剧集 | 移民国度(2020) | 导航列表
'Cause ICE is not gonna admit to that.
我没有将此归因于任何人 这是我的个人看法
I'm not attributing this to anyone. This is my own personal opinion.
我认为那是他们的战略
I do believe that it's the strategy.
对我来说这是很不合情理的
It is the strategy to tear families apart,
但这是个分♥裂♥家庭的战略
which to me is unconscionable,
带给他们最大的痛苦
and bring them maximum pain,
把它作为威慑力
and use it as a deterrent.
大家好 这是国会议员妠捏特·巴拉关
Hey, folks, it's Congress member Nanette Barragán.
我们在圣伊西德罗的地陆进口港
We're here at the San Ysidro Land Port of Entry.
我刚过了这里
I just crossed,
听到了一位绅士 在进口港这里要求庇护
and I heard a gentleman presenting himself for asylum at the port of entry here
别人告诉他不能 他必须回去
and was told that he can't. He has to go back.
长官走了过来 而我想知道是什么问题
Officer came over. I was very-- You know, wanted to know what the issue was,
她说了他们不肯在进口港
and she said that they're not taking people
收留别人 而那位绅士必须离开
at the ports of entry, and he had to leave.
我是美国国会议员
I'm a member of the United States Congress.
-好 我能看你的卡吗? -这是我的联邦身份证
Okay, can I have your card, please? -Here's my federal ID.
他们想让这位 在进口港要求庇护的绅士离开
And here they are trying to get this gentleman to leave who's trying to present himself for port of entry.
这是在边界发生的事
This is what is happening at the border.
起初你可能会认为
At first, you know, you may think that
这可能只是在边界 的一个流氓长官的行为
maybe this is just one rogue officer here on the border.
但这些命令是来自特朗普政♥府♥
What was really happening was these orders were coming
华盛顿特区的
from the Trump administration, from Washington, DC.
你作证说了...
You testified...
要求庇护者没在进口港被赶走
that asylum seekers are not being turned away at the ports of entry.
那是你今天做的口供吗?
Was that your testimony here today?
他们没被赶走 他们被...
They are not turned away. They are brought--
那么让我告诉你吧 部长女士 你要么就是对这个委员会撒谎
Well, let me tell you, Madam Secretary, either you're lying to this committee,
要么就是不明白边境那里发生的事情
or you don't know what's happening at the border.
我本人去过了那里 亲眼看见了两次
And I have been there firsthand, and I have seen it twice.
(特朗普政♥府♥之前)
(在进口港出现的要求庇护者)
(会被海关和边境巡逻)
(立刻被处理进入美国)
他没有身份证 露南尼会带他去 把他录上名单
He has no documentation, and Runami will take him to the area and put him on the list.
(这做法被悄悄地更改了)
(这逼得墨西哥的 移♥民♥和地方庇护所)
(为等着被处理的要求庇护者 创造等候名单)
你能交出美国进口港 的每一列名单...
Can you produce every list at the port of entry that's under US--
我们没那个列表 列表在墨西哥那里
We do not have the list, to be clear. The list is in Mexico.
所以你有开始名单的权力
So you have the authority to do a list,
但你无法访问 无法控制那个名单?
but you don't have access to a list, and you don't control that list?
(蒂华纳 墨西哥)
庇护申请的名单
The list for asylum applications is handled
是一群也是在名单上等着的 庇护要求者管理的
by a group of asylum seekers who are also on the list.
任何想注册的人
Whoever wants to sign up,
我们这里的伙伴会帮你们注册
here is our comrade that will start signing people up.
美国移♥民♥局 每一天都会告诉墨西哥政♥府♥
Every day, US Immigration tells the Mexican government
他们会让几个人进入
how many people they will be letting in.
你丈夫的名字不在这
Your husband is not on here.
他的名字应该在 你或在你女儿后出现的的 但他没有
He should be right after you or after your daughter, but he's not.
如果他名字不在这里 你就不能进入
If his name is not there, you can't go through,
你也必须重新报名上等候名单
and you have to put your name on the list again.
两三个星期后再回来 看看是否要到你了
In two or three weeks, come back and check again what number we are at.
-两个星期? -两三个星期
Two weeks? -In two to three weeks.
为什么拥有美国政♥府♥内
Why does an agency
最大的预算的部门之一
that has one of the biggest budgets of the US government
不能作出自己的名单?
cannot make their own list?
他们为什么会要求庇护所里的移♥民♥
Why are they asking immigrants in the shelters
管理一种 美国政♥府♥该负责管理的名单?
to manage some kind of list that the US government has the responsibility to do it?
这是一个不完全正式的政策
So it was like an unofficial but official policy.
这是一种阻止他们要求庇护的机制
It was like a mechanism to stop them from seeking asylum.
我们说的不是在车厢里偷渡进来的人
We're not talking about people who are coming in the trunk of a car,
不是躲着的人 也不是恐♥怖♥分♥子♥
or they're hiding. We're not talking about terrorists.
