I see.
他很风趣 虽然谈不上品行端正
Funny chap, but good company...
但有时候也算谈得来
in small doses.
睡个好觉
Sleep well.
这是卡拉巴豆 又叫做毒扁豆
This is the Calabar bean. Physostigma venenosum.
我最近在用它里面提取出来的
I've been experimenting with various
各种生物碱做实验
alkaloids derived from it.
话说 波罗 这种东西真的更合你的胃口
You know, Poirot, this stuff's really more up your street than mine.
为什么 我的朋友
How is that, mon ami?
因为它还叫做"考验豆"
Well, you see, it's also called the ordeal bean,
可以被用来证明是否清白
supposed to prove innocence or guilt.
你不喜欢老鼠吗 父亲
Don't you like rats, father?
我肯定不喜欢阿勒顿
I certainly don't like Allerton.
原来是这样
So that's it.
我想你也不会喜欢他吧
And I suspect you don't either.
我为什么不能喜欢他
Why shouldn't I like him?
他不是你喜欢的类型
He's not your type.
那我喜欢什么类型
And what is my type?
你根本不知道 是吧
You have no idea, have you?
实际上 我觉得他很有趣
Well, as it happens, I find him most amusing.
确实有趣
Amusing, yes.
并且很迷人 任何女人都会喜欢他
And very attractive. Any woman would.
- 问题就出在这里 - 别闹了 父亲
- That's the trouble. - Really, father!
你昨晚和他在外面呆到很晚
You were out with him very late last night.
- 这和你有什么关系 - 这真是有趣
- What has that to do with you? - This is most interesting.
如果真能这么轻易地检验出
I would find it a great help
有罪或者无辜 我就轻松多了
if I could test so easily the guilt or innocence.
不过之后的问题就是
Then you have to ask,
究竟怎么才算有罪或无辜呢
what is guilt or innocence?
要我说这很明显
Pretty obvious, I'd say.
要杀人的话就会感觉到自己有罪
One would always feel guilt when it comes to murder.
你这么认为吗 外面有很多人我都想杀掉
You think so? There are lots of people I'd like to kill
而我的良心不会受到什么谴责
without my conscience being too much troubled.
我不喜欢小题大做
I do so hate making a fuss.
我有时候觉得
I sometimes think...
如果一个人病了 就应该安静地离去
if one isn't healthy, one should be quietly put away.
天呐 这样可不好 夫人
God, no, madame.
瞧瞧我 腿都跛了
Look at me, all cramped and twisted,
动也动不了
not able to move,
但我却没想过放弃生命
yet I do not think of quitting.
我仍尽力享受生活
I enjoy still what I can.
但你只需要考虑自己
But you have only yourself to consider.
而我还有可怜的约翰呢
In my case, there's poor John.
我觉得自己就像拖累他的包袱
I feel such a millstone round his neck.
但我肯定他从没这么说过
But I'm sure he's never said such a thing.
这些科学家有时会非常沉迷于他们的工作
These scientist chaps can get quite obsessive about their work.
完全正确 有时候 波罗先生
Absolutely. Sometimes, Monsieur Poirot,
我觉得我能听见那些可怜的小生物
I think I can hear the poor little creatures
在夜晚的尖叫声
screaming in the night.
真是很可怕
Perfectly horrid.
斯蒂文和我在这件事情上意见一致
Stephen and I are as one on this.
我有时会非常沮丧
I can get so terribly depressed
甚至会想 如果能够结束这一切才真是解脱
that I think what a relief it would be to end it all.
得了吧 女士
Oh, come, madame.
但是我对别人有什么用呢
But what use am I to anybody?
踏进神秘的未知之地
Oh, to step into the Great Unknown -
然后约翰就会自♥由♥了
and then John would be free.
我去帮你拿麦芽牛奶
I'll fetch your malted milk.
我和你一起走 黑斯廷斯
I will come with you. Hastings!
夫人先生 再会
Madame, monsieur.
你还好吗 老兄
All right, old chap?
是的 我需要休息一下
Yes, I need to rest.
我想你在一战时来过这里
I gather you were here in the first war.
是的 在1916年 我来这里修养
Yes, in 1916. I came here to convalesce.
我就是在那时遇见的波罗
That's when I met Poirot.
- 是不是有位老妇人被谋杀了 - 是的
- Didn't an old lady get murdered? - Oui.
