剧集 | 移民国度(2020) | 导航列表
但他们不在这里
but they're not here with me.
没人会选择做难民
Nobody chose to be a refugee.
我是内战时出生长大的
I was born and grew up around the civil war.
若有事情发生 我妈妈会告诉我们
If something happens, my mom will tell us, like,
“趴下 遮住你的头 留在那里
"Hit the floor. Cover your head. Stay there.
装死” 那就是你唯一能生存的方式
Just act dead." That's the only way you would survive.
提供保护是联♥合♥国♥的责任
It's the UN's job to provide protection.
然后你就能申请安置去第三个国家
Then you can apply for resettlement to a third country.
少数的人会得到这个选项
So, a small number of people get this option.
然后可能会进行 各种各样的背景调查
Then there's all kinds of background checks that happen.
整个过程需要至少两年来完成
The whole process takes at least two years to complete.
有很多会调查你的资料的国际机构
There are all these international agencies that check data,
他们有任何怀疑的话 你就出局了
and if they have any doubt, you're out.
有很多他们会直接淘汰的人
I mean, there are lots of people they will just disqualify.
你连几时会被重新安置都不知道
You do not even know where you're going to get resettled.
你可以作出要求 但你不会知道的
You request, but you do not know.
你根本不知道你会去到哪里
You do not have any idea of where you're going to go.
完成整个过程
The people who actually make it all the way through the process
而来到美国的人是很少数的
and arrive in the US are a very, very, very select few who are more vetted
而他们经过的审查 比世界上其他的移♥民♥人口更严
than just about any other immigrant population in the world.
他们会从他们审查过的人中 选择少于百分之一的人重新安置
They will select less than 1% of people that they screen to be referred for resettlement
因为能去的人限额很少
because the number of slots is so low
联♥合♥国♥只会转介有最悲惨的情况的人
that the UN is only referring cases where the straits are just incredibly dire.
多年以来 华盛顿州的领袖
For many years, leaders in Washington brought large numbers of refugees
把很多来自索马里的难民 带进你们的州里
to your state from Somalia.
自从我上任总统了以后
Since coming into office,
我把重新安置的难民数目 减少了百分比85
I have reduced refugee resettlement by 85%.
特朗普政♥府♥把美国会接受的难民数目
The Trump administration is slashing the number of refugees the US will admit
减到了创史新低
to a new record low.
2019年的上限设置在三万个人
The cap for 2019 now set at 30,000 people.
总统设定的数目会影响我的儿子
The presidential determination numbers include my son.
所以他们越降低...
So, the more they lower...
我的希望越低落
my hopes go down.
这会减少我能和儿子团聚的机会
It reduces the chances of me uniting with my son.
总统在2017年秋季发了会结束
The president issued an executive order in the fall of 2017
让难民和要求庇护者 家庭团聚的行政命令
that ended family reunification for refugees and asylum seekers.
“你能过来 但你不能带着你的家人一起来”
It said, "You can come here, but then you can't bring your family after you."
我们起了诉 法官判定说那是非法的
And we brought a lawsuit, and a judge ruled that that was illegal,
说他们不能关闭家庭团聚计划
that they couldn't shut down the family reunification program.
所以他们诉诸于不处理那些申请
And so what they've done instead is just sort of refuse to process those applications.
我收到了国家签证中心的通讯
I received a communication from the National Visa Center.
他们通常会说30天内
They normally say 30 days...
会给个访问的日期
that they'll be giving them a date for their interview.
两个月过了 三个月过了
We came to two months. We came to three months.
五个月过了 一年过了
We came to five months. We came to a year.
现在已经一年很多个月了
It is now one year and so many months.
我没听到他们其他的消息
I have never got any other communication.
(华盛顿特区)
(爱德华·贝克特 德州的移♥民♥律师)
谢谢你们拿出时间来这里
Thank you all for making time to be here.
大♥赦♥国♥际♥已经在移♥民♥界里
Amnesty International has been working on issues of family detention
攻击家庭拘留的问题很多年了
in the immigration sphere for many, many years now.
我们 以及美国里很多的其他人
We, along with many others in the United States,
因为特朗普政♥府♥最近几年采纳的政策
have been dismayed about the policies that have been adopted in the last few months and last couple of years
而感到沮丧
under the Trump administration.
明白这行为不是为了执法
It's important to recognize also that these are not accidental human rights violations
而意外侵犯人♥权♥是很重要的
in any effort to enforce the law.
它们是故意想破坏
They're deliberate efforts
美国对要求庇护者的法律保护的行为
to undermine the legal protections for asylum seekers that the US has integrated into US law.
我们这些在边界的州是个实验室
We on the border, we are a laboratory.
换句话说 特朗普的政♥府♥ 用了我们的地区来做实验
In other words, the Trump administration has been experimenting in our region,
看什么方法最有效
and they see what works,
然后他们就会利用那些不良行为 并在全国范围内应用
and then they take those bad actions and apply them nationwide.
