剧集 | 大西洋帝国(2010) | 导航列表
And now it's time for "The Good Listener"
即将播出由纳丁·圣·克莱尔主持的
with Mrs. Nadine St. Clair.
《倾听者》节目
Hello, dear friends.
听众朋友大家好
Thank you for joining me today.
欢迎收听今天的节目
Oh, I do love a bit of the agony aunt, don't you?
我喜欢听知心姐姐回答读者的问题 你呢
In these uncertain times,
在迷惘的时候
wouldn't you like to know there's someone
你不愿意知道还有人
who understands our burdens?
能理解我们的负担
But, dear friends, I hope you realize
亲爱的听众们 要知道
you can always talk to me.
你们总可以向我倾诉
Our first letter comes from J.W. in Morristown.
我们的第一封来信是来自莫里斯顿的J.W
She relates a heartbreaking tale.
她讲述了一个令人心碎的故事
Unwanted pregnancy.
肯定是意外怀孕
"Dear Mrs. St. Clair,
"亲爱的圣克莱尔女士
for the last three years
过去这三年里
my fiance has promised that as soon as his mother passed on,
我未婚夫答应我 一旦他母亲去世
he would do right by me and..."
他就可以和我厮守…"
Why did you do that?
你为什么关掉了
It doesn't create a conducive atmosphere.
没有营造有益身心的氛围
I was listening.
我在听啊
Well, you can listen in the parlor.
你可以去客厅听
It's all right. Isn't it all right?
没事的 没关系的吧
I'd like to listen. I'd like to listen.
我想听广播 我要听广播
I'd like to listen to Nadine St. Clair.
我要听纳丁·圣克莱尔
I-- I want to.
我要听
I want to. I want to.
我要听 我要听
I want to! I want to!
我要听 我要听
I want to!
我要听
Ladies! Ladies! Ladies!
女士们 女士们
What are we here for?
我们在这是为什么
To be good.
要听话
Were you being good?
你们听话了吗
Were you?
你听话吗
Were you?
你听话吗
Were you?
你听话吗
Were you?
你呢
If we're good today, we'll be better tomorrow.
今天听话的话 明天就会变好
And if we're better tomorrow...
要是明天变好了
Dr. Cotton is happy.
科顿医生就会高兴
Dr. Cotton is happy.
科顿医生就会高兴
And when Dr. Cotton is happy, I'm happy.
科顿医生高兴了 我也会高兴
And when I'm happy...
当我高兴了
Bath time has ended, ladies.
泡澡时间结束 女士们
What are you?
你是谁
A good girl.
听话的好姑娘
May I have what I asked for?
能给我我要的吗
If I get what I ask for.
除非我得到我想要的了
Always this noisy?
总是这么吵吗
Sound of progress.
进展之声
Got a whole complex planned. Rockefeller Center.
整个地方都规划好了 洛克菲勒中心
Nothing wrong with building a shrine to oneself.
给自己建神殿也没什么
Isn't that what money's for?
钱不就是干这个吗
Your Senator Lloyd sends his regrets.
参议员罗伊德表示很遗憾
He's been detained down in Washington.
他在华盛顿脱不开身
Well, if you don't mind,
你要是不介意的话
I'd like a few moments of your time anyway.
我想跟你单独聊聊
And why exactly should you have it?
为什么我要跟你聊
Because as the board members
因为作为这个刚成立的
of the newly formed Mayflower Grain Corporation,
五月花粮食集团的董事会成员
it's fairly obvious, to me at least,
至少对我来说 很明显
that you gentlemen are poised to enter the liquor business.
在座的各位想涉足贩酒行业
Is that so?
是吗
Unless I'm wrong and there's more potential
除非是我错了 又或者是
in Wheatena than in barley and hops.
麦片行业比贩酒更有潜力
We agreed to meet, Mr. Thompson,
我们同意会面 汤普森先生
as an accommodation to the senator.
是来见参议员先生
Owing to your special relationship.
鉴于你俩的私交
But let's suppose for the moment,
但先撇开别的不说
for the sake of argument, that you're right
假设你说的是对的
and breakfast cereal is only half our concern.
