剧集 | 拥挤的房间(2023) | 导航列表
做点主流课题吧
Do something mainstream.
跟马丁说你想专心做行为修正
Tell Martin you want to focus on behavior mod.
行为修正
Behavior mod?
或者学习理论 这个课题能赚钱
Or learning theory. There's money there.
我可以跟他谈
I could talk to him.
除非我死了
Literally over my cold, dead body.
你有没有想过 你想通过研究最极端的病例
Has it occurred to you that this desire to distinguish yourself
来突显自己
by validating the most extreme cases
- 是源于你的不安全感... - 别...
stems from your own insecurities
而不是真心想帮助患者
rather than a sincere desire to help the patient?
这两者不矛盾吧
How are they incompatible?
怎么 你不想因为自己的工作得到赞誉
What, you don't want to be heralded for the work that you do?
还是说开明的自利只是男人的特权
Or is enlightened self-interest just a man's prerogative?
你《女士杂♥志♥》看多了
You've been reading too much Ms. Magazine.
我觉得这只是你换了个说法 不想承认我是对的
I think that's another way of you not wanting to tell me that I'm right.
和辣根一起吃更美味
No, better with the horseradish.
我说...你能引用 20年前的医学期刊原话
Oof! You can quote a 20-year-old medical journal,
但你不记得我对辣根过敏
but you cannot remember that I'm allergic to horseradish?
不爱吃还是过敏 这是两回事
Not liking and being allergic? Two different things.
再来一杯吗
And another?
我要金马天尼 一杯伏特加汤力 加一个青柠和两个马拉西诺樱桃
A gin martini for me and a vodka tonic with a lime and two maraschino cherries.
我还是能记住一些东西的
I do remember some things.
请不要在非探视时间给他打电♥话♥
Please don't call him when it's not your night.
是他打给我的
He called me.
严格来说 是你母亲打给我 让他听的电♥话♥
Technically your mother called me and put him on the phone.
无论如何 我现在是他的监护人
Nevertheless, I'm what he's got now,
虽然我有缺点 但他也只能将就了
and he's gonna have to make do with that despite my shortcomings.
莱娅 这不是很有疗效
Rya, that's not very therapeutic.
我又不是他的治疗师 我是他母亲
Well, I'm not his therapist, I'm his mother.
而且说到缺点 是我们不得不面对你那些破毛病
And when it comes to shortcomings, God knows we've all had to deal with yours.
是这样 莱娅 和你在一起很难
You know, Rya, it's challenging with you.
你太变化无常了
So hot and cold in so many ways.
从来都猜不到你会是什么样
Never know who you're gonna get.
该死的
Fuck.
(洛克菲勒中心事件两周后)
如果我能提供一个病例 证明诊断确实呢
What if I present a case where I can prove the diagnosis is real?
为什么要找最罕见的病症呢
Why look for the most obscure conditions possible?
老天 马丁 这就是关键啊
Jesus, Martin! That's the whole point.
就是因为罕见
It's because they're obscure.
没人帮他们 因为大家说
No one helps them because they're told that
他们的经历是不真实的
what they're going through isn't real
他们的感受不重要
and what they're feeling doesn't matter,
因为这本书里没有针对他们的诊断准则
because there's no diagnostic code for them in this book.
莱娅 你没什么需要证明的
Rya, you don't have anything to prove.
(精神障碍)
请不要居高临下
Please don't be condescending.
我至少还要为儿子付15年的学费
I have at least 15 more years of my son's tuition to take care of.
我需要终身教职
I need tenure.
而且你我都清楚 除非我再发表一篇论文
And you and I both know that I'm not gonna get it
否则我就无法得到
unless I publish another article.
如果我展示诊断的准确性 系里会支持研究经费吗
If I show veracity of the diagnosis, will the department support a grant?
如果你证实了诊断 是的 我会支持研究经费
If you verify the diagnosis, yes, I will support the grant.
更有甚者 我会支持 给你弄一张有你名牌的长椅
Hell, I will support a dedicated chair with your name on it.
(神经性贪食症 研究经费申请)
(莱娅古德温博士)
这里是WABC电台 AM 770
This is WABC AM 770.
请听来自白宫的特别报道
Coming from the White House with a special report.
这是简单的常识问题
It's a simple matter of common sense
我们应当尽可能减少自己的弱点
for us to do everything we possibly can to reduce our vulnerability.
我们必须做好最坏的打算
We must be prepared for the worst.
