剧集 | 与摩根·弗里曼一起穿越虫洞(2010) | 导航列表
是固定的是上帝赋予的
as fixed, just God-given.
它就在那里
It's just there.
但在极小的尺度上又是怎么回事呢?
But what happens on very, very small scales?
我们发现的故事全然不同
And there's the story we find is totally different.
空间似乎具有越来越小的维度
The space appears to have a smaller and smaller dimension
伴随着你在越来越小的尺度上去探索它
as you explore it on smaller and smaller scales.
其他科学家并不相信
Other scientists are not convinced
雷娜塔的一维宇宙是正确的
Renate's one-dimensional Universe is correct.
他们的赌注都押在了
Their bets are hedged on a Universe
宇宙具有许多额外维度上
with many extra dimensions.
真♥相♥依然扑朔迷离
The truth is still elusive.
不过它已不是遥不可及
But it's not out of reach.
这个问题我们确实想要解决
It's a problem we really want to solve.
我们确实认为必须得有个答案
We really think there has to be an answer --
确实告诉我们东西必须存在
really tells us that something has to be there,
它能够告诉我们
and it could tell us
存在有某些怪异的基本物质
that there's some really exotic, underlying matter
或物理学或力量是我们尚未想到过的
or physics or forces that we haven't thought about yet.
最后就是某种理论
In the end, there is, you know, some theory.
有某种简单优雅的理论出现
There's some simple, elegant theory out there
来阐述整个大自然我们所看到的一切
that accounts for all of nature, for everything we see,
我们觉得我们能够与其非常密切
and we feel like we could be very, very close to it.
所以一旦你有了骇人的问题
So when you have shocking questions,
有时就会需要骇人的想法和答案
it takes sometimes shocking ideas and answers
努力让你去拥抱它
to try to put your arms around this.
是九个维度呢还是只有一个呢?
Are there nine dimensions or only one?
这个隐匿的空间是弯曲或是卷曲在小小的循环里么?
Is this hidden space warped or curled up in tiny loops?
我们尚不知晓
We don't know yet.
不过我们始终能够确定一件事
But we can be evermore sure of one thing.
我们认为我们所在的三维世界
The three-dimensional world we thought we lived in
是我们唯一能看到的
is only what we see.
现实几乎肯定要陌生得多
Reality is almost certainly a lot stranger.
剧集 | 与摩根·弗里曼一起穿越虫洞(2010) | 导航列表