剧集 | 窃听黑幕(2025) | 导航列表
I do.
法官需要裁定的问题是
And the issue for the Judge to decide on, is the spirit,
这些规则违反的本质
in which these rules were broken.
究竟是出于恶意
Were they broken in bad faith,
还是出于透明且符合正义的考量?
or was it done transparently and in the interests of justice?
这些就是我们目前争论的两个层面
Those are the two sides, that we are litigating at the moment.
你明白吗?
You understand that?
是的,我明白
Yes, I do.
我们从最初 你与伊顿先生会面开始说起
Let us begin, with your initial meeting with Mr Eaton.
有人指出你在这次谈话中 引导了证人
It's been suggested, that you led the witness, during this conversation.
我觉得有必要先澄清
I think it's important, for me to say,
我一开始其实 并不想与伊顿先生见面
that I never wanted to meet with Mr Eaton, in the first place.
是他坚持只愿意跟我谈
He insisted, he would only speak with me.
所以我去见了他
So I went along,
而我的任务是判断他是否可信
and the job is to find out if he was valid.
为了要做到这点 就必须问一些深入的问题
And to do that, you have to ask some probing questions.
“告诉我那对兄弟的名字?”
"Give me the name of the brothers?"
这几乎算不上是深入的问题吧 库克先生?
That's hardly a probing question, is it, Mr Cook?
他根本没想说什么兄弟,对吧?
He wasn't interested in any brothers at all, was he?
是你把兄弟的事告诉他的
You gave him the brothers.
我是提到了兄弟 但我没告诉他兄弟的名字
I gave him the brothers, I did not give the name of the brothers.
第一次会面时,你应该知道
You were aware, at that first meeting,
维护程序完整性的重要吧?
of how important it was to preserve the integrity of the process?
我认为我们当时就是这么做的 一切都有录音…
And that's what I thought we were doing, it was all recorded...
而我们现在也有这些谈话的文字稿
And we all have the transcripts here before us.
但我的问题不是这个
But that wasn't my question.
这是个简单的问题
It was a simple question.
那我们换个问题吧
Let's try another.
你是否承认,你与证人
Do you accept that by having direct phone conversations
直接通话
with a witness
已经违反了 无污染通道制度的规定?
you were breaching the sterile corridor system?
是的,我承认,但我要说
Yes. I do, but I would say
当时的情况特别棘手
that this was a particularly difficult set of circumstances.
一点都不棘手
It wasn't difficult at all.
你只要告诉这个人说
All you had to do was to say to this man,
“我很抱歉
"I'm sorry,
规则是我不能这样直接与你联♥系♥
the rules are I'm not allowed to have direct contact with you.
你有你自己的证人保护官
You have your own witness protection handler.
他们会解决你的问题
They can sort out any problems you may have,
但从现在开始 你不能再打给我,如果你打来
but from now on you must not ring me and if you do,
我的电♥话♥会封锁你”
my phone will bar you."
我确实有几次是这么做的
And that is what I did on several occasions.
那你有没有封锁过 加里伊顿的电♥话♥?
Did you ever bar Gary Eaton from calling your phone?
不是每支电♥话♥都能做到这样的
It's not always possible on every type of phone.
你的意思是 伦敦警务处的电♥话♥做不到这种事?
Are you saying that it's not possible from a Metropolitan police phone?
这…这是个非常简单的问题
It... it's a terribly simple question.
他换了电♥话♥号♥码 我不知道他的号♥码
He changed his number. I didn't know his number.
我现在想谈谈你的记录问题
I'd like to turn now to the issue of your note-taking.
庭上,在2006年8月23日
My Lord, between August the twenty third
到9月16日之间
and the sixteenth of September two thousand and six,
库克先生和伊顿之间的 众多通话中没有一通
not one of Mr Cook's numerous telephone calls to Eaton,
出现在记录表上
appears on the schedule.
库克先生,你能否告诉我们
Mr Cook, do you mind telling us
为什么在2006年8月23日
how it is that between the twenty third of August
到9月16日之间
and sixteenth September
你有这么多通电♥话♥ 却没有任何记录?
you managed to make so many calls without recording any of them?
据我的记忆 就算不是全部,大部份的通话
From memory the vast majority, if not all,
都和伊顿先生的身体健康
were to do with Mr Eaton's welfare,
生活照顾之类的事情有关 都是些琐事
his domestics, stuff like that. Nuisance stuff.
但你是否承认
But you accept, do you not,
法♥院♥根本无从得知 这些通话里到底说了些什么?
that the court has no way of knowing what was said during these calls?
我承认
I accept that.
