He bites his own backside mainly.
算不上聪明
Not exactly clever.
请回想一下
And please to recollect,
和拉文斯克罗夫特夫妇住在一起的狗
the dog that lived with the General and Lady Ravenscroft,
它咬人吗?
did it bite?
真有趣 你提到了这个 先生
It's a funny thing you mentioned that, sir.
管家说这条狗几天前
The housekeeper said the dog had turned on its mistress
攻击过女主人
a couple of days before.
我们给拉文斯克罗夫特女士验尸时
And sure enough, when we did the autopsy on Lady Ravenscroft,
她身上有一两个星期前被狗咬过的痕迹
there's a couple of dog bite marks maybe a week or two old.
这么说那条狗很聪明 嗯?
So that dog, it was clever, huh?
谢谢
Merci.
出租车!
Taxi!
你这么急着去哪里?
Where are you off to in such a hurry?
巴黎! 先去白港大厦
Paris! Whitehaven Mansions
然后去维多利亚车站坐船运火车!
and then Victoria station for the boat train!
- 快! - 好的 先生
- Vite! - Right you are, guvnor.
我马上就来招待你 先生
I will be with you in one moment, monsieur.
谢谢
Merci.
赫尔克里·波罗
Hercules Poirot.
我有荣幸和兹利·罗塞尔小姐谈话吗?
Do I have the honour to address Mademoiselle Zelie Rouxelle?
正如我在电报中告诉你的
As I said to you in my telegram,
我想问一下拉文斯克罗夫特夫妇的事
I wish to ask you about the General and the Lady Ravenscroft.
我相信是他们雇佣了你
I believe that you are employed by them.
是的 我是西莉亚的寄住人
Yes. I was an au pair for Celia.
你也认识德斯蒙德吧? 德斯蒙德·考克斯?
You knew also the boy Desmond. Desmond Burton-Cox.
是的 我们还有联♥系♥
Yes, we still correspond.
但我想 你们是秘密联♥系♥的
But you do so in secret, I think.
他的妈妈不同意
His mother disapproves.
没有什么好不同意的 我们只是朋友
There is nothing of which to disapprove. We are friends.
他和西莉亚打算结婚了
He and Celia intend to marry.
他告诉我了 我很为他们高兴
He has told me. I am pleased for them.
但他们遇到了困难
But difficulties are being put in their way.
德斯蒙德的家人要求西莉亚小姐
Mademoiselle Celia is being asked to tell to the Desmond family
说清楚崖顶到底发生了什么事
exactly what happened at Overcliff.
- 已经过去十三年了 - 但她做不到
- It is now since 13 years. - But she cannot do that.
因为她什么都不知道
For she does not know.
我们觉得最好什么都不告诉她
It was thought advisable to tell her nothing.
她接受了 她太小了 理解不了
She accepted it. She was too young to understand.
她现在已经长大了 能够理解了
She is old enough now to understand.
但有什么好理解的 先生?
But what is there to understand, monsieur?
那是一场双重自杀
It was a double suicide.
你不觉得这很可疑吗?
And you have found no reason to doubt that?
警♥察♥都没发现有什么可疑的
The police found no reason to doubt it.
这么说你没什么可以告诉我的 罗塞尔小姐?
So there is nothing more you can tell to me, Mademoiselle Rouxelle?
恐怕没有
I fear I cannot.
那已经是很久之前的事了
It was a very long time ago.
他们死前 你在崖顶住了多久?
For how long were you living at Overcliff before their deaths?
- 两个月 - 拉文斯克罗夫特女士的妹妹
- For two months. - And the sister of Lady Ravenscroft,
多萝西娅·贾罗 她那时也住在那里 是吗?
Dorothea Jarrow, she was also living there at this time, was she not?
你到底知道多少?
How much do you know?
事情该结束了 你懂的
It has to end. You understand that.
是的
Yeah.
事情总会结束的
It always ends.
抱歉 亲爱的
I'm so sorry, my darling.
你这样的人总会觉得抱歉
Guys like you are always sorry.
但你猜怎么样 我会没事的
But guess what. I'll be OK.
- 要我帮忙吗? - 是的 谢谢
- May I help you? - Yes, thank you.
我就在想你能不能帮忙
I wonder if you can.
我想看看你们的卷宗里有没有
I wanted to see if there was anything in your files
和多萝西娅·贾罗的治疗有关的消息
pertaining to the treatment of Dorothea Jarrow.
我能问一下这和你有什么关系吗?
Can I ask what business this is of yours?
