剧集 | 移民国度(2020) | 导航列表
会是件很痛苦的事
to not know when I'm leaving.
别人有时会把它当处罚看待
You know, people see it sometimes as a punishment.
我们不处罚的
We don't punish.
所以这...
So, it's...
我知道别人是那样看的
I know it's viewed that way,
但我们不会通过拘留而处罚他们
but we aren't gonna hold somebody to punish them.
进去吧
Go on in.
(贝塔)
去吧 就在这房♥间里
Go on, right here in this room.
-你今天怎么样啦? -不错
How's your day so far? -Well, fine.
谢天谢地 你吃饭了吗?
Thank God. Did you eat yet today?
我今天因为食物的味道 差点吃不下午餐
I almost couldn't eat lunch today because of the smell of the food.
我感到很伤心 因为当我们来着时 我们看到了两辆巴士进入
I felt sad because when we arrived, we saw two buses entering.
我看到巴士上的人
Yes. -I saw the people on the bus.
越来越多进来了
More and more arriving.
拘留所都满了
The detention center is full.
他们一直不停地进来 但离不开
They enter and enter and enter but don't leave.
他们离不开
They don't leave.
那天有个女孩说了
The other day, the girl said, "Mom,
“妈妈 叫律师在母亲节前让你出来吧
tell the lawyer to get you out before Mother's Day.
我想和你在一起 妈妈”
I want to be with you, Mom."
你会离开的
You will leave. You will leave.
让我们祈祷吧
Let's pray. Let's pray.
贝塔 我的客户 是一位63岁合法进入美国的奶奶
Berta, my client, she's a 63-year-old grandmother who legally entered the United States.
她是和她孙女一起进来的
She entered with her granddaughter
要求了庇护
and asked for asylum.
所以他们之前有被访问过
So they get interviewed subsequent to that.
过了可信恐惧筛查
The passed a credible fear.
小女孩和在休斯敦 德州 的妈妈团聚了
Eventually, the little girl gets reunited with mom in Houston, Texas,
但奶奶被拘留了
and then grandma is detained.
我希望他们会让我离开这里 天主
...and I hope they take me out of here, Lord.
我受不了留在这里了
I cannot be here anymore.
为了和我一起关在这里的朋友 请你帮我们快点离开
And my friends who are locked up with me, please help us to leave quickly.
谢谢你 天主 阿门
Thank you, Lord. Amen.
照顾好自己 吃好饭哦
Take care of yourself. Eat.
我们待会儿再见?
I'll see you, yeah?
上天保佑你
God bless you.
给我一个大拥抱
Give me a big hug.
所以我每个星期三都会来见她
I've been coming every Wednesday to see her.
我们两个奶奶好起来了
Just like two grandmas would, we connect with each other.
我不能想象让我的孙女
I just can't imagine having my granddaughter,
她告诉我和她一起长大14年的孙女
who grew up with me for 14 years, like she was telling me...
去到了边界 忽然间就碰!
They got to the border, and all of a sudden, whammo!
那样地被分开了
They just separated them.
我知道她之前想死
I know she wanted to die.
她孙女和她妈妈在休斯顿团聚了
Her granddaughter's back with her mom in Houston.
自从我出生以后 我就和我奶奶在一起了
I have been with my grandmother since I was a newborn.
我整个童年都是和她一起花的
I have spent my entire childhood with my grandmother.
她是我妈妈
She's my mother.
在我居住的邻里
In the neighborhood where I lived,
有好多的帮派活动
there was so much gang activity.
很多女生被强♥奸♥
Girls were raped.
别人因为害怕被谋杀而不敢出声
People didn't say anything for fear of being killed.
我和我孙女两个人相依为命
I lived alone with my granddaughter.
MS-13帮派想要对付我
And the MS-13 gang wanted to come after me
因为他们要我孙女做他们的女人
because they wanted her to be their woman.
那家伙来到了我的家里找我
The guy came over to my house looking for me,
说我必须和他一起离开...
saying that I had to go with him...
但我告诉了他 我不想和他走
But I told him I didn't want to go with him.
我不想嫁给他 他们想逼我嫁给他
I didn't want to marry him. They wanted to force me to marry him.
我拒绝了他 说我不想嫁给他
I told him no, that I didn't want to marry him.
我当时才12岁
I was only 12 years old.
然后他试图了强硬吻我 但我奶奶不让他
And then he tried kissing me by force, and my grandma didn't let him.
他告诉了我奶奶 若她不走开的话 他就会伤害她
And he told my grandma he would hurt her if she didn't leave.
他们告诉我 若我不离开屋子的话
They told me that if I don't leave the house,
他们就会放火烧我或杀了我
they would set me on fire or kill me.
我当时想 我能为我和我的孙女要求庇护
I thought I could ask for protection for me and my granddaughter.
所以我什么都不说来到了这里
So I came here without saying a word.