基本上 我们在边界上看到的
And basically, what we're seeing on the border
是把庇护要求者罪犯化的行为
is the criminalization of asylum seekers.
和孩子们一起逃离 不好的状况的妈妈
A mother that comes with her children, that's, you know, running away from a really bad situation
会被当作罪犯对待 而不仅在这政♥府♥的领导下...
is being treated like a criminal, not only under this administration...
这是从海关和边境保护局开始的
It starts from CBP...
流到了美国边境巡逻队
to US Border Patrol...
甚至流到了法官们
to the judges even, now.
因为边界上的移♥民♥法官不是独♥立♥的
Because the immigration judges on the border are not independent.
他们有非常糟糕的记录 几乎百分之98的拒绝率
They have horrible records, almost a 98% denial rate.
我们看过了回国而死亡的人
We see the people that go back and die.
我有至少五个客户 因为法官拒绝了庇护申请而死了
At least five of my clients have died because judges have denied asylum.
我有客户...
I've had clients where they're--
我其中一个客户的哥哥被人分尸
I had one client where her brother was cut into pieces,
我们有了很多取证报告 而法官说了:“我不相信她
and we had all the forensics reports, and the judge says, "I don't believe her.
是啊 事情是发生了 又怎么样?她还能回去的”
Yeah, that happened. So what? She can go back."
(华雷斯城 墨西哥)
(移♥民♥之家)
你来自哪里的?
Where are you coming from?
格雷罗 墨西哥
Guerrero, Mexico.
你的婚姻状况呢? 单身 已婚 还是同居伴侣关系?
Your civil status? Single, married or domestic partnership?
他们杀了我的丈夫
They killed my husband.
寡妇
Widow.
-你有几个孩子? -四个
How many children do you have? -Four.
你离开的原因是什么? 经济 社会 还是安全?
The reason why you left? Economic, social, security?
因为他们杀了我的丈夫 现在也想杀我
Because they killed my husband, and now they are after me.
移♥民♥之家是个能收留 离开他们的家 家人 文化
The House is a shelter that can hold men, women,
的男人 女人 孩子 或家庭
children and families that have left behind their home, family, culture.
他们留在这里时往往
Many things that, for the time that they stay here,
(哈维尔·萨拉扎神父 移♥民♥之家)
都能重新获得他们留下的东西
they can obtain something that they have left behind.
这是我们的基本目标
Our number one job is
引导与支持他们
to guide and support them
所以他们能实现移♥民♥的梦想
so they can achieve their dream of migration.
之前呢 来自中美洲的家庭能过桥进入美国
In the past, a family from Central America could go to the bridge, and they could pass.
现在他们不能了
But now, they can't.
现在有个来自ICE的命令
Now, there's an order and a negotiation with ICE
(伊冯·洛佩兹 移♥民♥之家)
让我们接受庇护要求者
that we receive asylum seekers.
4290号♥是给马里察的
Number 4290 for Maritza.
我们会给他们有号♥码的手镯 让我们追踪他们的位置
We give them a bracelet with a number we can track.
我们通过那个名单和ICE合作
And through that list, we work with ICE.
他们会告诉我 “我们今早会接受30个移♥民♥者”
They tell me, "We will accept 30 migrants this morning."
他们随便一天不接受移♥民♥者的话
When they don't accept migrants during one day,
我这里的人数就会开始累积起来了
people start accumulating for me here.
我们想通过正确的方法做事 所以我们才来这里
We want to do things right. That's why we are here.
他们给了我们号♥码
They gave us a number.
我们从这里会被带去边界
From here, we are taken to the border,
后来过程是怎么样 我们就不清楚了
and we don't know what the process is there.
这就是手镯
This is the bracelet.
大家都有吗?
Everybody has one?
是的
Yes.
因为我们想以正确的方法做事 想进入美国工作
Because we want to do things right, and we want to go to the US to work,
为了取得繁荣 做好事情
to prosper, to do things well.
特朗普总统说过 他要我们合法地做事
President Trump said he wanted things to be done legally.
所以我们就合法地做
So we are doing it in a legal way.
以最好的方法做
We are going about it the best way possible.
我们不要任何的问题 只想在那里被接受
We don't want problems. We want to be accepted there.
-我们为了安全离开了古巴 -安全
We left Cuba for security.
每当古巴人被遣送回古巴时
Every time Cubans are deported back to Cuba,
他们就会消失
they disappear.
你就找不到他们了
You cannot find them.
我们准备好被拘留了
We are prepared to be detained.
别人说一 二 三 或六个月
People say one, two, three or six months.
那是他们说的 但我们不知道会多久
This is what they say, but we don't know how long.
4234
4234,
4235 4236
4235, 4236,
4237
4237,
4238
4238,
请你们赶快收好你们的东西
please gather your things quickly
在警卫处排队
and make a line in the guards area.
剧集 | 移民国度(2020) | 导航列表