我们讨论的是 只想通过合法方法进入
We're talking about families, kids, innocent people
的家庭 孩子们 无辜的人
who are just trying to do this the legal way.
特朗普政♥府♥总是说
This Trump administration always says,
“他们为什么不合法地进来?”
"Well, why can't they just do it the right way?"
但事实上 他们故意设计了
But the truth is they designed this
会确保这些人放弃的系统
to make sure that these folks would give up.
(哥伦布 俄亥俄州)
(社区避难和移♥民♥服务)
那里每个案子都代表 一个妈妈 爸爸 或配偶
Every single one of these cases represents a mom, a dad, or a spouse,
我们重新安置
somebody we resettled,
合法进入
who came lawfully
和通过合法过程带着家人来的人
and applied through the lawful process to bring their family members here,
他们还没来到这里
and they're still not here.
每个档案都代表...家庭
Every single file represents... families.
都来自世界各地的
They're from all different parts of the world,
他们的共同点就是
and the thing they have in common is
他们无法和他们的家人一起住
that they're not able to live with their family members,
即使法律说他们是可以的
despite the law saying they can.
(家庭团聚)
当我20年前开始提供志愿服务时
When I started as a volunteer, you know, 20 years ago,
帮助难民不是件令人争议的事
helping refugees, this wasn't controversial.
它以前所未有的方式
And how it's become such a political issue
变成了一个政♥治♥问题
in a way that it's never been in the past.
这个政♥府♥想要关上大门 不让他们进入
This administration is trying to shut the doors.
你跟从所有的规矩 五年前申请了
You followed all the rules, and you applied five years ago,
我们的政♥府♥说你能带着家人一起来
and our government said you could bring your family,
现在 他们试图带着家人进入时 就被卡住在过程中了
and now, when they try to do that, they're just stuck.
没人拒绝了档案 但他们也没让它们有进展
No one's denied the case, but they're not moving them forward.
法律说他们能带着家人一起来的
The law said they could bring their family members here,
但我们好像无法做到那一点
and we can't seem to manage to make that happen,
这是个耻辱
and that's a disgrace.
(病人 德博拉)
(德博拉·简 来自乌干达的重置难民)
好 德博拉 你准备好了吗?
Deborah, are you ready to do this today? -Mm-hmm.
我们今天的目标
So, this is what we're definitely kind of targeting today
是去除这一切
is removing all this,
从你大腿上接皮 解放这个挛缩
taking a skin graft from the thigh and releasing this contracture
而用植皮重建这部分
and reconstructing with a skin graft there.
开始吧 我们会让你更低一些
Let's do this. We're gonna lower your back down a little bit.
德博拉 保重了 亲爱的 祝你好运
Deborah, you take care, hon. Good luck.
-有你们都在 我很坚强 -是的 你好坚强
I'm strong with all of you here. -You are.
你是行的
You can do this. -Yes, you are.
(停止 手术室)
我的名字是德博拉·巴林然·简
My name is Deborah Baliraine Jane.
我原本来自乌干达
I am originally from Uganda.
(分开的故事)
我是个酸灼伤的幸存者
I am a survivor of an acid burn.
酸灼伤是我和孩子的爸分离后
And the burn happened in 2014
2014年发生的
after I had separated with the father of my children.
有一天下午
It was one afternoon.
有人敲了门
Somebody knocks.
孩子们跑了过去 他们告诉了我 “门外有两个男人
The children run. They told me, "There are two men at the gate,
他们说他们有个信息...
and they say they have a message...
爸爸送来的信息”
from Daddy."
我看到他身上带着壶
I saw him with a jug,
往我身上泼东西
and he was just set to pour something on me.
我感觉到了冷冷的东西
I felt something cold.
冷的感觉变成了烧灼感
The cold turned into burning.
我穿着的衣服变成了灰 从我身上掉落了
The clothes that I had put on fell off my body into ash,
而我整个身体都...
and my whole body was...
就像你身体在个烤架上的感觉
Just like you would feel your body on a grill.
这是酸灼伤发生的一个星期后
And this was one week after the burn.
我们在穆拉戈医院这里见了德博拉
We found Deborah here in Mulago Hospital
查出硫酸到底给她带来了多大的损伤
testing the extent of damage acid could have brought unto her.
在乌干达里 硫酸暴♥力♥事件几乎总是
In Uganda, acid violence almost always leaves victims
都会给受害者留下 严重的身体和心理上的疤痕
with severe physical, psychological, and social scarring.
神对我说了话
God spoke to me,
而这是我总是 对和我说话的人说的证词
and it is one testimony that I always give to the few people that I talk to.
在那个时候 他对我说了“别害怕”
At that moment, he told me, "Do not be afraid."
我在心里听见的
I just heard this in my heart.
“别害怕 你不会死的”
"Do not be afraid. You're not going to die."
我被美国政♥府♥接受了
I was accepted by the US government.
因为我的案子 他们答应了我
With my case, they promise me
我少过一年内就能得到我的孩子了
that I'll be able to have my children within a year or even less,
剧集 | 移民国度(2020) | 导航列表