Why else would she do it?
那她为什么这样做
She's clearly in love with him.
她显然爱上他了
You spent all of five minutes with them.
你才和他们相处了五分钟
How do you know that?
怎么就知道是那样
Nothing else would explain it.
没有别的解释了
Maybe he values her open mind.
也许他很珍视她开放的想法
Maybe she challenges his B.S.
也许她质疑他的胡扯
Special Agent Miller speaking.
我是米勒探员
Agent Miller, this is Agent Scully.
米勒探员 我是史考莉探员
One second. I'll meet you on the plane.
等等 我们飞机上见
...Westboro Church,
韦斯特博罗教堂
the best representative of all Christians!
是基♥督♥教♥徒♥最好的代表
You might wonder why I'm calling.
你可能奇怪我为什么给你打电♥话♥
No. Uh, well, actually, yeah.
不奇怪 确实有点奇怪
I was thinking about your case, and I have an idea
我刚才在想你的案子 我有个主意
that might help you communicate with your terrorist.
也许能帮你和恐♥怖♥分♥子♥交流
That is good news. What is it?
真是好消息 是什么主意
There's something i'd like to try.
我想试一个方法
But I need to meet you in Texas.
但我需要在得克萨斯和你碰面
Okay. Yeah. That sounds great.
好 听起来不错
Special Agent Einstein speaking.
我是特别探员爱因斯坦
Agent Einstein, it's Agent Mulder.
爱因斯坦探员 我是穆德探员
You must wonder why I'm calling.
你一定很奇怪我为什么给你打电♥话♥
No. I'm completely baffled.
不是奇怪 我是完全晕了
I have an idea
我有个主意
of how you might communicate with your terrorist.
也许能让你和恐♥怖♥分♥子♥交流
I think it's Special Agent Miller you're looking for.
我觉得你应该去找米勒探员
No, no. I-I-I need to speak with you.
不不 我需要和你说
I got your number
我从沃尔特·斯金纳助理局长那里
from A.D. Walter Skinner,
要到你的号♥码
who sings your praises, by the way.
顺便提一句 他可是对你大加赞扬
Yes, I helped him with his migraines,
是的 我帮他缓解了偏头痛
which he claims are due to you.
他说那是你给他留下的毛病
In-in-in any case, I was hoping I might impose upon you
无论如何 我希望可以让你
to delay your trip out to Texas.
推迟去得州的行程
You can't just tell me now?
你不能现在跟我说吗
It requires some explanation. You do realize
需要详细解释 你知道
the clock is ticking on this case, quite literally.
这案子时间不多吧 真的不多
I think it could save lives.
我觉得这可能拯救很多人的性命
Say no more.
不用说了
I'm on my way.
我马上去找你
Where are you going?
你要去哪
I'm catching the crazy train.
赶趟疯狂列车
I'll see you down in Texas, Miller.
得州见 米勒
When did radical Muslims become a protected class in America?
什么时候极端穆♥斯♥林♥在美国变成受保护阶层了
When the Founding Fathers signed
国父们签署宪法的时候
the Constitution that's when. The same document that's supposed
就保护了 那部宪法
to protect my freedom of speech.
也保护我的言论自♥由♥
But not your freedom to hate! What is wrong with you?
但不保护你的仇恨他人的自♥由♥ 你怎么回事
It is not a freedom to hate!
这不是仇恨他人的自♥由♥
Why do you think these guys are acting this way?
你以为这些人为什么这么做
Why do you think that guy went up and shot five servicemen
你觉得查特努加市那人为什么要跑去
in Chattanooga? Because they loved him?
开枪杀五名军人 因为他们爱他吗
Because we treated him well?
因为他们对他好吗
Because we don't plaster their names as terrorists
因为我们没有在媒体上大肆宣扬
all over the media? No!
他们是恐♥怖♥分♥子♥吗 不是
Because we hate them.
是因为我们仇恨他们
We do not hate them. I will not...
我们不仇恨他们 我不会
Okay. No, we do not hate them. And I will not allow for that.
好 我们不恨他们 我也不允许那样
We are not going to continue to spread lies about a people...
我们不会继续散布关于特定人群的谎言
Ah, come in, Agent Einstein. Have a seat.
请进 爱因斯坦探员 请坐
I came here in good faith, Agent Mulder,
我是诚心前来的 穆德探员
but lives are at stake.
但时间紧迫人命关天
I'm all about that.
我就是要说这事
If there were another act of terror,
如果有其它恐怖袭击发生
and I'm in here listening
我却浪费时间在这里听什么
to some woo woo treatise on the paranormal,
关于超自然现象的神奇呜呜理论
I don't think I could forgive myself.
