Must have been someone quite strong, or more than one person,
才能操控教授进入那个装置
to have manipulated the professor into the contraption.
要么是那样 要么是他自愿进去的
Either that or he got into it voluntarily.
他为什么要那么做?
Why on earth would he do so?
我不知道
Je ne sais pas.
但是看来像是有人给了他
But it seems as though someone is giving him back
一点他自己的药
a soupcon of his own medicine.
他将近二十年没用过的药
Medicine he hasn't used in nigh on 20 years.
你认为是心有不满的病人?
You think it's a patient with a grievance?
有可能
It's possible.
西莉亚 亲爱的 我们在彩排呢
Celia, darling, we're rehearsing.
我们需要谈谈
We need to talk.
我只预订这个房♥间一小时 你能晚点过来吗?
I've only got this room booked for an hour. Can you come back?
你好 你是比尔警督 是吗?
Hello. Inspector Beale, isn't it?
晚上好 奥利弗太太 你还好吗?
Good evening, Mrs Oliver. Are you well?
我要疯了 我花了一整天时间
I'm absolutely jiggered. I've spent all day
开车在苏塞克斯打转 追逐大象
driving round Sussex chasing elephants.
好吧 呃...祝你好运
Right. Well... Good luck.
不不 你一定认为我是个傻子
No, no, you must think me a complete ninny.
我不是说真的大象 我指的是证人
I don't mean real elephants. I mean people elephants.
我想看看有没有人记得
I'm trying to find out if anyone can recall
拉文斯克罗夫特案子的事
anything of the Ravenscroft case.
伊斯特本 悬崖顶上的夫妇
Eastbourne. The couple on the clifftops.
这案子很曲折 不是吗?
That was a curly one. Wasn't it?
现在仍然是
Still is.
我认识负责这个案子的警官
I know the officer on the case.
比尔·加洛韦 现在退休了
Bill Garroway. Retired now.
能给我他的电♥话♥吗?
May I have his number?
我应该记在这里了
I should have it here somewhere.
西莉亚?
Celia?
噢!
Ohh!
你还好吗?
Are you all right?
噢! 很好 特浓黑咖啡 正是我需要的
Oh! Good, strong black coffee. Just what I need.
谢谢 女士
Merci, madame.
这些是我问过的所有人
These are all the people I interviewed.
我把所有相关的事都写下来了
I wrote down everything that seemed pertinent.
但完全是一团乱
But it's such a muddle.
大家主要的看法是
The principal suggestions are these.
拉文斯克罗夫特上将
That General Ravenscroft
在写他在印度的回忆录
was writing his memoir of his India days.
他被他的秘书
And that he was smitten with a young woman
一位年轻的女士迷住了
who acted as his secretary.
结果就是他枪杀了他的妻子
The result being that he shot his wife
因为他想娶那个女孩
because he hoped to marry the girl.
但后来被他自己做的事吓坏了
But then was horror-stricken by what he had done.
他自杀了
And shot himself.
或者是玛格丽特发现了他的私情
Or Margaret discovered the affair.
然后枪杀了他
And then shot him.
然后自杀了
And then herself.
噢 玛格丽特一直在生病
Oh, and Margaret had been ill.
可能是癌症
Possibly cancer.
她的头发好像掉光了
It appears her hair had fallen out.
因为她有几顶假发
Because she had several wigs.
这里说...她有四顶假发
It says here... she had four wigs.
四顶
Four.
你怎么看 女士?
What do you think, madame?
你不觉得这有点太多了吗?
Do you think that seems a little excessive?
是的 你也许有一顶
I do really. You might have one,
再有另一顶用来替换
and an extra one for when you sent the other to be dressed.
但她为什么要四顶呢?
But why did she have four?
- 我没有任何进展 是吗? - 是的
- I haven't got anywhere, have I? - Mais bien.
我认为这会一直是个谜 女士
I think it will always remain a mystery, madame.
我现在要去思考
And now I must set myself to consider
威洛比教授一案了
the case of Professor Willoughby.
- 祝你晚安 - 我还去见了保姆
- I bid you good night. - I even went to see my old nanny.
她在印度认识了拉文斯克罗夫特夫妇
She knew the Ravenscrofts in India.
她确定这个家庭有精神问题
She was sure there was a mental case in the family.
他们其中一个 保姆不确定是谁 精神不稳定
One of them - Nanny wasn't sure which - was unstable.
- 谁其中一个? - 姐♥妹♥们♥其中一个
- One of whom? - One of the sisters.
