时间快没有了
Time is running out
福尔摩斯先生
Mr. Holmes.
要是钱有问题…
If it is a question of paying the money...
那没必要
That will not be necessary.
那你能保证了?
You can give assurance then?
这么说可能有点轻率 斯温斯特德夫人
That would be unwise in me Lady Swinstead
但是我向您保证
but I assure you
我会尽我所能
I will give it my best.
那样我会很满意
I shall have to be satisfied with that then.
福尔摩斯先生
Mr. Holmes?
这个人一定要闭嘴
This man must be silenced.
她知道米尔沃顿吗?
Does she know about Milverton?
他的名字?
A name?
是的 我告诉她了
Yes I told her.
我错了吗?
Was that wrong of me?
华生 这些钱
Oh Watson these bills,
必须要付
they must be paid.
顺便说一句 我确保了我们
Oh, incidentally I managed to secure
都被邀请去参见多佛考特的舞会
an invitation for us both to the Dovercourt dance.
虽然离伦敦有点远
The house is some miles from London
但是离我的目标近了
but in reach for my purposes.
什么目标?
What purposes?
我要在那天晚上 潜入米尔沃顿家偷窃
I intend to burgle the Milverton house that night.
天啊 福尔摩斯
For heaven sakes Holmes
想想你在干什么
think what you're doing.
让我们好好地想清楚
Well let us look at it fairly and clearly.
你得承认
You will admit
这件事从道义上来说是正义的
that the cause is morally justifiable.
是的
Yes.
在法律上是犯罪
Technically criminal.
不过是像抢他的钱包
No more than raiding his pockets ,
你那时就愿意帮我
a cause which you were perfectly willing to help me.
那时事出突然
That was on the spurt of the moment
不是理智的
not on the coal light of reason.
理智?
Reason?
这件事里有"理智"的用武之地吗 华生?
Is there reasoning to be done Watson?
没有一样要我动脑子
Nothing to test my brain?
可恶
That's the curse of it.
想想
Think.
要是你被抓了
If you're caught,
这份令人尊敬的事业
an honored career
就会彻底完蛋 在公众前颜面丢尽
ending in failure and public disgrace.
什么完蛋 什么丢脸
What failure? What disgrace?
能比得上被打败?
Against defeat.
你再了解我不过
You know me well enough
如果有别的可能
that I would never adopt so objectionable a course
我是不会出此下策
if another were possible.
我必须拿到那些信
I must have those letters.
我对那房♥子了如指掌
And have the house in the palm of my hand.
先动手再动脑
The cudgel before the brain.
那讨厌的米尔沃顿呢?
What of the odious Milverton?
难道他会敞开大门请你大摇大摆进去吗?
Do you think he's just going to open his gates and invite you to stroll in?
米尔沃顿会去舞会
Milverton will be at the dance
作为伊娃小姐的客人
as the guest of Lady Eva's.
太荒谬了 福尔摩斯
That's monstrous Holmes.
我赌上了自尊和名誉
My self-respect and reputation are at stake
这是唯一的办法
it's the only way.
我不喜欢这样
Well I don't like it,
一点也不
any of it.
没什么可怕的
You have nothing to fear.
伊娃?
Eva?
哈德森太太 谁让你给我整理的?
Mrs. Hudson why did you tidy for me?
我的鞋呢?
Where the hell are my shoes?
鞋?
Shoes?
是的
Yes.
面具?
Masks?
黑丝手绢
Black silk handkerchief.
我看你天生就会这些事
I see you have a natural turn for this sort of thing.
我也很纳闷自己怎么学来的
I wonder where I learned it.
今晚要像平时一样小心提防
Take the usual precautions tonight.
赫伯斯
Hebworth.
我会的
I will.
祝您愉快
Enjoy your evening.
这儿的人都有危险 福尔摩斯
The people are at risks here Holmes.
确实是这样
Yes indeed.
我们8分钟后走
We leave in eight minutes.
打扰一下 先生
Excuse me sir,
夫人在楼上想见你
Her ladyship would like to see you upstairs.
哈瑞
Harry.
那个人
That man
他是被邀请的客人吗?
is he an invited guest?
米尔沃顿
Milverton.
是的 是伊娃的想法
Yes it's something Eva schemed.
那副画
The painting.
聪明的姑娘很可能 是想压低价钱才邀请他来
The old girl is probably trying to whittle down the price by inviting him here.
别担心 戴安娜
Don't worry yourself Diana.
没事
It's all right.
太奇怪了
How strange
在这看见你 福尔摩斯先生
to see you here Mr. Holmes.
生意娱乐两不误?
Mixing business with pleasure?
毫无疑问你也是
There's no doubt you are.
我今晚是纯粹来玩的 福尔摩斯 我向你保证
purely pleasure this evening Mr. Holmes I assure you
你会遵守我们的约定吧
You will be keeping our appointment.
先生
Sir.
我的访客半小时到
I am expecting a visitor in an half an hour.
是 先生
Sir.
主人走了 仆人就开始享乐
Servants are playing while the master's away.
福尔摩斯
Holmes?
米尔沃顿的马车
Milverton's carriage
没时间关门了
no time to lose the door.
你使我缩短了今晚的娱乐时间
You made me curtail my evening's entertainment.
我希望你证明那是值得的
I hope you prove worth it.
你不能挑个更适合交谈的时间来吗?
You couldn't have come at a more sociable time?
好吧 不行就算了吧
Well if you couldn't, you couldn't
要是伯爵夫人是个严厉的女主人
if the Countess is a hard mistress
你现在有机会报复她了
you have a chance now to get even with her.
上帝保佑 你怎么在发抖?
Bless the girl, what are you shivering about?
对
That's right!
打起精神
Pull yourself together.
我们来谈生意
Now then, let's get down to business.
你说你有5封
You save you have five letters,
关于D·阿尔伯特伯爵夫人的信?
which compromise the Countess D' Albert?
你要卖♥♥ 我要买♥♥
You want to sell them. I want to buy them.
目前为止一切顺利
So far, so good.
就剩下谈好价钱了
So it remains to fix the price.
当然我要先检查这些信
Of course I shall want to examine the letters.
如果内容够好…
If they prove to be good specimens then...
天啊 是你?
Great heavens, it is you?
一个被你毁了一生的女人
A woman who's life you have ruined.
你太固执了
You were so very obstinate.
12年前 巴黎
Paris twelve years ago.
为什么你要把我逼上绝路呢?
Why did you drive me to such extremities?
一段被尘封的往事
An episode long closed.
我本连一个苍蝇都不愿伤害
I wouldn't hurt a fly of my own accord.
你一直等待
You waited for the moment
直到能赢得最大的赌注的时候
when the stakes was most worth winning.
我能怎么做?
What was I to do?
我出的价钱你完全能负担
I put the price well within your means.
你把信给我丈夫
Instead you sent the letters to my husband.
因为你没有付钱
You would not pay.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表