剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表
Have you filed a claim with the probate court?
那你向遗嘱检验法♥院♥提出申诉了吗
Yes.
是的
And now your in-laws are making the same claim?
但你配偶的家人也提出申诉了是吗
They want everything.
他们想夺走一切
They didn't even come to their own daughter's funeral.
他们甚至连自己亲生女儿的葬礼都没参加
Your spouse was their... daughter?
你的配偶是他们的...女儿
Yes. Melanie.
是的 她叫梅勒妮
Oh. So you and your wife had a civil union?
这么说你们是同性婚姻关系
No, Ms. Kaswell.
不 卡斯维女士
When we got married, I was a man.
我们结婚时 我是男人
Please.
拜托了
Can you help me?
帮帮我
We'll do everything we can.
我们会尽力而为
Waiter. Yes, ma'am.
服务生 是 女士
More, please.
加点水
That's enough.
够了
So here's why I asked you to lunch.
我邀你共餐的原因是
My former assistant, Dawn Lucas,
我前任助手 邓恩·卢卡斯
had the audacity to write
厚颜无♥耻♥地写了本书
a tell-all book about me.
曝光我的生活
Wow. Did you read it?
哇 你看了吗
First two chapters. She sent it out to publishers.
看了前两章 她将书发给了多家出版商
Of course, there was a bidding war
当然 因为我的名气
because of my name.
他们难免一场竞购大战
We're done.
我们吃完了
Let me clear that, ma'am.
我为您清理 女士
I'm sorry. I just -- just...
不好意思 我再...再...
Um, so...
所以...
You feel that the -- the book is unflattering?
你认为...那本书言辞不善吗
She makes me out to be mean and abusive.
她把我说得卑鄙又刻薄
It's pure fiction.
根本一派胡言
Legally, we have to wait until the book is released,
法律上来说 我们得等那本书出版后
but then we can sue for libel.
才能以诽谤罪提起诉讼
I want you to stop the book before it's published.
我要你在这书出版前就阻止它
That's not how it works.
这样可不行
Uh, the freedom of speech is the foundation of our country.
言论自♥由♥是我们的立国之本
If you can't help me, I'll ask the waiter
如果你帮不上忙 我会让服务生
to put your salmon dijonaise in a doggie bag.
帮你把等下的第戎鲑鱼打包
So, Jane, can you stop the publication of this book or not?
那么 简 你能不能阻止这本书的出版
It won't be a problem.
完全没问题
Ah, the prodigal lawyer return.
啊 派头十足的律师回来咯
Oh. Were you waiting for me?
你是在等我吗
What? No. I just had some business here in reception.
什么 不 我只是在前台有点事儿
What's Ellie got for us?
艾丽让我们做什么
A total dog.
真是个难搞的人
She wants me to file an injunction
她要我申请禁令
to stop a tell-all from being published.
来阻止一本揭秘她的书出版
Which would be prior restraint,
这是事前限制[限制新闻自♥由♥的手段]
and you'd lose.
赢不了的
Yeah. I know. It's impossible.
是啊 我知道 根本不可能赢
Even the U.S. Government couldn't use prior restraint
连美国政♥府♥都不能用事前限制
to stop The Pentagon Papers.
来阻止《五角大楼文件》的公映
As justice Black said,
就像布莱克法官说的那样
"To hold that the publication of news "
"我们需谨记 对于新闻言论的限制
May sometimes be enjoined would make a shambles of
与美国宪法第一修正案之宗旨
The First Amendment."
坚决抵触"
Not to mention, I'd have a tough time arguing
更不要提 在法庭上想要证明那本书
that a trashy book is a threat to national security.
对国♥家♥安♥全♥造成威胁比登天还难
Agreed.
同意
So, what do I do?
所以 那我怎么办
Well, you know what they say.
俗话说得好
If the law's against you, bang on the facts.
倘若不合法 用事实说理
If the facts are against you, bang on the law.
