剧集 | 拥挤的房间(2023) | 导航列表
我看到报纸上的报道 我就去了
I saw the story in the paper, and I went over there.
我只是...应该是想弄明白吧
I was just-- I was looking to understand, I guess.
你在赖克斯有什么收获
And what'd you find at Rikers?
认识了一个陌生人
A stranger.
威廉姆斯先生 你和被告有过性行为吗
Mr. Williams, did you have a sexual relationship with the defendant?
我和亚莉安娜有过关系
I had a relationship with Ariana.
我没问你被告如何称呼自己
I didn't ask you what the defendant called himself.
-我问你是否发生过性... -反对 提问已经得到了回答
- I asked if you had a sexual-- - Objection. Asked and answered.
反对无效
Overruled.
如果你想 我可以更形象地再问一次
I could put the question to you in more graphic terms, if you'd like.
是 有过
Yes, we did.
-在哪 -反对 不相关
- Where? - Objection, irrelevant.
这个问题有关他们关系的本质
The question speaks to the true nature of their relationship.
反对无效
Overruled.
在哪
Where?
男洗手间
The men's room.
男洗手间
The men's room.
真浪漫
How romantic.
不会有人突然进来吗
Couldn't anyone have just walked in?
你们发♥生♥关♥系♥时是否在众目睽睽之下
Were your encounters in full public view?
是在隔间里
We used a stall.
威廉姆斯先生 你从未和被告一起吃过饭
Mr. Williams, you never shared a meal with the defendant.
-从没见过他家 是吗 -没见过
- Never saw his home, did you? - No.
-见过他的朋友吗 -没有
- Ever meet his friends? - No.
-家人呢 -没见过
- Family? - No.
你们最亲密的时刻发生在一个厕所隔间里
Your most intimate moments were in a bathroom stall.
你能对此人有多了解呢
How well could you possibly have known this man?
当时没有“此人”
There was no "this man."
只有亚莉安娜 我认识她
There was only Ariana, and I knew her.
你常去的这些俱乐部 有没出柜的男同性恋光顾吗
These clubs you frequent, are there ever closeted gay men there?
-有所隐瞒的男人 -当然有
- Men with something to hide. - Sure.
那你怎么知道亚莉安娜不是一个代号♥
So how could you know that Ariana wasn't just an alias?
一种掩盖身份 谎言
A cover. A lie.
我请客
It's on me.
卡米萨先生
Mr. Camisa--
叫我斯坦 别客气 我是记账的 你跟她说 山姆
Stan. And please, I got a tab here. Tell her, Sam.
他确实欠我钱
He does owe me money.
我是这里的常客 没什么的 别客气
I come here a lot. It's nothing. Please.
我们要输了 坎迪
We're gonna lose, Candy.
多重人格障碍只会由一件事引起
Multiple personality disorder is only ever caused by one thing,
而我们无法证明此事曾发生过
and we can't prove that it ever happened.
更糟糕的是 丹尼也否认此事的发生
And worse, Danny denies it ever happened.
好比在和一个有战斗疲劳症的人争吵
It's like arguing a guy is shell-shocked
而他发誓自己从未参加过战争
and he swears that he's never even seen a war.
我们全部的辩护都依赖这一点
Our entire defense is built around this.
那你们辩护错了
Well, then you've got the wrong defense.
-坎迪 -你们应该早有预料的
- Candy-- - And you should have seen it coming.
你觉得我为什么反复打电♥话♥给你
Well, why do you think I've been calling you, repeatedly?
给我打电♥话♥不是真正的法律策略
Calling me is not an actual legal strategy.
我还给你发了传票 这就是了
I also subpoenaed you, which is.
可你置之不理
And you ignored it.
我可以请求法官判你藐视法庭
I can ask the judge to find you in contempt, you know.
听着 请你出庭作证吧
Look, please take the stand.
告诉他们丹尼遭遇了什么事
Just tell 'em what happened to Danny.
你知道你现在在指控什么吗
Are you even aware of the accusation that you're making right now?
-你丈夫是个变♥态♥ 坎... -不是指控我丈夫 是指控我
- Well, your husband's a sick man, Can-- - Not against my husband, against me.
判我藐视法庭啊
Find me in fucking contempt.
头脑是一种非凡的东西 能够进行非凡的转变
The mind is an extraordinary thing, capable of extraordinary transformations.
不光是说话声音 还有身体 技能
Not just voices, but bodies. Skills.
演奏乐器 下棋
Playing an instrument, mastering chess,
说外语 逗笑一屋子的人
speaking a foreign language, lighting up a room.
这些不是人们能够装出来的
These aren't things that people can just fake.
这些人来自各行各业
And these are people who come from every walk of life.
各个种族 各个年龄都有
Every race. Every age.
带有社会污名的诊断
They're people who have nothing to gain
不会给他们带来任何好处
from a diagnosis that carries social stigma.
多重人格障碍真实存在
MPD is real.
多重人格障碍的病人遭受的痛苦 我们大多数人无法理解
And patients with MPD have suffered in ways that most of us cannot comprehend.
