那是不义之财
That is a monstrous accession.
是你
It was you
你一个人害死了他
and you alone who caused his death.
就为了那点钱
And the sum involved niggardly.
确实才1200磅
Indeed a mere twelve hundred pounds
就可以解决所有的问题
would have settled the whole questions.
很可惜 不是吗?
Pitiful isn't it?
但是我发现福尔摩斯先生
And yet I find you Mr. Holmes,
作为一个明白人
a man of sense,
居然拿你们委托人全部未来和荣耀
boggling over terms when the whole future and honor
和我谈条件
of your client is at stake.
你让我很吃惊 真的很吃惊
You surprise me. You do really.
找不到那么多钱
The money cannot be found.
最好你接受我们提出的价钱
Surely it would be better for you to take the substantial sum we offer
而不是毁了她的前程
than to ruin this young woman's career,
不然什么也得不到
which can profit you in no way.
那你就错了
But you're mistaken.
曝光此事会间接使我
An exposure would profit me indirectly
受到很大的益处
to a considerable degree.
我还有八件 十件
I have eight or ten
类似的事情要去谈
similar cases materializing.
要是伊娃小姐的不幸能成为事例流传开
If it is circulated that I have made a severe example of Lady Eva.
会使其余的人
I'll shall find the rest
更理智一些
much more open to reason.
你们明白我的意思了?
Do you see my point?
我们来看看这些信的内容
Let us see the contents of those letters.
福尔摩斯先生
Mr. Holmes.
福尔摩斯 我以为你会做些有创意的事情
Mr. Holmes I've been expecting you to do something original.
这早就司空见惯了
This has been tried so often before.
小爱德华 克罗夫特就是其中一个
Young Edward Kroft for one.
克罗夫特?
Kroft?
那个男仆维奇
The footman Veitch
替你挡下了本该射向你的子弹
who took the bullet that was rightfully yours.
你调查过我
You've done some work on me.
那你一定知道
So you must know
没有什么能靠近伤害我
that nothing ever came of an attack on my person.
我武装到了牙齿
I'm armed to the teeth
一直是这样
at all times
无时无刻不准备着使用武器
and I'm perfectly prepared to use my weapons
我知道法律会保护我
and knowing that the law will support me.
你或许有机会来检验一下这套理论
You may well have your chance to test your assumption.
哈德森太太 别让人来打扰我
Mrs. Hudson I am not to be disturbed.
走吧
Go.
福尔摩斯 你不会真认为
Mr. Holmes surely you don't believe
我会傻到把谋生的东西随身携带吧?
I'd be so foolish to carry my livelihood here in my pocket?
只是为了确认一下 米尔沃顿先生
Just making sure Mr. Milverton.
那么 现在 先生们
Well now gentlemen,
我今晚还有一两个小约会
I have one or two little interviews this evening
从这到汉普斯特德还很远
and it's a long drive to Hampstead.
有人给了米尔沃顿一点教训
Now someone has dealt Milverton a blow.
一个愤怒的丈夫
An outraged husband
和其余在这个灰暗的城市里数以千计人一样
just as there are thousands in this grey city
盼着米尔沃顿去死
who crave Milverton's destruction
或许会先我们一步
and may yet beat us to it.
福尔摩斯?
Holmes?
我和任何人一样爱好艺术
I'm as fond of art as any man
但是你不认为在昨天的谈话之后…
but don't you think after yesterday's encounter...
艺术离不开头脑
Art is bond to the brain
特别是在做决定的时候
especially in moments of decision.
我们了解了一些米尔沃顿的情况
So we've learned something about Milverton.
他的残忍♥无情很难被曝光
That he's ruthless is hardly a revelation.
他的虚荣
And that of his vanity
就是他的弱点
and to a certain his vulnerability.
被砍坏的马车
I can see that the damage to his carriage
也许让他有些不安
might have unsettled him.
我们一定要利用这些事
We must exploit such things.
肆无忌惮的蓄意破坏
Wanton vandalism.
"盔甲上出现了裂缝"
Any chink in the armor.
福尔摩斯先生
Mr. Holmes
这是我的朋友
this is my friend
尊敬的夏洛特 迈尔斯
the Honorable Charlotte Miles.
这为是夏洛克福尔摩斯先生
Mr. Sherlock Holmes
和他的搭档华生先生
and his partner Mr. Watson.
伊娃小姐能和您单独谈谈吗?
Lady Eva may speak privately to you?
迈尔斯太太
Mrs. Miles
请接受我们的慰问
please accept our sympathy.
福尔摩斯先生和我
Mr. Holmes and I
都知道您的情况
are fully aware of your situation.
很感谢你 华生医生
That is most kind of you Doctor Watson
但人要带着自己的错误活下去
but one has to live with one's mistakes.
他不肯让步
He was unyielding.
现在 下一步
Now the next move
需要你完全的配合
requires your delicate cooperation.
我会按你说的做
I'll do anything you say Mr. Holmes.
舞会在哪天?
The dance in your honor?
14号♥
On the 14th.
下午好 斯托克斯先生?
Good afternoon Mr. Stokes?
我说过别让人打扰我 姑娘
I told you I was not to be disturbed girl
什么事?
what is it?
夏洛克 福尔摩斯先生想见你
It's Mr. Sherlock Holmes to see you sir.
"阿吉 我被你打动了"
"Oh Aggie, you've touched my heart."
福尔摩斯先生?
Mr. Holmes?
我是来通知你
I'm here to inform you
我的委托人已经接受了你的条件
that my client accepts your terms.
她的做法是明智的
She's acted with perspicacity.
她有个小小的请求
She begs but a small favor.
是什么?
What is it?
她想把交易延迟到15号♥进行
That the exchange be delayed until the 15th.
在它前一天晚上 伯爵安排了一个舞会
The Earl has arranged a dance for the previous night
她需要专注于那事
and she is somewhat preoccupied with that.
舞会 是的
The dance yes.
那第二天的10点
So 10 o'clock the following morning
我们交易 行吗?
we can do business?
7000英镑?
Seven thousand pounds?
对
As agreed.
在这还是在贝克街?
Here or at Baker's Street?
这里或贝克街
Here, Baker Street.
也许找一个中立的地方
Neutral ground perhaps.
第欧根尼俱乐部
The Diogenes club
你是它的会员吧?
you are a member?
可以吗?
May I?
告诉我这种突然的转变
Tell me this sudden turnabout
是你的建议吗?
was it on your advice?
我不能让我的委托人听天由命
I could not abandon my client to her fate
米尔沃顿先生 你胜利了
Mr. Milverton. You are the victor.
真是天赐的芳香
What a divine fragrance.
我去世的丈夫和我 就是她第二个家
My late husband and I were something of a second family to her
所以你明白我的忧虑了?
so you see my concern?
那个勒索她的人?
This man who is blackmailing her?
查尔斯·奥古斯特·米尔沃顿
Charles Augustus Milverton
他是个画商
he's an arts dealer.
是的
Yes.
我听说过他
I've heard of him.
他收集流言
He's well placed to hear the gossip
然后作恶
and do his worst.
福尔摩斯先生怎么想?
What view does Mr. Holmes take of it?
他自有主张
Well I'm sure he has something in mind
但是他经常是最后才让我知道
but he seldom confides in me till the last minute.
福尔摩斯
Awe Holmes.
斯温斯特德女士很关心这件事
Lady Swinstead is fully primed for the situation.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表