我们必须确保汽油在紧急情况下可以得到
We must make certain that gasoline can be distributed promptly and fairly
迅速和公平的分配
in case of an emergency.
有人吗
Hello?
有人吗
Hello?
(丹尼小伙子 炸鱼和薯条 肯顿大街 正午见 杰克)
(三杯啤酒 三杯苏格兰威士忌)
你知道丹尼在哪吗
Do you know where Danny is?
你认识丹尼
You know Danny?
他是我儿子
He's my son.
出了什么事吗
Is something wrong?
他出事了吗
Did something happen to him?
我们找个地方聊聊
Is there somewhere where we could talk?
- 对 就是他 - 他怎么会进监狱
- Yeah, that's him. - How can he be in jail?
丹尼是双胞胎吗
Was Danny a twin?
那是亚当
That's Adam.
他已经走了很久了
He's been gone a long time.
他怎么了
What happened to him?
你说你是心理学家
A psychologist, you said?
- 想要帮他 - 对 正有此意
- Trying to help him out? - Yeah, I'd like to.
我们去外面坐吧
Let's sit outside.
谢谢
Thank you.
甚至在亚当那件事之前
Even before everything with Adam,
他就非常敏感
he was very sensitive.
然后他被学校开除了
And then they kicked him out of school.
为什么
Why?
毒品和打架
Drugs and fighting.
两者都有
There were both.
他一向很聪明
You know, he was always so bright.
那孩子就像一道光
He was like a light, that kid.
富有想象力
And the imagination.
可很多事情并不如意
But things just didn't turn out.
比如我和男人之间
Me and men.
就是这样
That's all.
我能问问他为什么住在街对面吗
May I ask how he ended up living across the street?
他跟我老公不和
Him and my husband, they didn't see eye to eye.
但我老公基本上跟所有人都不和
But my husband doesn't see eye to eye with much of anyone.
所以他几年前搬过去了
So he moved in there a couple years ago.
我心想:“有何不可 ” 对吧
And I figured, "What's the harm," right?
至少我能关照着他
Least I can keep an eye on him.
然后有一天他失踪了
And then one day he's just gone.
但谋杀未遂这种事
But attempted murder?
我家丹尼可做不出来
That's not my Danny.
你知道有谁和他一起住在街对面吗
Do you know who lived with him across the street?
我不知道有谁长住
I don't know who was full-time.
但有一个女生常去 人来人往的
There was a girl there a lot. People come and go.
那么他会进监狱吗
So what? Is he going to prison?
我希望不会
I hope not.
坎迪 你说他很敏感
Candy, you said he was sensitive.
你觉得他小时候情绪多变吗
Would you say that he was moody as a child?
抑郁 反应过快
Depressed? Quick to react?
发生亚当那件事时 他是否变得更加喜怒无常
Did his moodiness increase around everything that happened with Adam?
我说了 他总是不一样
Like I said, he was always different.
这又不犯法
No crime in that.
对 不犯法
No, there isn't. No.
我想问你
I'd like to ask you something.
这个问题很棘手 但我觉得对帮助他很有用
It's a difficult question, but I think it'd be very helpful in helping him.
丹尼小时候遇到过什么事吗
Did anything ever happen to Danny as a boy?
什么样的事
What kind of thing?
你说你和男人之间的事不如意
When you mentioned that you don't have much luck with men,
- 此话怎讲 - 现在怪我了
- what did you mean by that? - It's my fucking fault now?
- 不 我完全没有这个意思 - 他说发生了什么
- No, that's not what I'm saying at all. - What did he say happened?
什么也没发生
Nothing.
我只是想进一步了解他
I'm just trying to better understand him.
我不知道人们都做些什么
I don't know what people do.
你知道所有来和你见面的人都做什么
You know what everybody does? All the people who come to see you?
- 不知道 - 没错 因为人们会做出的事
- No. - No, 'cause people do things
从外表上完全看不出来
they don't look like they're capable of.
坎迪
Candy--
我得走了 去医院上班要迟到了
I gotta go. I'm gonna be late for work, to the hospital.
告诉他 我会来看他的
Tell him I'm gonna come see him.
- 坎迪 我还不是他的医生呢 - 杯子放着就好
- Candy, I'm not even his doctor yet. - Just leave your cup.
埃兹拉 10点了 你得睡觉了
Ezra, it's ten o'clock. You need to go to bed.
- 我得再跟丹尼谈谈 - 不行
- I need to talk to Danny again. - You can't.
剧集 | 拥挤的房间(2023) | 导航列表