我曾经在一个家庭里服侍
I was once in a house
那里有过一件谋杀案
where there was a murder.
她也是一位老妇人 我的一个病人
She was an old lady too - one of my patients.
那个案件不会就是关于夏尔普小姐的吧
It was not by any chance the case of Miss Sharples, was it?
实际上 是的
Yes, it was, actually.
她的侄子弗雷达·克莱被控诉对她下毒
Her niece Freda Clay was accused of her poisoning
但是证据不足 无法起诉
but there was evidence insufficient to prosecute.
你是怎么知道的
How did you know?
我的工作就是要知道这些事情 克拉文护士
Oh, it is my job to know, Nurse Craven.
他总是能明察秋毫
He doesn't miss a trick.
该死的鸽子 它们会造成许多损害
Blasted pigeons. They do a lot of damage, you know.
托比一直是个好射手
Toby's always been a fine shot.
我曾经是的
Oh... I used to be.
我过去在印度时
You know, I often used to think of evenings
常常想象这样的黄昏
like this back in India,
但事实和想象的差别很大
but nothing's ever quite as you picture it.
不知道为什么 我忽然很渴
I don't know why, but I've got quite a thirst on.
我请你们喝一杯吧 怎么样
Oh. Why don't you have a drink on the house? What d'you say?
好主意
Splendid idea!
- 你去过热带吗 诺顿 - 没 没有
- Have you done the tropics, Norton? - No. No, er...
我 我们...我母亲不让我离开
W-W... My hands were t-tied with mother.
你还好吗 伙计
You all right, old chap?
我受 受不了 了血
Can't s-s-st-stand b-blood.
你会习惯的
You'll get used to it.
没什么比猎获几只鸟
Nothing like bagging a few birds
打几只兔子更有趣了 是吧 黑斯廷斯
and blasting the odd bunny, eh, Hastings?
真是有意思
Darn good fun.
你到底在做什么 托比
What on earth are you doing, Toby?
我只是想给朋友们喝一杯
I just thought I'd give the fellows a snifter.
你不能这么做
You'll do no such thing!
- 把那个瓶子给我 - 黛西
- Give that bottle to me! - Daisy...
如果你再请别人喝酒
How do you think we'll ever
这生意我们还怎么做下去
make this place pay if you keep standing people drinks?
他们只是老朋友 黛西
They're old friends, Daisy.
锁起来 就应该这么做
Locked up! That's the way of it.
我不能容许这样
I won't have it.
你不容许 你是谁啊 我倒是想知道
You won't? Who are you, I'd like to know?
我 我非常抱歉 伙计们
I'm... I'm awfully sorry, you chaps.
我们...
We...
威士忌好像喝完了
We seem to have run out of whisky.
反正我也没有那么渴
Do you know, I'm not that thirsty, anyway.
我们马上就要用晚餐了
We'll soon be having dinner.
晚餐 是的
Oh, dinner, yes.
别担心 托比老兄 我们没事的
Don't worry, Toby, old chap. We'll live.
好了 先活动活动腿脚
Right. Stretch the old pins before mess call.
- 他这家伙挺棒 对吗 - 对
- Splendid chap, isn't he? - Yes.
不管他做什么 总是很成功
Whatever he turns his hand to, always makes a success of it.
有的人总是非常幸运
Some chaps have all the luck.
他现在就少一个妻子了
All he needs now is a wife.
只要她不欺负他就行
So long as she doesn't b-bully him.
他不会被欺负的
He won't get bullied.
他不会允许自己被欺负
He wouldn't let himself.
- 那有只该死的兔子 - 有吗
- There's a damned rabbit! - Is there?
在那里咬树皮 我早该把这个地方圈起来
Nibbling at the bark. I thought I'd wired the place.
我的天啊
My God!
去叫富兰克林
Get Franklin!
没事的 勒特雷尔夫人
It's all right, Mrs Luttrell.
没事的 没事
It's all right. That's it.
会好的
It's fine.
富兰克林正在给黛西治疗 她会没事的
Franklin's seeing Daisy. She's going to be fine.
你认为他是故意的吗
Do you think he did it on purpose?
我曾这么想过 但看到他们在一起之后
Well, I did until I saw them together.
我现在不确定了
Now I'm not so sure.
可怜的老勒特雷尔
Poor old Luttrell.
我想黛西是个好人 但一个人是有极限的
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表