我觉得我没法原谅自己
I-I don't do woo woo.
我不说神奇呜呜
Okay, what's your big idea?
好 那你有什么好主意
How are we going to talk with this terrorist?
我们要怎么跟这个恐♥怖♥分♥子♥对话
Well, first, can we talk about
首先 我们能谈谈
the nature of reality, as you perceive it?
现实的本质吗 就你的理解
My reality is new chatter on the Internet
我的现实就是网上有留言称
about more suicide bombs.
可能会出现更多自杀式炸♥弹♥恐怖袭击
But do you believe that thoughts have mass?
但你认为思想有质量吗
That ideas such as faith and forgiveness have weight
比如信念或原谅这些想法有重量吗
much the same way this desk... has weight?
和这个桌子
Or any material, really.
或者其它物质一样具有重量
You are too much, Agent Mulder.
你真的太过分了 穆德探员
It's a legitimate question.
这是个正经问题
There's a legitimate answer: No.
那我就给个正经回答 不
How can you be so sure?
你凭什么这么肯定
Because when I stand on the scale
因为我站在一边
and think of ice cream, my ass doesn't grow.
想想冰激凌 并不会长胖
Need I illustrate further? Yes,
需要我继续举例吗 这话没错
but I'm sure you believe that words have weight--
但我想你应该会认为语言是有重量的吧
the weight to move people to go kill other people.
有推动他人实施杀害的力量
People kill people. Bombs kill people.
人杀人 炸♥弹♥杀人
Words can incite people to kill people
语言可以通过制♥造♥仇恨
as instruments of hate, but are not lethal in and of themselves.
刺♥激♥人去杀人 但自身并不致命
Ever suck on a lemon, Agent Einstein?
你吃过柠檬吗 爱因斯坦探员
Do you feel a sensation right now?
现在提起柠檬你会有流口水的感觉吗
A quasi-measurable effect?
这不是一种可测量的反应吗
I am getting a taste of what Agent Scully must suffer.
我现在倒是尝到了史考莉探员容忍♥你的感觉
Neo-Darwinists believe that every word spoken,
新达尔文主义认为所有说出的话
every thought, every perception, lest I misperceive,
所有思想 所有感觉 如果我没理解错
is a step in the evolution of mankind.
都是人类进化的一步
Yes. A butterfly beats its wings in China,
是的 中国一只蝴蝶扇扇翅膀也会有影响
but that butterfly won't be defusing explosives
但那只蝴蝶可不会穿着自杀背心
in any suicide vests.
引爆♥炸♥弹
Agent Einstein, you have a terrorist lying in a state
爱因斯坦探员 你现在有一名恐♥怖♥分♥子♥
of existence somewhere between life and death.
正处于生死之间
If he holds valuable intel on other terrorists,
如果他手上有关于其他恐♥怖♥分♥子♥的宝贵情报
maybe in order to reach him, you need to expand your mind
那或许为了与他沟通 你需要拓展
on the so-called material world.
你对所谓物质世界的认识
I got here as fast as I could.
我尽快赶来了
Let me say, I'm blown away you came down here
要我说 你能来这里帮我
to help me at all.
我已经感激不尽了
Well, I sensed your frustration.
我感觉到了你的挫败感
I just want to believe there's some way
我只是想相信真能有办法
of reaching this young man and learning what he might know.
和这个年轻人交流 弄清楚他知道什么
Well, I believe there may be, but not the way you think.
我相信有 但不是你所想的办法
What way is that, Agent Scully?
那是什么办法 史考莉探员
Well, not through an oracle or a psychic or a seer,
不是通过神使 灵媒 或是什么先知
but through science.
而是通过科学
I don't know how you mean.
我不懂你的意思
This may sound heavy,
听起来可能有点沉重
but this is a bit of a personal quest for me.
但我想要尝试有一些自己的私心
My mother was in a coma recently,
我母亲前不久也曾陷入昏迷
and I wasn't able to communicate with her, either.
我也无法和她交流
I take it she's passed?
我猜她是过世了吧
I wish I'd had the presence of mind
我真希望她还在世的时候
to think of this when she was still alive.
我就想出了这个办法
It might've solved a mystery that I may never know.
那或许能解开一个如今可能永远无解的谜题
Please enlighten me, Agent Mulder,
请告诉我 穆德探员
how nine years of college, three degrees,
大学九年 获得三个学位
and two years at Quantico has left me such a simpleton.
在匡蒂科训练了两年 我怎么会是笨蛋
Not a simpleton.
不是笨蛋
A mugwump.
是怀疑派
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表