剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表
And our rent is due...
而且咱们该付房♥租了
Yesterday.
昨天就该付了
Jane, thank god you're here.
简 太好了你来了
Oh, it's nice to see you, too.
我也很高兴见到你
But I'm just here to get my paycheck.
但我只是过来领薪水的
which won't be ready till Friday.
薪水周五才发呢
But you told Stacy -
但你告诉史黛西...
I had to get you to the office.
我得把你哄到办公室来
You have client waiting. What?
有客户在等你 啥
Teri, you're not the one with amnesia,
泰丽 失忆的那个人又不是你
so you should recall that I don't work here anymore.
所以你应该记得我已经不在这儿上班了吧
You made a commitment to the Center for Justice
你向正义中心承诺过
to take on a pro bono case.
会提供无偿法援
And you're still a lawyer until you're officially disbarred.
况且在被正式吊销资格前 你仍是名律师
No.
不
Look, the paralegals have done all the prep work.
听着 律师助理们已经做好一切准备
You just need to rep the client in court.
你只需代理委托人出庭就可以了
The trial was supposed to be in a few weeks.
审判本应在几周后做出
But given the circumstances, it's been expedited.
但根据目前情况来看 审判被提前了
What circumstances?
目前什么情况
Jackie was born with an enlarged heart.
杰琪患有先天性心脏肥大
Her cardiologist says
她的心脏科医生说
that if she doesn't have the procedure soon, she's...
如果不尽快进行手术 她就...
Uh, your file says that you're covered by insurance
你的资料上说你买♥♥了保险
and that she's a qualified dependent.
而且她符合保险受益亲属的条件
They refuse to pay for the surgery.
他们拒绝支付手术费用
They say the procedure is experimental.
因为他们说这项手术还在试验阶段
Translation - they're trying to save a buck.
说白了 他们就是想省钱
And she needs a special kind of pacemaker
而且她需要一种特殊的起搏器
that retrains the back muscles
那种起搏器可以重新
to contract around the heart.
让心脏周围的背肌收缩
It's her only chance.
这是她仅存的希望
According to the A.M.A,
根据美国医学协会的说法
the experimental procedure has already saved 29 lives.
这项试验阶段的手术已挽救了29条生命
Jackie should be number 30.
杰琪应该是第30个
Okay, you should know that I'm being disbarred.
好吧 但是我要被吊销律师资格了
Which has nothing to do
但这绝影响不了
with her qualifications as a top-notch lawyer.
她具备业内顶尖律师的职业素质
Nevertheless, maybe you should find someone
不管怎样 也许你应该找一位
whose status as a lawyer is not in question.
律师资质不受任何质疑的律师
There's no time.
没时间了
Her condition has deteriorated over the past few days.
过去几天里 她的病情不断恶化
The trial has been moved up to this afternoon.
审判已经被提前到今天下午
Mama?
妈妈
Yes?
怎么了
Maggie says she wants to be your baby.
麦琪说她想做你的宝宝
But, honey, Maggie is your doll.
但是宝贝儿 麦琪是你的娃娃
You'll take good care of her.
你会好好照顾她的
Right, mommy?
对吧 妈妈
Just one second.
请稍等
If you had called the Center for Justice yesterday,
如果你昨天打电♥话♥给正义中心
You could have gotten another lawyer
你完全可以找到其他律师
assigned to this case.
接手这单案子
She doesn't need another lawyer. She needs you.
她不需要别的律师 她需要的是你
It is not fair to get that woman's hopes up!
你这样点燃她的希望对她不公平
What if I get disbarred mid-trial?
要是开庭审理到一半我被吊销资格怎么办
What's gonna happen?
接下来会发生什么
Well, I guess you better fight that disbarment.
那你就该争取保住律师资格
You did this all on purpose, didn't you?
你故意这么做的 是不是
The world works in mysterious ways.
冥冥之中自有天意
I did take the liberty of finding you an attorney
不过我确实人为地为你找了个律师
to represent you at the disbarment hearing.
作为你的代理人出席你的资格听证会
He's waiting in the conference room.
他正在会议室等你
What attorney?
哪个律师
Let's just say I found someone who believes in you.