倘若不合理 诉诸于法律
If both are against you, bang on the table.
要是不合法又不合理 那就去撞桌子吧
That's a lot of banging.
那我要撞多少下
You have a fiduciary duty to your client.
你有义务对客户坦诚
The relationship is sacred.
顾客是上帝
Especially if the client handed you a big, fat retainer.
特别是付你高额佣金的客户
Bang, bang.
对极了
Hey, you ready to meet our client's in-laws?
准备好去见客户配偶的家人了吗
I was thinking, do you really need me?
我刚还在想 你真的需要我吗
You seem to have it under control.
似乎一切已经在你掌控中了
You're that uncomfortable around Allison
艾莉森就那么让你不自在
that you have to remove yourself?
以至于你要退避三舍了吗
No.
没有
Okay, maybe a little.
好吧 有一点儿
I mean, I completely respect his -- her...
我是说 我完全尊重他的 她的...
"Her."
"她的"
Right.
没错
Look, the client needs
听着 客户的律师团队里
an alpha male on her team.
需要一个大男子主义的人
If you can accept Allison,
如果你能接受艾莉森
then no one else should have a problem.
那么别人肯定也能
You see me as an alpha male?
你觉得我是大男子主义的人吗
I see you as a prop in this case.
这个案子我当你是男花瓶的
If you're uncomfortable, keep your mouth shut.
要是不自在 那就别吱声
Mr. And Mrs. Walters,
沃尔特先生和夫人
we're very sorry for your loss,
我们对您痛失亲人深感遗憾
But we think we can come to a reasonable settlement.
但我们认为双方可有合理的解决方案
Oh, really?
是吗
Is there a price that you can put on humiliation?
那你觉得耻辱值多少钱呢
We couldn't send out family christmas cards
我们无法寄家庭圣诞卡片
or attend family reunions --
也不能参加家族聚会...
You chose not to.
是你自己不愿那么做
Do you know how much that hurt Melanie?
你知道那让梅勒妮多伤心吗
Melanie died without children.
梅勒妮死时没有孩子
Therefore, without a will,
因此 在没有遗嘱的情况下
the property goes to the spouse first,
财产优先分配给配偶
then to the parents --
然后才是父母
And Allison is the spouse.
而艾莉森就是那个配偶了
"Spouse." Please.
"配偶" 得了
Not under California law.
加州的法律可不承认
Look, Allison isn't trying to get rich here.
听着 艾莉森不是为了钱财
She simply wants to stay in the home
她只是希望能够继续留在
she shared with your daughter,
她和您女儿共同生活过的家里
keep her personal belongings --
保留她的私人物品...
Everything that belonged to Melanie belongs to us.
属于梅勒妮的一切 都是我们的
Taking away Melanie's things
即使夺走梅勒妮的东西
won't take away what we had together.
也带不走我们共同生活的美好时光
She was everything to me.
她是我的一切
You did this to yourself.
你自作自受
Hi, Stacy's voicemail.
你好 史黛西语♥音♥信箱
So, I am at the courthouse,
我现在在法庭
and I'm pretending to be talking to you
假装和你通话
so that I look fake-busy when I fake-bump into Hank
为了在假装偶遇汉克前 假装很忙
and invite him to our date-fake dinner party.
然后约他来假装聚餐 实则约会
Um...Ooh, there he is. Bye.
他来了 先挂了
Hank!
汉克
Jane. How are you?
简 最近怎么样
Uh, good, good.
不错 不错
It's been a while.
很久不见了
Yeah.
对
Um...How have you been lately?
你最近怎么样
Oh, you know.
就这样
Shelby in arraignments got transferred,
传讯处的谢尔比调职了
threw off everyone's schedule.
大家的工作都受到影响
Been total chaos. I bet.
彻底乱套了 绝对是
Yeah.
对啊
So, I know that this is last minute,
虽然这会儿说有点晚了
um, but my roommate and I
但我和我室友
剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表