剧集 | 青春密语(2008) | 导航列表
"stepped into a meeting" runaround, huh?
以"走进会议室"作为借口了哈
Just tell him that I can't make it for dinner tonight.
告诉他我今晚没法过来吃饭了
And why not?
为什么
Oh, I thought you just stepped into a meeting.
你不是已经进会议室了吗
I want to talk to you.
我要和你谈谈
I have a paper due tomorrow.
我明天要交论文
Then you better get started on it
那你就赶紧写
'cause you're meeting me
因为你晚上要见我
for dinner and don't be trying to back out.
别耍花招不来
I want to talk to you. Betty told me about Adrian.
我要找你 贝蒂和我说了艾利安的事
You are not shipping her off to New York.
你不能把她撵到纽约去
Hi.
你好啊
Yeah. Hi.
你好呀
Shouldn't you be in class?
你不是该在上课吗
I was just, uh, checking on things.
我只是在确定一些事
Things or people? Adrian?
是事还是人 是艾利安吧
My dad.
是我父亲
My dad's been having a tough time.
他最近日子不好过
You saw him when he was here.
上次他来你见过的
So I just felt like I needed to call him.
我就是觉得我有必要打电♥话♥给他
And how are you?
那你呢
I'm fine. Thanks for asking.
我很好 谢谢关心
Better get back to class.
我最好还是回去上课吧
Um, I was hoping to talk to
我本打算和你谈谈
you about a rumor that's going around school.
现在学校里风传的谣言呢
I don't want to talk about any rumors.
我不想谈论谣言
And whatever they are, they're probably not true.
不管是什么 都不是真的
Yeah. Ben, look, there
本 听我说
are only a couple of months of school left.
离学校放假没几个月了
And I know you've been through a horrible time.
我也知道你过得很辛苦
But I also know that you're an honorable man,
但我也知道你是个值得尊敬的男人
and you don't want to do anything dishonorable.
你不会想做一些不光彩的事的
This is none of your business.
这不关你事
Excuse me? None of your business.
你说什么 不关你事
This is personal. You're my business.
这是我私事 你就是我要管的事
You're a student here and so is Adrian.
你和艾利安都是这里的学生
No. No, she's not. She was a student here.
她不是 她曾经是这儿的学生
She's not a student here anymore.
她现在不是了
And she's not gonna come back to school here.
她也不会再回来念书了
And whatever Adrian decides is her business,
不管她怎样决定 都是她自己的事
not your business.
不关你事
Look, Ben, I really care about the students here.
本 我关心我的学生
And I especially care about you and Adrian.
尤其关心你和艾利安
Well, don't. Who asked you to?
别这样 谁要你关心了
No one asked me to. It's just that...
是没人要我这么做 只是
This is my first job back after...
这是我失去孩子后的
after I lost a baby.
第一份工作
So, yeah, you know what, maybe I have
也许我的确没意识到
crossed some line here without realizing it.
自己管得太多了
May be this has become too personal.
也许这事太私人了
It's been two years
但两年过去了
for me and I'm still having a difficult time with the loss.
我仍对失去孩子而伤心不已
Sids.
婴儿猝死综合征
My baby died of SIDS.
我的孩子死于婴儿猝死综合征
And then my husband left me 18 months later.
18个月后我丈夫离开了我
18 months? Yeah.
18个月后 是
I was the one who was inconsolable at first.
我当时伤心欲绝
Then I was depressed for almost a year,
消沉了整整一年
and then when I finally got myself together, he fell apart.
等我重新振作起来时 他受不了了
And his way of dealing with it
他处理问题的方式
was staying drunk all the time.
就是整日喝个烂醉
Well, I've dealt with it. Sober.
我也这么干过 但我很清醒
And Adrian can't deal with it.
而艾利安可没办法
And maybe she needs to go to cosmetology school
所以也许她该去美容学校
to start dealing with it. So, please, just stay out of it.
学会生活 所以请你别管我们了吧
Are you sure you're okay, Ben?
你确定你没问题吗 本
Because this doesn't seem like you, to encourage Adrian
这可不像你的作风 鼓励艾利安
to do the wrong thing and to go away and study something
做明知错的事 跑去学习
that she's never been interested in before
她一点也不感兴趣的东西
just so you can get out of your marriage.
