剧集 | 成长不容易(2018) | 导航列表
Yeah. If we don't make it,
是啊 如果我们做不到
we end up back in the hood,
我们就得回到贫民区
jerking off some guy who sells incense and tube socks
给某个卖♥♥熏香和长筒袜的男人
behind the donut shop.
在甜甜圈店旁打飞机
Like... Whoa.
就是 喔哦
Okay.
好吧
I totally feel like you guys
我感觉你们
just skipped over multiple steps on your spiral down.
在这个堕落的过程中跳了几大步
Yeah. If we go back home,
是啊 如果我们就这么回家
we're not just failures to ourselves.
我们不仅辜负了自己
We've let everybody down.
还辜负了所有人
We're losers.
我们就成了废柴
Total disappointments.
令人彻底失望
I mean, there's jobs at the post office.
我说 可以在邮局工作啊
The DMV, personal trainer, those sign-turning guys.
还可以去机动车部门 或者做私教 转标志牌
I just feel like there's a couple other options
我寻思着有那么多别的选项可以选
before, you know, the donut-shop situation.
也不至于沦落到甜甜圈店那样
I totally get not wanting to be a disappointment.
我完全明白不想让别人失望的心情
Why do you guys think I haven't come out to my family yet?
不然你们以为我为什么还没向家里人出柜
I mean, like, would they still love me?
我是说 他们还会继续爱我吗
Sure.
当然会
But would they look at me differently?
但他们会用不一样的眼光看我吗
I don't know, and I don't want to know.
我不知道 也不想知道
I just... I want to be their daughter,
我只是 我想做他们的女儿
not their bisexual daughter.
而不是他们的双性恋女儿
You got to live your life out loud
你得活出自我
or else you'll end up like my dad.
不然就会变成我爸这样
Your dad's a closeted bisexual?
你♥爸♥是个深柜同性恋吗
Worse, he's a bum.
更糟 他是垃圾
Ah, that's messed up.
那真是太糟了
My guy, when's the last time you've seen him?
老哥 你上次见他是什么时候
I don't know, in person?
我不知道 你说当面吗
Last week when he dropped me off.
上周他把我送过来的时候
We Skyped this morning about our Catalina trip.
我们今早还视频通话了 讨论卡特琳娜岛之旅
Wait, you Skyped?
等等 你们视频了
Oh, my God, is he one of those
我的天啊 他是不是那种
homeless dudes with a cellphone?
带着手♥机♥的流浪汉
That drives me crazy.
这种人能把我逼疯
Me too. WWhat? No.
我也是 什么 不是
W-Well, then what is it, bro?
那到底是什么情况 兄弟
Is he a... he's an alcoholic, he's on drugs, what's up?
他是酗酒还是吸毒啊 怎么回事
He's a fucking cab driver.
他是个天杀的出租车司机
A cab driver... who beats your mom?
一个对你妈家暴的出租车司机
No, he worships my mom.
不 他崇拜我妈
Okay, so, like, in Hindi, does "Bum" mean, like,
好吧 所以在印度语里 "垃圾"的意思是不是
a present and supportive father?
一个在你身边支持你的爸爸
Mm. That's got to be what it is. Yeah. Totally.
肯定是这个意思 绝对是
He's a bum because he never tried.
他是垃圾 因为他从不尝试
He's a smart guy,
他很聪明
but he's been driving that stupid cab for 35 years.
但已经开了35年出租车了
Dude's got no ambition.
一点野心都没有
You mean, other than fleeing a third-world country?
你是指 比起他逃离了第三世界国家这件事
Developing a high-level understanding of English?
以及形成了高水平的英语理解能力
Loving his wife?
深爱他的妻子
And putting his son through college?
还供儿子上大学
Dude's a bum.
就是个垃圾
I'm a bad person.
我是个坏人
Huh? She said she was a bad person.
啥 她说她是个坏人
Yeah, I heard what she said. Thank you.
我听见她说什么了 谢谢
I want to know why she said it.
我想知道她为什么这么说
Probably 'cause she thinks she's not a good person.
