他在学校的时光也很艰难
he had had a hard time at school,
不喜欢血腥与暴♥力♥
and disliked blood and violence -
一个最不像英国人的特点
a trait most un-English.
但他富有同情心
But he had a sympathetic character
而且很快就发现 要利用它有多么容易
and soon discovered how easy it was to make use of it.
通过理解人们 他能洞悉他们最隐秘的想法
By understanding people, he could penetrate their innermost thoughts...
他十分敏锐 安静的人通常如此
He's very perceptive, you know. Quiet people often are.
然后他使人们做他们并不想做的事
..and then make them do things they did not want to -
以避免终身受人嘲笑
compensation for a lifetime of derision.
这种权力感逐渐发展成了一种
This sense of power gradually developed
对间接暴♥力♥的病态癖好
into a morbid taste for violence at second-hand,
很快又变成了一种痴迷
which soon turned into an obsession.
我们斯文的诺顿其实是一个
Our gentle Norton was in fact
耽于痛苦和精神折磨的施虐狂
a sadist addicted to pain and mental torture.
记得你第一晚玩桥牌时他说的话吗
Remember the remarks he made that first evening you played bridge?
看他这样被欺负真叫我恼火
It gets my back up to see him b-bullied like that.
小点声
Keep it down.
诺顿是故意让他听见的
Norton meant him to hear.
不过就算想反抗 他也无能为力
Couldn't assert himself if he tried.
有时成功 有时失败
Sometimes successful, sometimes not,
就像毒品一样 时刻让他着迷
it was a drug he constantly craved.
没有动机 没有迹象 没有证据
No motive, no evidence, no proof.
仅仅是出于邪恶
Simply evil for the sake of it.
一个永不能被定罪的罪犯
A criminal who could never be convicted of his crimes.
你现在应该知道了
You will have realised by now that
富兰克林和朱蒂丝才是两情相悦的
Franklin was in love with Judith and she with him.
但富兰克林夫人在世时
But with Madame Franklin alive,
朱蒂丝很痛苦
life was very difficult for Judith,
而诺顿完全知道风是怎么刮的
and Norton knew exactly how the wind lay.
他很聪明地利用了无用的生命这个话题
He played most cleverly on the theme of useless lives.
我对待生命并不像你们那么神圣
I don't hold life as sacred as you people do.
病弱的生命 无用的生命 都应该被除掉
Unfit lives, useless lives - they should be got out of the way.
轻微地嘲讽她不会有胆量
And gently ridiculed the idea
根据她的观点 来采取果断的行动
that she would ever have the nerve to take decisive action.
说的粗俗些 有人有这个胆量吗
Does one have the g-guts, to put it vulgarly?
而且 黑斯廷斯小姐 我不认为你有
And you see, Miss Hastings, I don't believe you have.
但是对于一个杀人狂来说
But with a murder addict,
光在一处煽风点火是不够的
one iron in the fire, it is not enough.
他到处寻找可以利用的机会
He sees opportunities for pleasure everywhere,
而且在你身上也找到了一个 我的朋友
and found one in you, mon ami.
他发现了你所有的弱点
He discovered every weak spot
来激化你对阿勒顿少校的厌恶
to exacerbate your profound dislike of Major Allerton.
对于年轻的女士
When it comes to young women,
阿勒顿总有特殊的能力来讨她们欢心
Allerton has rather a special t-technique in that line.
然后你看到了阿勒顿和朱蒂丝拥吻
Then you saw Allerton and Judith kiss.
你不能去
You can't.
诺顿拉走了你
Norton hauled you away
于是你没有看到后来发生了什么
so that you did not see what followed.
你去了暖房♥
You went to the glass house and
以为你听到了阿勒顿和朱蒂丝的谈话
thought you heard Allerton talking to Judith.
然后从伦敦发电报 说你赶不回来
Wire from London that you can't make it back
我们就在我的公♥寓♥里享受令人陶醉的晚餐
and then we'll have a charming little dinner at my flat.
但你没看到她 甚至也没听到她说话
Yet you did not see her or even hear her speak.
诺顿确保了这一点
Norton made sure of that,
因为如果你听到了
for if you had, you would have discovered
你就不会对朱蒂丝那天去伦敦的事有疑问
that there had never been any question of Judith going to London that day.
和他有私情的是克拉文护士
It was Nurse Craven with whom he was having the affair.
但你一头栽进了诺顿的陷阱里
But you fell headlong into the trap of Norton
还萌生了谋杀的念头
and made up your mind to murder.
那晚我听到你上楼来
I heard you come up that evening
已经准备实施你的想法
and was already exercised about your state of mind.
所以当我听到你在走廊
So when I heard you in the corridor...
并走进阿勒顿的卧室时
and go into the bathroom of Allerton,
我溜出了我的房♥间
I slipped out of my room.
溜出了你的房♥间?
Slipped out of your room?
但是...
But...