-他们值得我们同情 -他们受过什么苦
- They deserve empathy and compassion. - And how have they suffered?
难道人们就不能声称 自己拥有其他人格吗
Can't anyone just claim to have other personalities inside them?
相关文献清晰明确
The literature is clear.
诊断的标准是
For the diagnosis to apply,
病人必须在童年遭受过严重心理创伤
the patients must have experienced severe childhood trauma,
通常是和性有关的
usually sexual.
在病人生命中的某个时刻 当他们最脆弱
At a point in their lives when they are the most vulnerable--
最需要保护时
the most in need of protection--
他们遭到了背叛 往往是被他们信任的人背叛
they are betrayed, usually by somebody that they trusted.
孩子的大脑无法处理这些
A child's mind isn't equipped to handle this.
处理不了这些相互矛盾的事
It can't manage all the contradictions.
于是精神崩溃 第一个分♥裂♥人格诞生
So the psyche fractures and that's the first alter.
孩子本身的人格退场
The child goes away.
新的人格登场
Somebody new comes in.
更适合在可怕世界中生存的人格
Someone better equipped to navigate a terrifying world.
一切就是这样开始的
And that's how it begins.
这是一种防御机制 用以抵御可怕的 难以估量的痛苦
It's a defense mechanism against horrific, unfathomable pain.
能跟我说说丹尼吗
Can you tell me about Danny?
丹尼被捕后 我第一次见到他是在警♥察♥局
I first met Danny at the police station after his arrest.
只是那不是丹尼 而是强尼
Only it wasn't Danny, it was Jonny.
强尼是谁
And who's Jonny?
是丹尼的人格之一 他是个逃脱大♥师♥
Jonny is one of Danny's alters. He's a literal escape artist.
所以被戴上手铐后 强尼出现了
So when the shackles came out, so did Jonny.
这些对丹尼
So are these descriptions
所谓人格的描述是事实还是猜测
of Danny's so-called personalities facts or speculations?
是我的临床判断
They're my clinical judgments.
丹尼有没有告诉过你 他觉得自己有多重人格
Did Danny ever tell you he thought he had multiple personalities?
没有 但这不...
No, but it doesn't--
事实上 不是你 第一个向他介绍这个想法的吗
In fact, wasn't it you who first introduced the idea to him?
是的 因为他的症状证实了诊断
Yes, because his symptoms supported the diagnosis.
这是你说的
So you say.
但本案对你来说意义重大 不是吗
But then you have a lot riding on this, don't you?
-我不明白你的意思 -谁为你的研究买♥♥单
- I'm not sure what you mean. - Who pays for your research?
你如何谋生
How do you make a living?
我的大部分工作靠相关经费支持
Most of my work is funded through grants.
-比如赖林基金 -是
- Grants like the Reiling Grant? - Yes.
-去年已经到期了 -是
- Which expired last year. - Yes.
大学刚刚拒绝了你申请额外经费的请求
And is it true the university just turned down a request from you
是真的吗
for additional funding?
资源有限 但我春季会重新申请的
There's only so much to go around, but I'm going to reapply in the spring.
-你有终身教职吗 -我明年就合格了
- You have tenure? - I'm up for it next year.
所以你的资金即将枯竭
So, with your funding drying up,
主要经费到期 终身教职也岌岌可危
your major grant expiring and with tenure on the line,
可以说这是你职业生涯 成败的关键时刻吗
would it be fair to say that this is a make-or-break moment in your career?
-反对 -我撤回问题
- Objection. - Withdraw the question.
这样一个备受瞩目的案子 对你来说是一个真正的机会
Would it be fair to say that a high-profile case like this one
这么说公平吗
could be a real opportunity for you?
是你扬名立万的机会
Chance for you to make a name for yourself.
-我不会把病人当成机会 -是吗
- I don't see my patients as opportunities. - Don't you?
那你当时为什么去警♥察♥局
I mean, why else did you walk into that police station?
是因为你和那个把丹尼的案子 泄露给你的警探
Was it because you were having a sexual relationship with the detective
-发生过性关系吗 -反对
- who leaked Danny's case to you? - Objection.
反对有效 注意点 律师
Sustained. Take care, Counselor.
我收回问题
Withdrawn.
你为什么跟着被告去赖克斯岛
Why did you follow the defendant to Rikers?
如果是律师如此招揽生意 是有专门的词来形容的
There's a term for lawyers who solicit business like that.
-救护车追逐者 -反对
- Ambulance chasers. - Objection.
-反对有效 -我换个说法
- Sustained. - Let me put it another way.
当你走进那个警♥察♥局时 你想找什么
When you walked into that police station, what were you hoping to find?
我没想找什么
I wasn't hoping to find anything.
抱歉 但我很难相信
See, I'm sorry, but I find that hard to believe.
你得到关于一个年轻人的线索 停下了手头的所有工作
You get a tip about a kid. You drop everything.
剧集 | 拥挤的房间(2023) | 导航列表