我知道我不是个尽责的教母
I haven't been a very conscientious godmother, I know.
坚信礼:基♥督♥教教义 孩子十三岁受坚信礼
我不记得去过你的坚信礼
I don't remember coming to your confirmation.
- 我不记得我有过坚信礼 - 噢 天呐
- I don't remember having one. - Oh, dear.
但我二十一岁生日时 你送了一张可观的支票
But you sent a very nice cheque on my 21st birthday.
所以我认为你的责任尽到了
So I would say your duties are done.
但很奇怪 我今早在报纸上看到了你的照片
Bizarre, though. I saw your photo in the paper this morning.
年度最佳犯罪小说家 而我们现在在一起喝茶
Crime writer of the year. And now we're having tea.
是啊 是这样...一个女人来找我
Yes, well... You see, a woman came up and button-holed me.
她说"我相信你有一个
"She said 'I believe you have a god-daughter
叫西莉亚·拉文斯克罗夫特的教女"
named Celia Ravenscroft.'
噢 她是我的朋友之一吗?
Oh. Was she a friend of mine?
一位伯顿·考克斯太太 她说她认为
A Mrs Burton-Cox. She said she thought
你打算和她儿子结婚
you might be going to marry her son.
- 是道格拉斯吗? - 是德斯蒙德
- Douglas, is it? - Desmond.
德斯蒙德 德斯蒙德是做什么的?
Desmond. What does Desmond do?
他是个钢琴家
He's a pianist.
太棒了!
Splendid!
- 赚得多吗? - 噢 不多
- Making any money? - God, no.
他还在大学里 时不时有独奏会
He's still at the Academy. He gets a recital now and then.
成为音乐会的钢琴家需要很久
It takes quite a while to become a concert pianist.
呃 我不知道你知道了什么
Look, I... I don't know what you know.
但我很喜欢德斯蒙德 他也喜欢我
But I'm fond of Desmond. And he's fond of me.
但他妈妈则完全不同
But his mother is something else entirely.
她想怎么样?
What did she want?
她认为 既然你是我的教女
She thought that, since you were my godchild,
我也许能问你一些事情
I might be able to ask you something.
一些很微妙的事
Something quite delicate.
她一直说的是...
What she went on to say was...
"你能弄清是她父亲杀了她母亲
'Can you find out if her father murdered her mother
还是她母亲杀了她父亲吗?"
or her mother murdered her father?'
老天 她怎么敢这么说?!
For God's sake, how dare she?!
她真的这么说了?! 真是个禽兽!
She actually said that?! The beast!
她认为我也许知道点什么
She thought I might know something about it.
但是那个时候 我去美国做巡回演讲了
But at the time, I was on a lecture tour of America.
你当时...十四岁?
And you were... What, 14?
我当时十二岁
I was 12.
我和你妈妈是好朋友
I was good friends with your mother.
我们最后一起是在巴黎
We were finished together in Paris.
然后我结婚了 去了其他地方
But then I married and went somewhere
她也结婚了 去了其他地方
and she married and went somewhere.
然后你♥爸♥爸又去驻扎了
And then your father was posted again.
- 是在罗德西亚吗? - 是在印度
- Was it Rhodesia? - It was India.
但我被送去了英格兰的学校
But I was sent to school in England.
假期的时候 我住在萨福克的一户人家里
In the holidays, I boarded with a family in Suffolk.
爸爸妈妈退休到伊斯特本之前
I hardly saw Mummy and Daddy
我很少见到他们
until they retired to Eastbourne.
但事情发生时 你不在伊斯特本
But you weren't at Eastbourne when it...
不在 我在学校
No. I was away at school.
你能告诉我什么吗 阿里阿德涅?
What can you tell me, Ariadne?
你有什么内♥幕♥消息吗?
Have you got any inside knowledge?
不 亲爱的 我没有
No, my dear. I haven't.
我知道的都是报纸上看来的
I know only what I read in the papers.
没有明显的动机
No obvious motive.
没有争吵的迹象 没有受到外部袭击的证据
No sign of a quarrel. No evidence of attack from outside.
没有人知道
Nobody knows.
就是这样 没人知道
That's just it. Nobody knows.
我还小的时候 其他人都把这事瞒着我
I was shielded from it when I was young.
但我经常想起这件事
But I think of it constantly.
拜托了 请你查清发生了什么事
Please, please find out what happened.
不是为了伯顿·考克斯太太 为了我
Not for Mrs Burton-Cox. For me.
我一定要知道
I have to know.
你会帮我吗 阿里阿德涅?
Will you help me, Ariadne?
我必须帮西莉亚
I have to help Celia.
