剧集 | 大西洋帝国(2010) | 导航列表
Why aren't you heading off to the Klondike?
那你为什么不去克朗代克淘金呢
Enoch isn't going to the Klondike, Father. That's absurd.
伊诺克才不会去克朗代克 父亲 这太荒谬了
I'd go if that's where ambition led.
若是有此志向 去也无妨
I won't allow that.
我不允许
There's nothing but rough men and bear grease.
那儿除了粗人和熊脂之外什么都没有
There's riches to be found right here.
财富近在眼前
Atlantic City has doubled in size over the last decade.
过去十年 大西洋城的面♥积♥翻了一番
10,000 tourists coming in every day when the season's on.
旅游旺季时 每天都有一万名游客
He's going to mine people instead of gold. That's much easier.
他可是在从人身上掘金 这可轻松多了
From bellboy to deputy sheriff.
小门童晋升到副治安官 不简单啊
Every story has a beginning, sir.
人都有起步的地方 先生
I have a mission for you.
我有件事委托你
Seek out and purchase me a pack of Fatima's.
替我买♥♥包法蒂玛香烟回来
You wish me to be absent.
你这是想支开我
I wish for a pack of Fatima's.
我想要包法蒂玛香烟
May I smoke one?
我能抽一根吗
I'll whip you if you do.
你敢抽它 我就抽你
You're completely monstrous.
你可真是不可理喻
Be steadfast.
稳住了
Mr. Jeffries--
杰弗里斯先生
I'll talk and then you can say what you want.
先让我把话说完 你再说什么都行
Now, I've never denied Mabel anything
我从未拒绝过梅布尔任何事
because I knew it was pointless.
因为我知道说了也白说
She is quite willful.
她相当固执
I don't know what she sees in you,
话虽无意冒犯
and I say that with no intent to offend.
可我不知道她是哪点看上你了
You seem diligent and earnest
你看上去勤奋而认真
and you have certainly demonstrated persistence.
看得出来也很有毅力
I should admire those qualities,
我本该欣赏这些品行
but somehow I don't.
可是却没有
I wouldn't expect you to.
我也没指望
Why is that?
怎么说
We're fighting over the same thing.
我们在争取同一件事
One of us is bound to lose.
总有一个人要输
I mean to marry Mabel.
我要娶梅布尔
I mean to provide for her
我要养活她
and the family we'll raise together.
以及今后我们一家人
How?
怎么养活
By getting myself ahead.
出人头地
Prove it.
证明你说的话
I can't prove it to you sitting here.
我坐在这里可证明不了
Prove it to yourself.
向你自己证明
I don't have to prove what I already know.
知道的事情还有什么好证明的呢
I don't think you do know.
怕是你并不知道吧
Oh, I think you talk a bold line.
你豪言壮语说了不少
I think you have a nose for
你知道怎么揣测
figuring out what people would like to hear,
别人想听的话
but I don't think you know what you are.
但我觉得你不了解自己
Well, sir, I suppose we'll both find that out.
先生 我想时间会给我们答案的
I smoked one anyway.
我就是抽了一根
I expected nothing less.
真是我的好姑娘
It's bold.
酒劲挺大
And you, Mr. Thompson, you are bold.
你也是 汤普森先生 你的胆子也挺大
Enough to come here and stand before me now.
有胆识到这里面对我
Then we're not waiting for Mr. Torrio?
这么说我们不等托里奥先生了吗
When are you going to get rid of Charlie Luciano?
你什么时候做掉查理·卢西亚诺
He disappoints me.
他令我失望
That is true.
这点不假
He'll come for me again
他还会对我下手
and then he'll come for you.
而接下来就是你了
When one sits on the throne, that is to be expected.
身居高位 这类事可想而知
I do not take such things personally.
我并不因为这种事记仇
What's more personal than a man trying to kill you?
他想杀了你 怎么能不记仇
Fides. Trust.
信任
Loyalty.
忠诚
The foundation of the Roman Empire.
这些是罗马帝国的根基
Didn't Caesar get a knife in the back?
凯撒不就是被暗♥杀♥的吗
Still, I prefer to deal only with Italians.
即便如此 我仍只愿同意大利人来往
Where does that leave me?
那我怎么办
You are Malta.
你就像马耳他
An island unto yourself.
地方自治
Loyal to Rome, but exempt from Roman law.
忠于罗马 然而不受罗马法律制约
And Roman tribute as well?
这么说还得向罗马进贡了
Mr. Torrio assures me that you're a man
托里奥先生向我保证你是个
who knows how to return a favor.
懂得知恩图报的人
But we can hear it from him.
来听他说说吧
Abajo!
趴下
Get out of my way!
滚开
May I come in?
我能进来吗
Sorry to disturb.
抱歉打扰了
Is something wrong?
出什么事了吗
No, ma'am. Just county business.
没有 夫人 郡内事务而已
Come sit down.
进来坐下吧
It's all right.
没事
How's Ruth?
露丝还好吗
Back on her feet. Baby's thriving.
恢复过来了 孩子很健康
Glad to hear it.
真替您高兴
Well?
说吧
The jobs you do
你为准将
for the Commodore...
做的事
What jobs are those?
你说的是什么事
That have their own rules.
它有自己的一套法则
I could help with those.
我可以帮你
No one asked you to.
没人要你帮
I'm offering now.
我现在主动提供帮助
That's not how it works.
这事不是这么办的
Go home.
回家吧
It's late.
很晚了
We'll talk about it some other time.
我们改天再谈
I do appreciate you taking the time for me, Dr. Cotton.
我很感激您抽时间见我 科顿医生
I know how burdened you are.
我知道你工作负担很大
What an awful lot of responsibility.
您肩上的担子真重
I don't regard it a burden.
我不觉得那是负担
A chance to help those unable to help themselves.
这是给我机会帮助那些不能帮助自己的人
And I wanted to tell you personally
我想要来当面告诉你
that I've made a full recovery.
我已经痊愈了
You have? When?
是吗 什么时候
There wasn't an exact moment.
也没有什么确切的时间
But I'm seeing clearly now.
但我现在能看清了
Thinking clearly.
可以清晰地思考
What is it you want?
你想要做什么
I'm sure there are formalities to observe,
我知道观察需要一定的程序
but I'd like to start the process.
但我想要从现在开始
Which process is that?
开始什么
The process of being released.
出院的程序
Why were you brought to us?
你为什么被带到我们这里呢
I took someone's life...
我因为过度悲伤
in a state of temporary insanity
暂时性精神错乱
out of grief.
杀了一个人
You know you were ill?
你知道你当时生病了吗
I do.
我知道
And now you know you're not?
现在你确定你没生病吗
Yes.
对
How?
怎么知道的
How do you know what you are?
你怎么知道你的病情的呢
How do you know?
你怎么知道的
The concept of temporary insanity is troublesome.
暂时性精神错乱的定义很难讲
Some might say convenient for the afflicted.
有人觉得这对病人有利
Rational before the act,
在杀人之前是清醒的
rational after,
之后也是清醒的
剧集 | 大西洋帝国(2010) | 导航列表