- 姐妹? - 玛格丽特有个妹妹
- The sisters? - Margaret had a sister.
之前从未听说过她
Never heard of her before.
她没有去玛格丽特的婚礼
She wasn't at Margaret's wedding.
这件事本身就很奇怪 不是吗?
That's odd in itself, isn't it?
继续说 女士
Continuer de parler, madame.
她在疯人院待了几年
She was in an asylum for years.
好像是她会杀孩子
It seems possible that she'd killed children.
甚至 可能是她自己的孩子
Even, perhaps, her own children.
然后她接受了治疗
Then she'd had treatment.
然后她痊愈了 或假释了 或被释放了
Then she was cured. Or paroled. Or released, at any rate.
她去印度找玛格丽特 在那里出了另一场意外
She went out to Margaret in India, where there was another incident.
又是和孩子有关 事情被遮掩过去了
Again connected with children. Which was hushed up.
这能解释伯顿·考克斯太太的担心吗?
But might that explain what's worrying Mrs Burton-Cox?
- 家族里的神经病史 - 不不
- Insanity in the family. - Non, non.
不 女士 这只是猜测
No, madame, that is conjecture merely.
你在苏塞克斯发现的只是
What you discovered in Sussex was merely
镜像和烟 并不是真的
the mirrors and the smoke. Nothing real.
不 女士 能确定的是
No. Madame, what is certain
他们是一对深爱彼此
is that they were a couple who were devoted to each other
开心的住在一起的夫妇
and lived together happily.
那么为什么 在最美的一天的夜晚
So why, on the evening of the most beautiful day,
他们要一起去悬崖边散步
should they take a walk together along the cliffs,
还带上了枪和狗?
taking with them a revolver and a dog?
- 这和狗有什么关系? - 我不知道
- What's the dog got to do with it? - Je sais pas.
但你的大象们都提到了狗
But all of your elephants, they mentioned the dog.
是的
Yes.
告诉我他们说了什么
Tell to me something that was said.
有一个人说
One of the elephants said that
那条狗对拉文斯克罗夫特女士很忠心
the dog was devoted to Lady Ravenscroft.
另一个人说它咬过她
Another said that it bit her.
不不 这没什么
No, no. It is nothing.
只是一个人记得狗的事
Merely an elephant remembering a dog.
我帮不上忙了 女士 抱歉
I can help you no further, madame. Pardonnez-moi.
我叫德斯蒙德·伯顿·考克斯
My name is Desmond Burton-Cox.
是的 我听说过你妈妈的要求
Yes. I have heard of the enquiries of your mother.
先生 请简单说 如你所见 我很忙
Monsieur, please to be brief. As you can see, I am very busy.
我妈妈没有权利那样骚扰奥利弗太太
My mother had no right pestering Mrs Oliver like that.
我是不是要娶西莉亚跟她没关系
It's no concern of hers whether I marry Celia.
母亲们总是会担心
Mothers are always concerned.
她并不是我妈妈 我是领养的
She's not really my mother. I'm adopted.
你为什么来这里 先生?
Why are you here, monsieur?
有人今晚在音乐学院袭击我
Someone attacked me at the music school this evening.
- 你不知道是谁? - 不 我不知道
- And you do not know who it was. - No, I don't.
但是 呃 问题是
But eh, The point is,
我妈妈有一点...神经错乱
my mother's a little... unhinged.
我担心这是她找人做的
I fear she may have put someone up to it.
她为什么要这样做呢?
Why should she wish to do that?
当我还是孩子时
When I was a child,
她做了一些很可怕的事
let's just say she did some terrible things.
现在她想阻止我结婚
Now she wants to stop me getting married.
她想用可怕的谣言吓走西莉亚...
She's been trying to scare Celia with awful rumours...
你认识西莉亚小姐多久了 先生?
How long have you known Mademoiselle Celia, monsieur?
从小就认识
All my life.
我的老家在印度 和她一样
My people were in India, like hers.
我假期时寄住在萨福克 我们一起玩
I was boarded for the holidays in Suffolk. We played together.
但你妈妈为什么要阻止你结婚?
But why should your mother wish to stop you getting married?
因为她很小气 占有欲很强
Because she's mean, possessive.
如果你和她作对 她会报复
If you go against her, she's vindictive.
我十五岁的时候 她带我去见一个精神病医生
When I was 15, she took me to a psychiatrist.
为什么?
Pour quoi?
我对一个人产生了依恋 我不愿意放弃
I'd formed an attachment to someone and I wouldn't give it up.
我妈妈很生气 逼我去见威洛比医生
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表