早餐麦片的收益不理想
Why should we listen to you?
我们为什么要听你的
As a result of my recent trip to Havana,
我最近的哈瓦那之行
I've secured exclusive North American distribution rights
替我收获了百加得朗姆酒的
for Bacardi Rum.
北美独家经销权
In the event the sale of their product once again becomes legal.
一旦禁酒令解除 立刻开始销♥售♥
I propose we pool our resources, enter into a partnership.
我建议我们都动用资源 即刻加盟
With my experience and know-how,
有我多年的经验和了解
we can build an infrastructure
我们可以建立工厂
ready to distribute alcohol throughout--
准备好全国范围内的...
What experience? Beg pardon?
什么经验 你说什么
To what experience are you referring?
你所谓的是什么经验
My background is quite varied.
我的背景比较复杂
Would you care to elaborate?
愿闻其详
If there's any question of my integrity, Senator Lloyd--
要是对我的品行有任何质疑 罗伊德参议员
We're simply asking what qualifies you to be in the liquor business.
我们只是想问问你在卖♥♥酒这方面有什么资质
Specifically.
请详细说明
What qualifies me is that for the past 11 years
我的资质就是 在过去的十一年里
I have been one of the most successful bootleggers in the country.
我是这个国家最成功的私酒贩子之一
Oh, I see.
我知道了
Is there a reason you wanted to pretend as if you didn't know?
你为什么要装作不知道
We prefer putting our cards on the table.
我们喜欢打开天窗说亮话
Just so we're all on the same page. Fine.
好统一一致 好
The crash hit me hard as anyone, gentlemen.
大萧条对我的打击非常大
I can't finance an operation like I have in mind on my own.
我是心有余而力不足
You're putting the cart before the horse.
你这就本末倒置了
We need assurances, Mr. Thompson,
我们需要保障 汤普森先生
that repeal actually is on the horizon.
确保禁酒令真的会解除
A half million women seem to think so,
五十多万妇女都这么认为
if that rally was any indication.
她们的集♥会♥旨在于此
Women For Reform, or whatever they call themselves.
新女性 或者随便她们怎么称呼自己
Wanting something and achieving it are two very different things.
想要不代表就能实现
Though one naturally follows the other.
但是想要意味着有就可能实现
We're betting on the same thing, boys.
各位 我们现在押的是同一块宝
That repeal is going to happen.
废除禁酒令势在必行
That may be true, but without the senator--
就算如此 但如果没有参议员的支持
I'll get the senator back onboard.
我会把参议员请回来的
I'm fairly certain
我认为
we both know that's not gonna happen.
你我都清楚你根本办不到
We do appreciate your coming in, however.
但还是感谢你前来
I made the same deal, you know.
我也在做同样的生意
Excuse me?
什么意思
Across the pond.
从大洋彼岸
To import Dewar's when the country returns to its senses.
进口帝王酒 还有酩悦香槟
Moet Champagne as well.
只等这个国家重归理智
Great minds, I suppose.
英雄所见略同
Married, Mr. Thompson?
汤普森先生 你结婚了吗
Technically. It's complicated.
严格来说是的 一言难尽
Well, affairs of the heart always are.
男人都是这样
So your partners,
那么你的搭档
was that just a vetting process
只是在审查我吗
or should I find some other doorway to darken?
还是说我要找别人了
A man like you frightens them.
像你这样的人会吓到他们
These are Brahmins, not brawlers.
他们都是绅士 不是野蛮人
Well, you don't seem particularly rattled.
但你好像并不害怕
Atlantic City.
大西洋城
I'll ring you up next time I visit.
下次去的话我给你打电♥话♥
Mr. Thompson.
汤普森先生 幸会
Mr. Kennedy.
幸会 肯尼迪先生
Torrio sent word. Maranzano wants to meet.
托里奥传来话 说马兰扎诺想要会面
Ah, afternoon, my ladies.
下午好 女士们
剧集 | 大西洋帝国(2010) | 导航列表