总之是相信你的人就对了
I'm Tony Nicastro, and with your permission,
我是托尼·尼卡斯罗 如果你同意的话
I'll be representing you in your disbarment hearing.
我将作为你的代理人出席吊销资格听证会
And if it's not inappropriate,
有句话不知道当讲不当讲
may I say you look radiant.
你看上去真是容光焕发
Well, thank you.
是吗 多谢
And for the record, it's never inappropriate.
确切地说 这话没什么不当讲的
I tried to call you last night,
我昨晚试着打你电♥话♥
but it went to your voicemail.
但是直接转留言信箱了
Um, yeah, Stacy and I had a girls' night.
是啊 史黛西和我昨晚有点活动
Listen, I was gonna tell you
听着 我本来想告诉你
about this disbarment thing, but -
关于吊销律师资格这事 但是
Oh, Teri filled me in.
泰丽都告诉我了
You were trying to be ethical,
你想坚守道义
and yet you breached a rule of ethics.
但却违背了职业道德条例
The right thing was the wrong thing.
好心办坏事儿
Mm-hmm.
没错
You violated california rule of professional conduct 3-100.
你违反了加州职业行为规范第3-100条
I hate that one. So do I.
我讨厌那条规定 我也是
So you're cool with me representing you?
那么我做你的代理人没意见吧
Totally cool. All right, then.
完全没意见 那好
Well, as your boyfriend,
作为你的男友
It would be my honor to fight for your honor.
为你的名誉而战是我的荣幸
That sounded a lot less dorky in my head.
这句话在心里默念时没这么傻
Now, you said "Boyfriend."
等等 你刚才说"男友"
Mm-hmm. Is that okay?
没错 有问题吗
Yeah.
没问题
You just have never used that word before,
只是你从没用过这个称呼而已
and I didn't know...
而且我不知道...
So you're my boyfriend.
那你就是我的男友了
What's going on in there?
那俩人干嘛呢
What's going on up there?
你头发怎么了
I was in a good mood this morning.
我今天早上心情不错
So I decided to brighten things up. You like?
所以我决定把发色弄亮点 喜欢吗
If it weren't actionable,
如果你不控告我[性骚扰]的话
I'd say you look smoking hot.
我想说 你真是美艳动人
Uh, based on their body language,
从他们的肢体语言来看
They might want to close the blinds.
他们可能需要拉上窗帘
Tony's representing Jane at the disbarment hearing.
托尼是简听证会的代理律师
She told me she wasn't contesting it.
她之前对我说不准备提出异议
She wrote me a letter of resignation.
她已经向我递交了辞职信
Guess she changed her mind.
她可能改变主意了吧
Tony called me
托尼打电♥话♥给我
to make sure Jane had the firm's full support.
让我确保整个事务所都支持简
I assured him that she did.
我向他保证了这一点
You shouldn't have done that. Why?
你不应该这么做的 为什么
Because she committed an ethics violation
因为她违背了职业道德条例
that opens our firm to civil liability.
这导致我们事务所需要承担民事责任
Why not just terminate her now,
干嘛不现在就把她炒了
avoid the embarrassment of the hearing?
好避免出席听证会的尴尬
Two words - employment contract.
两个词 "雇佣合同"
If you fire her, you'd have to pay her out.
如果炒掉她 你要付违约金
But if she gets disbarred, you don't owe her a cent.
但如果她被吊销律师执照 你就不用破费了
I have to protect the firm.
我得保护事务所利益
All you need to do is convincing the jury
你要做的就是说服陪审团
that they should cover Jackie's procedure.
保险公♥司♥应该支付杰琪的手术费
I need to argue
我要证明
that the jerks who run the insurance company are...
掌管保险公♥司♥的混♥蛋♥是...
Jerks.
混♥蛋♥
Agreed.
同意
Am I interrupting? Yes.
打扰你们了吗 是的
No.
没有
I'm up to speed, Teri. I can handle this.
我了解案情 泰丽 我能处理好
Okay, brought you a couple of different choices.
来吧 为你提供几个着装选择
So, I need something suitable for lunch with my husband
我需要既适合与丈夫共进午餐
and then a disbarment hearing with my boyfriend.
又适合与男友参加听证会的衣服
剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表