庭上,我能坐下吗?我有晕眩症
My Lord, do you mind if I sit down... I suffer from vertigo.
请坐
Please.
我们来看第九份资料
Let us look at tab number nine.
我们可以看到,第一行上面显示
We can see, top line,
询问从8月1日开始
that the debrief begins on the first of August.
我们可以看到,隔天
We can see that it's followed the next day,
有一通15分钟的电♥话♥
by a call which is fifteen minutes long.
那通有记录
That one is logged.
接着8月29日
Then on the twenty eighth of August
有一通九分钟的对话,却没有记录
there's a nine minute call which is not logged.
然后在9月1日
Then on the first of September
伊顿突然改变了他的说辞
Eaton suddenly changes his story.
他第一次声称
He says for the first time,
自己在谋杀现场
that he was at the scene of the murder.
你这是在暗示什么?
Well what are you suggesting?
我的意思是 这可能不是巧合,库克先生
I am suggesting that that may not be a coincidence, Mr Cook.
我想你会否认 然后说这只是个巧合?
I suppose you're going to deny it and say that it is just a coincidence?
你会否认在那些未被记录的通话中
You're going to deny that, during those unlogged calls,
你引导了伊顿先生编造他的说辞?
you were feeding Mr Eaton his story?
我为什么要这么做?
Why would I do that?
这个案件让伦敦警务处
This case has been causing the Metropolitan Police
蒙羞了20多年
untold embarrassment for over two decades.
你急于要抓到某个人定罪
You were desperate to nail someone.
当然
Of course,
如果你认为有个可能的目击证人
if you think you have somebody who may be an eyewitness,
一定会紧紧抓住不放
you embrace them with both arms.
但你却任由这个不诚实的
But you allowed this dishonest,
精神有问题的人 在你的调查里胡作非为
mentally-ill man to run riot over your investigation,
不仅如此,你还操纵他
not only that but you manipulated him
因为他容易被♥操♥纵
because he was easily manipulable
因为他是让这个案子
and because he was your one way
复活的唯一方法
of bringing this case back to life.
还能让你的职业生涯 以一场大胜利收尾
And ending your career, with a real coup.
这不就是你在做的事吗 库克先生?
Isn't that what has gone on here, Mr Cook?
先生,你的说法完全偏离了事实
You could not be further from the truth, Sir.
第11章 界 线
你没改变你的喜好吧?
If you haven't changed your ways.
不可能改的
No chance.
谢谢
Thanks.
你们还能赢吗?
Can you still win?
现在我们失去了加里伊顿 这整个案件
Now that we've lost Gary Eaton, the entire case,
只能靠两个证人
rests on two witnesses -
莲茜赖特
Lindsey Wright,
占美库克的前女友 她基本上是个恶梦
Jimmy Cook's ex-girlfriend, who is basically a nightmare,
还有占士沃德 最一开始的污点证人
and James Ward, our original supergrass,
但他最多只能算行为不稳定
who's erratic at best.
他们让我在证人席待了九天
Nine days they kept me on that stand.
第一天的时候
On day one,
我真的认为我们能赢
I really thought we could win.
满怀希望
Hoped-
对,我记得那时的希望
Yeah. I remember hope.
我很遗憾他们这样对你
I'm sorry they did that to you.
你不该遭受这样的事
You didn't deserve it.
啊…或许是我活该
Ach... Maybe I did.
那你呢?你能…赢吗?
So what about you, can you erm... win?
新闻工作不是关于输赢
Journalism isn't about winning or losing,
而是关于自我价值 一点一点地被消耗掉
it's about the gradual erosion of... self-worth.
阿伦把这个故事分享给 《广角镜》和《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》了
Alan's given the story to Panorama and the New York Times
他或许是对的
and he's probably right,
因为我无法让任何人上法庭 这代表我们不能…
because I can't get anyone to go Court, which means we can't-
我…我原本以为我能找到办法 拿到穆凯尔的笔记本
I... I thought I had a way to get to Mulcaire's notes.
我以为我终于有点进展,但是…
I thought I was finally getting somewhere, but,
就像我做的每件事一样
like everything I try -
那约拿芬里斯呢?
What about Jonathan Rees?
他肯定和穆凯尔一样糟糕吧?
Surely, he's just as bad as Mulcaire?
如果你没注意到的话,他正在受审
He's on trial if you hadn't noticed.
我们几年前搜查过他的房♥子
We raided his house a few years ago.
我们在他桌上找到发♥票♥
We found invoices on his desk.
是里斯要给《世界新闻报》的
Rees to Alex Marunchak.
剧集 | 窃听黑幕(2025) | 导航列表