这样你就能摆脱这个婚姻了
Get out of my marriage?
你说我摆脱婚姻
Who said anything about getting out of my marriage?
谁这么说过了啊
Why else would you encourage her
不然你为什么鼓励她
to do something like this?
做这样的事
I mean, Adrian is smart
我的意思是 艾利安这么聪明
enough to finish high school and to go to college
完全有能力完成高中学业上大学
and get into law school.
去学法律
If her husband doesn't take away her courage
要不是她的丈夫夺走了她的勇气
and her strength and her determination.
力量和决心的话
I didn't take those away things from her,
不是我夺走了这些
losing the baby did.
是失去孩子这件事
Are you done now? Finished.
你说完了吗 完了
I'm finished now. Yes.
我说完了 是的
Does the whole school know that Adrian
是不是全校都知道了
wants to further her education in New York?
艾利安要去纽约深造的事了
Now that's a positive spin on things if I've ever heard one.
这是我听到的最正面的版本了
And the answer to your question is yes.
我的回答是 是的
I guess that enough time
我觉得是时候
has passed that I can, I can tell you this.
该告诉你这个了
Half the student body thinks
一半的学生都认为
you're pushing Adrian out the door,
你要抛弃艾利安
the other half thinks you're running,
另外一半认为你要逃跑
so it's evenly divided between jerk and coward.
所以你不是个混♥蛋♥就是懦夫
So I think that the only way
所以我觉得唯一重振
your reputation of a good guy can survive this
你“好男人”的形象的方法
is if you stick around. Just my advice.
就是继续守着她 个人建议
I don't care what people think.
我才不管大家怎么看
Who would have thought my freshman year in high school
谁能想到新入学的那年
would have been my best year?
是我最美好的一年
You're gonna put the bed from their nursery
你当真要把他们的婴儿床
in the church nursery where John sleeps?
搬到教堂托儿所里约翰睡觉的地方吗
Are you kidding? That's just creepy.
你没开玩笑吧 太毛骨悚然了
First of all, John doesn't sleep in a baby bed anymore
首先 约翰早就不睡婴儿床了
so he won't be sleeping in it,
所以他不会睡这床上
and it's not creepy. Or it wasn't until you said that.
一点也不毛骨悚然 至少在你说之前
Where was I? Secondly?
我说到哪了 其次呢
Secondly, the church really needs that stuff.
其次 教堂需要这些东西
There are a lot of mothers who'd be very grateful
很多妈妈拿到艾利安捐的东西
to have the things that Adrian wants to donate.
感谢还来不及呢
Clothes, the, the blankets, diapers.
衣服 毯子 尿布啊
You know how expensive that stuff is.
这些东西可不便宜
Okay, I told you what Adrian called me about,
好了 我刚告诉你艾利安跟我讲了什么
now you tell me what Adrian called you about.
现在轮到你告诉我她为什么打你电♥话♥了
I don't know. I erased the message.
我不知道 我把留言删了
Without listening to it? Without listening to it.
连听都没听吗 没听
That wasn't very nice.
这太没有礼貌了
I want to know what she said!
我想知道她说了什么
I don't even know what she said. Ask her if you're so curious.
我哪知道 好奇的话你自己问她
She told you she called me. Ask her what she wanted.
她说她打过 那你问她什么事
I think we both know what she wanted.
她想做什么 我俩都心知肚明吧
She is obviously getting ready to leave Ben and she wants you.
显然她是准备抛弃本 然后来找你
And yet you're helping her leave Ben.
那你还帮她抛弃本
Because that's the kind of person I am, Ricky.
因为我是她朋友 里奇
I'm telling you, she knows what she's doing.
我告诉你 她知道自己在做什么
She's feeling better.
她已经好多了
She's got some crazy plan she's come up with
她肯定有了什么新点子
and you're playing right into it and I'm not.
而你正中她下怀 我可不会
Tell him that I'm not gonna do it.
就转告他我今晚去不了了
Ben, Ben, Ben.
本 本 本
You know everyone who has had this job has been fired.
你知道坐这位子上的人全被炒鱿鱼了
剧集 | 青春密语(2008) | 导航列表