剧集 | 成长不容易(2018) | 导航列表
They were also Cal U's hottest track recruits,
她们还是宾州加利福尼亚大学最火的田径特长生
which meant they were judged about everything,
这意味着她们的一切都会被人们指指点点
just like the young, Black, female athletes
就像其他年轻的黑人女运动员一样
who came before them were scrutinized about their speed, their bodies, even their edges.
她们的速度 身体 甚至样貌都被吹毛求疵地观察
But America's darlings were a far cry from this guy,
但是美国的宠儿们和剩下的这位大相径庭
who had a different opinion about America.
他对美国有完全不同的想法
This one's "Black Lives Matter," I got "I Can't Breathe,"
这个写着"黑人的命很重要" 还有一个"我不能呼吸了"
"Michelle 2020," "Justice for Kalief Browder,"
"米歇尔2020""为Kalief Browder寻求正义"
and "Free Assata Shakur."
还有"还Assata Shakur自♥由♥"
Oh, and what's the bracelet for?
哦 那手环是做什么用的
Um, that just...
呃 这个只是
lets the EMTs know that I have a peanut allergy.
让急诊医生知道我对花生过敏
Aaron and I met during freshman orientation.
我和Aaron是在新生入学培训时认识的
He was a super-hot sophomore with a bunch of forearm tattoos
他是一个很火♥辣♥的二年级生 小臂上有一堆纹身
who somehow, against all odds, made a ducktail work.
而且不知为何 居然撑起了鸭尾辫的发型
Seriously, that should not work, right?
说实在的 本应是不好看的 对吧
But questionable hair choices aside,
但是撇去他奇怪的的发型取向
he had big plans to change the world.
他其实有改变世界的伟大计划
Um, BSU's protesting the fact that Cal U
鲍尔州立大学抗♥议♥宾州加利福尼亚大学
is changing the blackboards to whiteboards.
把黑板替换成白板
Why would they do that?
他们为什么要这样
Here we go.
大家传一下
This dude.
这位朋友
Uh, is, uh, something funny, bro?
有什么好笑的事吗
Nah, we get it.
啊 我们明白了
You're, um, "Woke."
你是 "觉醒的"
Baby Basquiat over here is Luca,
这位年轻版Basquiat叫Luca
the only freshman fly enough to rock the same skirt as me
是唯一一个潮到能和我驾驭同一套裙子的新生
and make me think about changing.
甚至一度让我想改变时尚风格
But not everyone was a fan.
即使这样 他也不是人见人爱
Okay, my bad for caring about the culture.
好吧 关心社会大环境是我的错
Maybe I should be more like you
或许我应该像你一样
and spend all my free time ring shopping.
把我所有的空闲时间用来买♥♥戒指
But then when would you have time to look for buttons?
但是如此一来你还会有时间来找这些徽章吗
Dude, would you keep it down?
朋友 你能小点声吗
This isn't the Magic Johnson Theatre.
这里可不是魔术师约翰逊大剧院
But it'd be cool if it were.
当然如果是的话会很酷
He's a community entrepreneur.
他是个社区企业家
So that dude who was about to get "World Starred" Was Vivek,
这个即将成为“世界明星”的家伙是Vivek
a first-generation Gujarati Indian
第一代古吉拉特印第安人
born to a devoutly Hindu family.
生于一个虔诚的印度教家庭
He was a straight-A student and a National Merit Scholar,
他是全A生 还拿了国家优秀学者奖
and he had big dreams
他还有个远大的理想
of following in the footsteps of his hero.
跟随他偶像的脚步
No, not him.
不 不是他
And thank God not him.
谢天谢地 也不是他
Him.
是他
So, I'm pretty sure you're wondering
所以 我觉得你肯定很奇怪
how a girl like me,
像我这样一个
with perfectly threaded eyebrows and J.Law-level charm
有着修得完美整齐的眉毛和詹尼佛·劳伦斯级别魅力的女生
wound up in a midnight class
是怎样沦落到一个
full of puppies and meth addicts.
充斥着小狗和瘾君子的夜校的
Well, you weren't the only one.
好吧 你不是一个人
Uh, apparently some people in the administration
显然行政部门的某些人
are scrutinizing over the legitimacy of this class.
正在审查这门课的合法性
Crazy, right?
太疯狂了 是吧
So, a survey will be going around.
现在 我们来做一个调查
Per protocol, I have to step out.
根据程序 我不得在场
Feel free to talk amongst yourselves
你们可以内部讨论一下
why you wanted to enroll in this class.
你们为什么想要来上这门课
And it would be greatly appreciated
如果你们不要提这些小狗崽子的存在
if you leave out any mention of breech terrier puppies
我会非常感激的
that may or may not actually be coyotes.