她是我姑妈 我是西莉亚·拉文斯克罗夫特
She was my aunt. I'm Celia Ravenscroft.
- 我觉得有奇怪的事情发生 - 好的
- I think something funny is going on. - Sure.
好的 我们何不看一下呢?
OK. Why don't we take a look?
多萝西娅·贾罗在接受精神病治疗
Dorothea Jarrow had been treated for the mental illness.
但病情有所好转 不是吗?
But had shown some improvement, n'est-ce pas?
是的
Yes.
她能在一个正常的家庭里
And it was so beneficial for her
度过一段时间对她很有好处
to spend some time in a normal family home.
多萝西娅和玛格丽特很喜欢彼此?
And Dorothea and Margaret, they were fond of each other?
她俩有一种情结
There was a bond between them.
一种相互依靠 相互喜欢的情结
A bond of dependence and love.
她们在很多方面很相似
And in many ways, they were alike.
抱歉
Pardon.
但是对双胞胎来说
But in twins,
虽然她们相互喜欢...
although there is this bond of love...
但如果有东西打破了这种情结
..if something should occur to break it
感情就永远破裂了
then it is shattered forever.
噢 是的 我知道
Oh yes, I know.
爱 很容易转化成恨
And love, it may easily turn to hate.
恨一样曾喜欢过的东西
And it is easier to hate what you have once loved
比无视它容易多了
than to remain indifferent.
你有过这种经验吗?
Do you speak from experience?
跟我说说多萝西娅·贾罗
Tell to me about Dorothea Jarrow.
她处于极大的压力中
She lived in a state of terrible strain.
她接受了一些先进的治疗
She had had some advanced therapy.
但好像没什么效果
But it seemed not to do much good.
她从没开心过
She was never happy.
而且她非常讨厌孩子
And she had a great aversion to children.
是啊 那导致了最严重的意外 不是吗?
Oui. And that led to incidents most serious, n'est-ce pas?
我听说了她早期遇到了什么事
I heard what happened in her early life.
我听说了印度发生的事
I heard what happened in India.
我没有那件事的第一手消息
I have no first-hand knowledge of that.
不 但有些事
No, but there are events of which
你有第一手资料
you do have the first-hand knowledge.
当事情被人接受时
Isn't it better to leave things
将之遗忘不是更好吗?
when at least they have been accepted?
小姐 那天在崖顶发生的事
Mademoiselle, what happened on that day at Overcliff,
可能是双重自杀 可能是谋杀
it could have been a double suicide, it could have been a murder,
也有可能有很多其它的可能
it could have been... one of a number of possibilities.
但从你刚才说的话 从那一句话中
But from what you have just said, from that one little sentence,
我认为你知道那天发生了什么事
I consider that you know what happened on that day.
你也知道几星期前发生了什么事
And you know what happened in the weeks before.
我什么都不能告诉你
I cannot tell you anything.
抱歉
I'm sorry.
还有其他人在崖顶吗?
Was there someone else at Overcliff?
某个警♥察♥都不知道的人?
Someone of whom the police know nothing?
没有
No.
我觉得你在撒谎
I think that you lie.
拉文斯克罗夫特上将一开始爱的是多萝西娅
The General Ravenscroft was at first in love with Dorothea.
然后他的感情变了
Then his affections, they change.
他娶了她的双胞胎姐姐玛格丽特
And he marries her twin sister Margaret.
小姐 你觉得这对多萝西娅会造成什么影响?
Mademoiselle. What do you suppose that that has done to Dorothea?
我想那会毁了她的 先生
I suppose that it has destroyed her, monsieur.
而上将 他也意识到了?
And the general, he has realised.
是的 他知道了
Yes. He knew.
他有一副好心肠
He had a good heart.
我想 你也爱上了他
And you were also in love with him, I think.
你不能这样和我说话
You may not speak to me like that.
不不 小姐 我不是说你有私情
No, no, mademoiselle. I do not say that you had a love affair.
我只是说你爱过他
I say only that you loved him.
一个人可以爱上别人 为他服务
One can love and serve
仍然感到开心
and still be happy.
即使她的爱得不到回报
Even if one is not loved in return.
你确实为他服务 小姐
You did serve him, mademoiselle.
他在他人生最大的危机里 忠心为他服务
You served him loyally in the great crisis of his life.
小姐 告诉我发生了什么事
Mademoiselle, Tell to me what happened.
我知道你知道
I know that you know.
你向警♥察♥撒谎 你只懂一点英语
You pretended to the police that you had only the little English.
然后你马上离开了崖顶
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表