我们晚上出行的
We traveled at night.
走了多过十天才到达这里
It took more than ten days to get here.
我通过了桥 为我和我的孙女要求庇护
I entered through the bridge to ask for protection for me and my granddaughter.
他们通过了华雷斯城
And then they come through Ciudad Juárez,
在进口港自首了 要求了庇护
and they turn themselves in at the port of entry and ask for asylum.
她是在逃命 但她以正确的方式做了
She's fleeing for her life, but she did it the correct way.
为什么?因为她去到了进口港 基本上自首了
Why? 'Cause she went to the port of entry and basically turned herself in.
她又不是想躲起来
It's not like she was hiding,
或想通过车厢里被偷渡进来
she was trying to be smuggled in the trunk of a car.
她以正确的方式做了事
She did it the right way.
我奶奶尽了所把我带来这里
My grandmother did all she could to get me here alive and well,
但移♥民♥局分开了我们
but Immigration separated us.
我两个月后就从拘留所里放出来了
I was released from the shelter after two months...
而她留在那里...
and she remained in detention...
一个月又一个月地过了...
another month and then another one...
我在这里17个月了
I've been here for 17 months.
我在这里好久了
I've been here for a long time already.
我不知道移♥民♥局 为什么还是不肯让我走
I don't know why Immigration won't let me leave.
我什么都没欠他们
I don't owe anything.
只是因为我向这个国家要求了庇护
Only because I came to ask for protection from this country.
这是个短暂让人住的地方
This is a transient place. It's only, like, temporary.
不是用来长久地拘留人数月或数年的
It's not meant to hold people for years or months.
但国会决定了 当你非法地进入时
But Congress said that when you enter illegally like that,
你没有受保释的权力
you don't have a right to a bond,
你唯一能离开的方法是由ICE决定
and the only way that you can get out is at the discretion of ICE.
-最终 是你的决定? -是的
And ultimately, it's your decision? -Yes, it is. Yes.
你必须考虑四个因素 好吧?
You have to look at four factors, okay?
四个因素就是:第一 她的身份
The four factors is: one, her identity.
他们真的是他们所说的人吗?
Is this the person that they say they are?
她的身份没问题
Her identity is not questionable.
这是她的出生证 这是她的护照
Here's her birth certificate. Here's her passport.
这是她的身份证
Here's her national ID.
他们在美国里有支持系统吗?
Do they have a support system in the United States?
她有个在休斯顿里居住了多年的女儿
She has a daughter in Houston who's been living there for many years.
他们有逃跑风险吗?
Are they a flight risk?
我们释放他们以后 他们会消失吗?
Are they gonna disappear once we release them?
我们会找得到这个人吗?
Are we gonna be able to find this person?
她有个固定地址
She has a fixed address.
她有用来证明 这是个固定地址的费用单
She's got bills to prove that it's a fixed address,
证明这地址不是乱编的 是真的地方
that it exists. It's not a made-up address.
第四个是 他们会对社会带来威胁吗?
The fourth piece is: Are they a threat to the community?
他们参与过外籍偷渡吗?
Have they been involved with alien smuggling?
他们参与过任何贩运行动吗?
Have they been involved with any kind of trafficking?
如果这些因素能被满足的话 那你...
If those areas can be clearly satisfied,
我们就该考虑给他们假释
the consideration should be to grant a parole to someone.
所以我们那一切都证明过了 国会说的是
So we've proved all that. And so, what Congress said is,
“如果你能证明那一切
"If you can prove all that, and you can show
也能显示继续拘留你 不会给美国带来利益
that it is not in the interest of United States government
而你不是对美国国♥家♥安♥全♥的威胁
to hold you or to detain you, you're not a threat to the national security of the United States,
你对社会不是威胁
you're not a threat to the community,
那你就该被释放出来”
then by all means, you should be released."
但ICE说:“不能
But ICE says, "No.
就算你能证明那一起 又怎么样?
Even if you prove that, so what?
我们有新的政♥府♥ 我们一点也不他妈的在乎
We're under a new administration. We don't give a shit.
我们会拘留你 我们会让你很难受
We're gonna hold you. We're gonna make it hard for you.
知道为什么吗? 因为我们不要你在这里
You know why? 'Cause we don't want you here.
我们要你回去” 这就是他们的信息
We want you to go back." That's the message.
凭我们所看到了的证据
The evidence that we've seen,
我们认为ICE在利用贝塔这样的人 作为威慑力
we think that ICE is using people like Berta as a deterrent,
给其他人一个信息
as a motivator to send the message,
“别来 别要求庇护 因为你会被拘留这样久”
"Don't come. Don't ask for asylum, 'cause you're gonna be held for this long."
我们那样认为的 当然 要证明那一点是挺难的
So we believe that. Of course, it's kind of hard to prove, right?
因为ICE是不会那样承认的
剧集 | 移民国度(2020) | 导航列表