"怎么做到的" 我听到你问
"How?" I hear you say.
黑斯廷斯 我并没丧失这个能力
You see, Hastings, I was not helpless at all.
什么
What?
你觉得我为什么要打发走乔治呢
Why do you think I sent George away?
因为我骗不过他
Because I could not have fooled him into believing
我突然丧失行动能力了
that I had suddenly lost the use ofcmy limbs.
我听到你进了阿勒顿的卧室
I heard you in the bathroom of Allerton
敏捷地 用你强烈谴责的方式
and promptly, in the manner you so much deplore,
跪了下来
dropped to my knees.
我意识到了你将要做什么 我做了准备
I realised what you were up to, made my preparations...
让柯蒂斯来找你
..and sent Curtis to fetch you.
很抱歉 老伙计 我有些头疼
I'm awfully sorry, old boy. I've got a blinder of a headache.
于是我给了你一杯热可可
So I gave to you the hot chocolate.
它可以舒缓你的神经 明白吗
It nourishes the nerves. You comprehend?
喝吧 喝吧
Drink, drink.
但是我的朋友 我还放了些安♥眠♥药♥在里面
But I also, mon ami, have sleeping pills.
不 不 把剩下的都喝完
No, no, no, every last drop.
等你第二天早上醒来的时候 你又恢复了本性
When you awoke the next morning, you were your own self again,
为你差点要做的事情感到后怕
horrified at what you had nearly done.
但这使我下了决心 黑斯廷斯
But it decided me, Hastings.
你不是个杀人犯
You are not a murderer,
但可能会因为一个杀人犯而被绞死
but might have been hanged for one.
我知道我不能再拖了 必须有所行动
I knew that I must act and could put it off no longer,
但在我行动之前 芭芭拉·富兰克林死了
but before I was able to, Barbara Franklin died,
我觉得你不曾怀疑过这件事的真♥相♥
and I do not think that you have once suspected the truth.
因为黑斯廷斯 是你杀了她
For you see, Hastings, you killed her.
- 我杀了她? - 对 我的朋友 就是你
- I killed her? - Oui, mon ami, you did.
因为在这个三角关系中 还有另一角
There was, you see, yet another angle to the triangle,
我没有考虑进去
one that I had not fully taken into account.
为什么富兰克林夫人愿意来斯泰尔庄园
why Madame Franklin was willing to come to Styles?
她喜欢舒适的生活
She enjoys the good life,
你可曾想过
Did it ever enter your mind
但却坚持住在一家民宿里
yet insisted on staying in a guest house,
我肯定诺顿知道为什么
and I have no doubt that Norton knew why.
- 你们好 伙计们 - 波伊德·卡灵顿
- Hello, you chaps! - Boyd Carrington.
富兰克林夫人很失望
Madame Franklin was a disappointed woman.
她本以为富兰克林医生会有出色的事业
She had expected Dr Franklin to have a brilliant career...
我们得去... 失陪了
There was something we had to... Do excuse me.
而不是关起门来做难懂的实验
..not shut himself away in esoteric research.
而波伊德·卡灵顿 富有 气派
And here is Boyd Carrington, rich and aristocratic,
在她年轻时差点向她求婚
who had nearly asked to marry her when she was a girl,
现在仍在追求她
still paying court.
所以唯一的办法 就是让他丈夫死
So the only way was for her husband to die,
而诺顿发现她是个很好的工具
and Norton had found her only too ready a tool.
这些搞科学的人对他们的工作如此痴迷
These scientist chaps can get quite obsessive about their work.
这很明显
It was so obvious -
她对这种赞赏的反感
her protestations of admiration,
还有她对她丈夫的恐惧
then her fears for her husband.
他研究的东西让我很不安
But it makes me nervous the lengths to which he might go.
具体是什么呢 夫人
What exactly do you mean, madame?
就是那个可怕的卡拉巴豆
Well, this horrible Calabar bean thing.
我很害怕他会拿自己做实验
I'm so afraid he's going to start experimenting on himself.
但当她看到克拉文护士
But when she saw Nurse Craven
给波伊德·卡灵顿看手相时 她很惊恐
reading the palm of Boyd Carrington, she had a fright.
她知道他会受到迷人女士的魅力影响
She knew he would be susceptible to the charms of an attractive woman
有可能克拉文护士最后会取代她
and perhaps Nurse Craven might end up
成为波伊德·卡灵顿的女人
as Lady Boyd Carrington instead of her.
所以她决定要快点采取行动
So she decided to act quickly.
她邀请我们都去她的房♥间喝咖啡
She invites us all up to her room for coffee.
她的杯子在她旁边 她丈夫的在另一边
Her cup is beside her and that of her husband is on the other side.
看 流星
Look, a shooting star!
然后所有人都去看流星了
Then everyone goes to watch the shooting stars
除了你 我的朋友
except you, mon ami,
和你的字谜与回忆留在了房♥间里
left with your crossword and your memories.
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表