它们也可能是土狼
Well, I know why I'm here.
好吧 我知道我为什么来这
I enjoy taking classes taught by Black professors.
我喜欢上黑人教授的课
Unfortunately, he's one of them.
非常不幸 他就算一个
But you... why... why are you here?
但是你 你为什么来这
Oh, no!
哦 不
Uh.
呃
Why am I here?
我为什么来这
Yeah. Well, psht!
对啊 哦 噗嗤
Drones. I love 'em.
无人机 我爱它们
This dude.
这哥们问的啥问题
Am I right?
对吧
All the buttons?
那些按钮
Sure.
当然了
All right, so I'm not gonna lie,
好吧 我不想撒谎
I'm not in this class because I love drones.
我来这不是因为我喜欢无人机
Although they are pretty cool.
虽然它们确实很酷
It's like we gave a bunch of cameras to birds.
就像是我们在小鸟身上安了照相机一样
But again, not why I'm here,
不过再说一次 我不是因为这个来的
and I'm not about to put my business on blast
我也不打算把我的事情
to these six randos who I'm stuck in drone class with.
跟这六个无人机课上的陌生人说
Well, I can't put the real reason I'm in here.
好吧 我不能把我来这的真实原因写上
My uncle reads this.
我叔叔会看到
You know, Nomi, Cal U is where I met your second aunt.
你知道 Nomi 宾州加利福尼亚大学是我遇见你第二任婶婶的地方
享乐主义 一个度假村 号♥称可以满足你的全部愿望的成年人乐园
Was she the one you lost to Hedonism II?
是不是你因为享乐主义丢掉的那个婶婶
Yeah.
没错
The rippin' and the tearin'.
撕心裂肺啊
The rippin' and the tearin'.
撕心裂肺
Nomi's uncle was Bert Parker, the Dean of Students,
Nomi的叔叔是Bert Parker 是我们院长
and despite his eight failed marriages,
尽管他的婚姻失败了八次
he seemed oddly more preoccupied
似乎他对Nomi找到合适的对象的关注
with Nomi finding the right guy than her finding the right class.
远超过Nomi选合适的课
Perhaps you'll find love here, too.
也许你也会在这找到爱情
Mm, hot tip,
咳 热心提示
most of the young, eligible Jewish guys...
大多数年轻的 差不多的犹太孩子
Yeah? ...hang out right over there.
怎么 都在那边玩
We call that area "Little Boca."
我们管那里叫"小博卡"
But unbeknownst to anyone in her family...
不过她家里人还不知道
Nomi and her newfound sexual freedom
Nomi和她刚解放的性自♥由♥
had other things in mind.
脑子里想的是别的
You know, I really have to go to the bathroom.
你知道 我真的需要去下厕所了
I had, like, some questionable sushi.
我吃了点 呃 有问题的寿司
Oh. I'll be back.
哦 一会回来
Okay.
好的
Oh!
哦
So, I should just, uh, put "Drones," Right?
所以 我应该就写 呃 "无人机" 对吗
Yeah, definitely, definitely. Okay.
没错 就是这样 就是这样 好的
Just a drone situation. Yeah.
就写无人机问题吧 没错
I think I might be a "Drone" Guy, too.
我觉得我也要写'无人机'
Yes, Mummi, I've signed up for the statistics club.
是的 妈妈 我已经报名加入统计学俱乐部了
Thank Auntie Beena for the Ganesh statue.
谢谢Beena姨的迦乃士雕像
It got here in one piece.
带过来还完好无损
And tell Puppa-Ji I'll call him tonight to go over my classes,
然后告诉Puppa-Ji我晚上会打给他检查我的功课
and before you ask, they're all S.T.E.M....
在你问之前先说一声 都是STEM学科
no arts, no humanities, no physical activities.
没有艺术 没有人文 没有体育活动
Yo, Vivek!
哟 Vivek
Mom, let me call you back.
妈我回头再打给你
I just saw some of my engineering friends.
我刚看到我的几个工程师朋友
Those were not his engineering friends.
这些可不是什么"工程师朋友"
I got Molly, I got Oxy, I got Roxy.
我这有莫里 缓释羟考酮 羟考酮
I got Xanies, I got Percs, I got Addies.
我有阿普唑仑 普热息 阿迪斯
And this...
还有这个
This is a really strong decongestant.
这是一种劲很足的减充血剂
So, Vivek grew up poor.
是的 Vivek家里很穷
His parents wanted him to be an engineer,
他的父母想让他成为一个工程师
and he did too,
他也做到了
but he wasn't willing to wait eight years to ball out.
但是他不想再等八年才赚钱了
A drug dealer?
剧集 | 成长不容易(2018) | 导航列表