大概是因为她觉得自己不是个好人吧
I don't remember talking to you, bro.
我没有在和你说话 兄弟
Why don't you just shut the...
你能不能闭上
How about you...
为什么你不
Hey, you guys. You're always talking.
行了 你们俩 你一直在说话
You guys. Flattop head.
各位 愣头青
No, 'cause he's always doing that.
不 因为他一直是这个德行
Chill out. No, he's a...
冷静点 不 他就是个
Hey. Hey.
嘿
I'm sorry.
不好意思
You all right?
你还好吗
I don't know why,
我不知道为什么
but at that moment,
但就在那一刻
something came over me.
我被什么东西触动了
Maybe it was hearing Vivek talk about his dad,
可能是因为Vivek谈他爸爸的事
or Nomi being honest about her sexuality,
或者是Nomi直言不讳她的性取向
or maybe it was just because
也有可能只是因为
I'd done such a shitty thing to Ana,
我那样对待Ana
but I felt compelled to keep opening up.
但我感觉我被推动着继续打开心扉
I realized that the first time I was out on my own,
我意识到这是我第一次独自出门在外
the first chance to make my own decision,
第一次有机会来自己做决定
I made the wrong one,
却做出了错误的选择
and I had done it so easily.
而且做得那么轻而易举
What did that say about me?
那意味着我是什么样的人
Was that the person I really was?
那是我真正的样子吗
The thought of that scared me,
这种想法令我害怕
but I wasn't alone in my feeling.
但我并不孤单
We were all scared.
我们都在害怕着什么
One by one, I looked around
我一个一个人看过去
and saw a group of strangers with nothing in common
看到一群没有任何相似之处的陌生人
look at each other and see their truest selves
看着彼此 看到他们真实的自我
reflected in the eyes of people they would soon call family.
倒映在这些即将成为家人的人眼中
In fact, the more we cried,
事实上 我们越是哭泣
the more we realized exactly why
越真切地意识到究竟为何
we all had stumbled into this crazy class,
我们误打误撞地来到这个疯狂的课堂
and it wasn't drones.
并不是为了无人机
Dear Professor Dr. Telphy,
亲爱的Telphy博士教授
you asked us to write down why we're taking this class,
你让我们写下自己来上这门课的原因
and the honest truth is we're scared.
真♥相♥是 我们很害怕
Scared that maybe we're a person
害怕自己其实是
we wouldn't like very much if we met.
我们并不喜欢的那种人
Scared we're people who are gonna let our communities down.
害怕我们会辜负自己的社群
Scared we're people our parents might think different of
害怕我们是那种 一旦被父母发现
if they really knew.
就会被另眼相看的人
Scared of becoming our parents,
害怕成为我们父母那样的人
and in some of our cases,
以及作为某种个例
scared of losing one of our 17 thumb rings.
害怕失去自己17个指环中的任何一个
That was a moment that bonded us forever.
那是一个将我们永远联结起来的时刻
It was a moment we never talked about again.
也是我们再也不会谈起的时刻
It was a moment that was ours.
那个时刻属于我们
The next night, I was feeling more confident
第二天晚上 我感觉自信多了
that although I would still make mistakes,
尽管我依然会犯错误
I was determined to make better choices
我已经下定决心要做出更好的选择
and be a better person overall.
总之 要做个更好的人
Hey, Tara, what's up with the box?
嘿 Tara 这个盒子是干嘛的
Oh.
噢
A new single just opened up over at Cardinal Towers.
红衣主教塔那儿有一个新的单间
I'm out of here.
我要离开这儿了
So you're moving out?
所以你要从这儿搬走吗
Yep.
没错
I like to study naked.
我喜欢全♥裸♥学习
It's probably better for both of us.
这对你我来说可能都更好
But don't worry,
不过别担心
they already assigned you a new roommate.
他们已经给你安排了新室友
She's in there unpacking.
她已经在里面放行李了
She seems cool.
她人看起来不错
Okay.
好吧
Ohh.
噢
剧集 | 成长不容易(2018) | 导航列表