作证
Witnesses don't wanna come forward. Even victims don't wanna come forward.
他们不愿与我们交谈 甚至不肯指出嫌疑人
They are reluctant to talk to us. People won't even name the suspect
因为他们害怕他们也会被遣送
because they're afraid they will also be deported.
别人接近我时
People approached me,
我做的最突出的观察 就是他们有多么地恐惧
and one thing stood out more than anything else was that fear,
被遣送的恐惧
the fear of being deported,
回到家而你♥爸♥爸不在了的恐惧
the fear of, you know, coming home, and your father is gone.
我能明白吗?是的
Do I understand that? Yes.
在美国非裔美国人的社区里
In the African-American community,
我们有会被执法官开枪打死的恐惧
we have that fear of being shot and killed by law enforcement.
所以当人♥民♥提起这种恐惧和不安时
So when the people are talking about these fears and uneasiness,
我是完全能理解的
I can relate to that.
(拉斯维加斯 内华达州)
我相信政♥府♥一注意你
I do believe that once the government's got their sights on you,
你就玩完了
you're done, man.
不管你怎么做 你都玩完了
It doesn't matter what you do. You're done.
(塞萨尔)
那就是我现在的处境 政♥府♥让我玩完了
And that's where I'm at right now. The government has got me done.
我被警♥察♥拦着两次了
I've been stopped by the cops twice.
他们有一次拦着我 找出我的记录后
And once they stop me, and my record comes up,
简直不敢相信
they can't believe it.
他们问:“你是海军陆战队员吗?”
They're like, "Are you a Marine?
我就说:“是啊 记录上是那样写的吧?”
I'm like, "Yes, I am. That's what it says on my record, right?"
他们就会说:“是啊”
And they're like, "Yeah."
油料专家 1931 泵送石油 超酷的
Bulk Fuel Specialist, 1391. Pumping gas and kicking ass.
那是我的工作
That was my job.
我是为车辆 坦克车 直升机加油的
I refueled cars, tanks, helicopters.
他们就会说:“这里也说 你被遣送了”
And they're like, "It also says you were deported."
我就说:“那也是正确的”
I'm like, "And that is right too."
他们就会搞不明白
And they just can't get it through their head.
就会说:“我现在必须逮捕你了”
They're like, "So, right now, I have to turn you in."
对啊 法律就是那样说的
Yeah, that's what the law says.
他们两次下不了手 因为他们也做过海军陆战队员
Those two times, they haven't. They've been Marines,
他们说了:“我不能那样做”
and they're like, "No, man, I just can't do that.
“你是海军陆战队员 你为这国家服役 你和我一样是美国人”
You're a Marine. You served this country. You're as American as I am."
他们两次都让我回家
And both times, they let me go home.
我在新墨西哥州里惹上了法律麻烦
I got in trouble with the law in New Mexico.
被抓到带着大♥麻♥
I got caught with some marijuana.
以我律师的总高 我认罪了
Under the advice of my lawyer, I pleaded guilty to it.
我没被关进牢里 他们立刻就让我走了
I didn't serve any time in jail. They let me out right there and then.
他们说事情就会那样结束 我就继续走自己的路了
They said that was gonna be the end of it, and I moved on with my life.
12年后 我得到了一份翻译工作
Twelve years later, I got a translator job,
我被提议搬去哥斯达黎加
and I'm offered to go to Costa Rica.
放松吧 美女
Relax, Mama.
当我回来着时 他们不让我进入美国
When I was coming back, they didn't let me back into the country.
他们说因为我之前有过的定罪
They said that because of a previous conviction that I had,
我是个恐♥怖♥分♥子♥ 不容许进入美国
that I was a terrorist, and that I wasn't allowed in the country.
我告诉了他们:“恐♥怖♥分♥子♥? 我是个海军陆战队员啊”
And I told them, like, "A terrorist? I'm a Marine, man."
因为那样我就被遣送了
And I got deported because of that.
我被遣送的那一天
The day that I got deported,
我们去到了墨西哥那里 他们会问你有没有纹身
we got to a point on the Mexican side where they ask if you have tattoos.
我就给他看了 而他摇着头
So I showed him, and he was shaking his head,
告诉了我
and he told me...
他因为美政♥府♥对他的国人作出的事
that he felt really bad
感到很不好受
about what the US government was doing to his countrymen,
还有...
and...
但他说尤其是对我这样的军人
but he said especially to servicemen like me.
我从来没听过有那样的事 脑筋就开始转动了
And that kind of got me wondering, because I had never heard that before.
那是我第一次明白:“什么?等等
That was the first time I got exposed to, "What? Wait. Wait a minute.
你是说还有其他像我这样的人?”
You mean there's more than me?"
(华雷斯 墨西哥)
我从未怀疑过美国是不是我的国家
I never doubted that the United States was my country.
我不会改变任何事的
There's nothing I would've changed about that.
我觉得我会为那国家牺牲自己
I feel like I would have died for that country.
我参加了多过160个战斗任务
I got over 160 combat missions.
我双手沾满了鲜血 你呢?
I got blood on my shoes. How about you?
因为我双手沾满了鲜血
People enjoy those freedoms 'cause I got blood on my shoes,
别人才能享受我们国家的自♥由♥
on my boots, on my desert camo.
(自从革命战争以来 多过55万个移♥民♥)
(为美国武装部队服役了)
(若想服役 你必须是个美国合法的永久居民)
我记得在接受认罪协议时 法官说了关于遣送的话
I remember the judge saying something about deportation when I took my plea deal,
但我当时不知道退伍军人能被遣送
but, you know, I never knew that veterans could be deported.
然后我就看到越来越多 和我一样下场的人
And then I just started seeing more people and more people.
剧集 | 移民国度(2020) | 导航列表