那个女孩有权利知道
The girl deserves to know.
但我拼了老命也不知道该怎么做!
Yet I can't, for the life of me, see what to do!
过了这么多年 还能发现什么呢?
How may one discover anything years afterwards?
我知道你很忙 但你能帮我调查这件事吗?
I know you're busy. But will you help me look into it?
很抱歉 女士
Je suis desole, madame.
我有一件很重要的事必须要做
I have an affair of consequence to which I must attend.
拉文斯克罗夫特的事已经过去了
The matter of the Ravenscrofts, it is in the past.
而我必须关注现在
And Poirot, he must march in the present.
只需把你的时间分一点给我
Give me one moment of your time.
我的朋友玛格丽特·拉文斯克罗夫特死得很惨
My friend Margaret Ravenscroft died a horrible death.
我必须找出原因
I have to find out why.
我应该怎么做?
What should I do?
好吧
Bien sur.
女士 你是怎么和我说的 嗯?
Madame, what have you told to me, hm?
一对从不吵架的夫妇 生活非常和睦
A husband and wife who never argue, who live in complete harmony.
谁听说过这样的事?
Whoever has heard of such a thing?!
有动机 肯定有动机
There was a motive. There is always a motive.
如果警♥察♥那个时候找不到动机
And if the police, they could not find this motive at the time,
那么这个动机...怎么说的来着?
then this motive, it is... How do you say?
很另类
It is... unorthodox.
答案就藏在过去
The answer, madame, lies in the past.
你必须深入调查过去
You must delve into the past.
你说他们住在伊斯特本附近?
You say they lived near to Eastbourne?
你在那里有熟人吗?
You have acquaintance there?
那就去吧! 快点! 快点!
Then go! Allez-y! Allez-y!
开着车到处问 做一个嗅觉敏锐的人
Drive about, ask the questions. Be the person with a nose.
噢 我知道了 会有人记得什么的
Oh, I see. Someone will remember something.
总会有人记得什么的
Always someone remembers something.
你是说大象(记忆力超强)
You mean elephants.
抱歉 我想的是昨天晚餐的大象
Sorry, I was thinking of elephants at that dinner last night.
我犹豫了一下 还是想问为什么
With hesitation, I ask why.
因为糖霜卡在我的牙缝里了
Because the meringue got stuck in my teeth.
我知道了 逻辑的小路 就在那里的某个地方
I see. The pathway of logic, it is there somewhere.
糖霜 假牙
Meringue, dentures.
象牙 大象
Ivory, elephants.
一定要找到大象
Must find the elephants.
大象会记得的
Elephants can remember.
那就去吧 开着车到处问
Then go. Drive about, ask the questions.
做一个嗅觉敏锐的人
Be the person with a nose.
如果一定要我说哪种更有可能
If I had to say which was most likely,
我会说是我父亲
I should say my father.
男人开枪杀人更有可能 不是吗?
It's more natural for a man to shoot someone, isn't it?
我认为我妈妈是不会开枪的
I don't think my mother would have fired a gun.
事情发生时 房♥子里还有谁?
Who else was in the house when it happened?
有一个老管家 她半瞎了 还有点聋
There was an old housekeeper. She was half blind and a bit deaf.
我姑妈有时也在
Sometimes there was my aunt.
还有一个外国女孩 一个寄宿女孩
And there was a foreign girl. An au pair girl.
我还小的时候 她是我的家庭教师
She'd be my governess when I was young.
她是来给身体不适的妈妈帮忙的
She'd come back to help Mummy, who'd been unwell.
阿里阿德涅!
Ariadne!
我就说嘛!
My word!
- 进来吧! - 谢谢
- Come in! - Thank you.
我们最后一次见面是在哪里?
Where did we last meet?
是卢埃林的婚礼吗?
The Llewellyn wedding, was it?
所有伴娘的头纱都是杏黄色的!
All the bridesmaids in a vile shade of apricot!
真有趣 一个人会记得这些事
Funny, the things one remembers.
伴娘!
Bridesmaids!
马
Geldings.
狗
Dogs.
还有其他人会忘记的事
Other things one forgets.
我前几天见到了我的教女
I saw my god-daughter the other day.
西莉亚·拉文斯克罗夫特
Celia Ravenscroft.
你还记得拉文斯克罗夫特夫妇吗?
Do you remember the Ravenscrofts?
拉文斯克罗夫特夫妇
The Ravenscrofts.
等一下 那真是一场悲剧 不是吗?
Wait a minute. That was that very sad tragedy, wasn't it?
是啊 离这里不远
Yes. It wasn't far from here.
我在苏塞克斯从未听说过他们
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表