你能帮我倒杯水吗
Can you get me some water?
好啊 蒂姆和我一起去吧
Sure. Maybe Tim can help.
谢天谢地
Thank God.
最近我们都没怎么去看望你
We haven't had much time to visit you lately.
没事的 我理解 你现在升职为警探了嘛
No, I understand. I mean, you're a detective now.
都忙坏了吧
You're probably exhausted.
是的
I am.
但这次婚礼本该是我们联络感情的契机
But this wedding should be a chance for us to bond.
很抱歉 我一直跟你争来争去
I'm sorry it's been so contentious.
我也很抱歉
Well, I'm sorry
乡村俱乐部的事没有征询你的意见
I didn't ask about the country club.
只是 我本以为这么做
It just -- It seemed like something I could do
会让你感受到我有多喜欢你这个儿媳
to show you how happy I am you're joining the family.
如果你不想在那里结婚的话
If you don't want to get married there...
- 真的很不想 - 那好吧
I really don't. Well...
但我愿意听取你的意见
But I would like your opinion on things.
只在你自己也举棋不定的时候
When you ask for it.
这会显得我这人很坏吗
Is that so awful?
不 不会的
No. No.
我只希望你和卫斯理能幸福地过日子
I just want you and Wesley to be happy.
谢谢你
Thank you.
但如果你要搞自助餐 我会羞愤而死的
But if you serve a buffet, I will die of shame.
那就分桌上菜吧
Seated dinner it is.
加把劲 你能做得更好的
Come on. You can do better than that.
他真的不能
He really can't.
我尽力啦
Uh, I really can't.
没事吧
You okay?
没事
Yeah.
还是不敢相信
I still can't believe
我把传♥单♥印错了
I messed up those flyers.
对啦 这周末我请你吃晚饭吧
Hey, let me buy you dinner this weekend.
你懂的 就当作补偿啦
You know, to -- to make up for it.
你真贴心 但事实上
Uh...that is sweet, but I actually --
我 我刚开始和别人约会 因此
I-I just started dating someone, so...
什么叫 刚开始
Define "just started."
一次约会 五次
One date? Five?
一次
One.
好吧 那和我出去约会一次呗
Okay, so, let me take you out on one date.
约完再看你喜不喜欢
Then you can see how you feel.
听上去是个合理的方案
That seems like a reasonable proposal.
他是个好僚机
He's a good wingman.
你答应了吗
Is that a yes?
答应了
Yeah.
行 约一次也无伤大雅
Yeah, I guess I could make that happen.
真棒
Great.
笨蛋
*Sucker
你打算整晚都守在这里吗
You planning to be out here all night?
是的 你是来再吼我一顿的吗
Yeah. You gonna yell at me some more?
不是 给你买♥♥了咖啡
No. I brought you coffee.
谢谢
Thank you.
听着 对不起早些时候我冲你发脾气了
Listen, I'm sorry I snapped at you earlier.
别放在心上 你当时压力也很大
It's not a problem. Very stressful situation.
谢谢
Thank you.
还有 也多谢你守在这里
And thank you for staying.
知道你就在附近确实让我安心不少
It does make me feel better knowing that you're here.
不客气 教授
You're welcome, Professor.
拜托
Oh, please.
你都做到这份上了 叫我菲奥娜吧
Considering what you're doing, call me Fiona.
抱歉
Oh, sorry.
是我的儿子
That's my son.
有什么问题吗
Everything okay?
这是你现在
It's the last thing
最不该操心的事情
you need to be hearing about right now.
事实上 有东西来分散我的注意力也不错
Actually, I could use a distraction.
好吧
Okay. Um...
我儿子接了一份工作 并为此辍学了
Uh, my son got a job and dropped out of college.
但你希望他能把书读完 因为你自己没有
But you wanted him to graduate because you didn't?
我为我和我的家人
I made a nice life for myself
挣来了舒适的生活 但没有大学文凭
and my family, but not finishing...
总是让我没法自信起来
it just always left a hole in my confidence.
你也知道 大学并不适合每一个人
Well, you know, college isn't for everybody,
而且受教育的渠道有很多
and there are many ways to get an education.
他的这份工作 是份好工作吗
This job of his, is it a good one?
好到爆表
Oh, crazy good.
那不就行啦
Well, there you go, then.
我的意思是 大学又不会跑
I mean, college will always be there.
眼下也许这份工作能教他的更多
Maybe this is the education he needs right now.
看看你
Look at you.
课堂之外也是我的人生导师
Teaching me outside of class too.
我护送你到学校
I'll shadow you to school
然后就回家 眯眼休息一会
and then head home, get some shut-eye.
好的 我的出版商雇佣了
Yeah, my publisher's bringing in...
一家私人安保公♥司♥ 接下来几周他们会保护我
...a private security company for the next few weeks.
很好
Good.
亨利要来吃晚饭
Oh! Henry's coming to dinner.
我的天
Oh.
这件作品真有感染力
That's a powerful piece.
是啊 我外婆做的
Oh, yeah. My grandmother made that.
她是雕塑家
She was a sculptor.
本来就该融化成这样吗
Is it supposed to be melted like that?
不是 是在那次针对激进社团的轰炸行动中受损了
No. It was damaged during the MOVE bombing.
等等 我记得
Wait, I remember that.
大部分人都没印象了
Most people don't.
是的 我 我是在费城城郊长大的
Yeah. I'm -- I-I grew up outside Philly.
是哪年来着 1984吗
That was, what, 1984?
1985年五月十三日
It was May 13, 1985.
对
Yeah.
警♥察♥本想把
The cops were trying to get
一群黑人活跃分子
a group of Black activists
赶出他们的家
out of their house,
但当他们失败了
and when they couldn't get them out,
他们就向那件房♥子发射了一万发子弹
they fired 10,000 rounds of ammunition
房♥子里面还有小孩
into a house with children in it.
之后还对屋顶投掷了炸♥弹♥
Then they dropped a bomb on the roof --
炸死了十一人 其中五名是孩子
killed 11 people, including 5 kids.
我记得那天火窜得好高
I remember there was a-a huge fire.
你外婆的房♥子着火了吗
Did your grandmother's house burn?
是的 还有六十间房♥子也是
Mm. Yeah. Along with 60 others.
整整两个街区啊
Two whole blocks.
但那些警♥察♥却只是冷眼观戏
And the cops just watched.
我们只来得及抢出这件雕塑
That sculpture was the only thing we could salvage.
我很抱歉
I'm so sorry.
那年我才十岁
I was 10 years old.
在外婆的客厅里玩耍
Playing in her front room
突然涌来了一大群人 猛敲我们的大门
when people started coming, banging on the door,
吼着要我们赶紧出去
telling us we had to get out.
余烬从天上落下来
There were embers falling from the sky,
灼痛了我们的皮肤
burning our skin.
外婆抓起我的手就跑 但
Nana grabbed my hand and we ran, but...
我们逃不出去
we couldn't get away.
难怪你也成了一位活动家
No wonder you became an activist yourself.
正是
Exactly.
现在你该明白了为什么我不愿意向那些
Now you understand why I'm not backing down from these
南境前线的混账们低头了吧
Southern Front jackasses.
- 好啦 走吧 - 警报解除 立即离开
Armed. Away. Exit now.Alright. Ready to go.
好 等我一秒钟
Okay. Give me one second.
好的
Okay.
睡得如何
How'd you sleep?
很好
Good.
不太好
Not good.
剧集 | 菜鸟老警(2018) | 导航列表