我担心死了
I'm dreading it.
如果你愿意让我全权代理
If you will place yourself in my hands
我会通知米尔沃顿先生
I'll inform Mr. Milverton
你授权让我和他见面
that you've commissioned me to meet him
让我尽量谈到最好的条件?
to make the best terms that I can huh?
我积蓄有限 福尔摩斯先生
I have limited resources Mr. Holmes.
但足够我去和他讨价还价了
But enough for me to bargain with
我不能空着手去
I cannot approach him empty handed.
可以了
Good.
可以了
Good.
谢谢你
Thank you.
为我向您的教母问好
My best wishes to your Godmother.
伊娃小姐
Lady Eva?
你必须相信福尔摩斯先生
You must trust Mr. Holmes
和他的方法
and his methods.
完全地信任
Absolutely.
哈德森太太会送你出门
Mrs. Hudson will see you out.
那位年轻女士 福尔摩斯
That young lady, Holmes,
显然得到了极大的关照
must be treated with infinite care
一点都不像你最近其它的恶作剧
unlike your other recent escapade.
华生
Oh Watson,
她能独自前来已经是鼓足了勇气
it took some nerve for her to come here alone.
我相信伊娃小姐
It is my belief that Lady Eva
和米尔沃顿的侍女
and the Milverton housemaid
有某个共同点
have something in common.
是什么呢?
And what is that?
活力
Juice.
华生 活力
Watson juice
在面对逆境的时候
in the face of adversity.
现在 米尔沃顿先生
Now Mr. Milverton.
唉呦 唉呦 唉呦
Well, well, well.
伊娃?
Eva?
伊娃?
Eva?
伊娃?
Eva?
伊娃?
Eva?
洛蒂
Lottie.
真高兴见到你
I am so glad to see you.
巴黎不是答案
Paris wasn't the answer.
找到你真不容易
You've been hard to find.
你在干什么?
What were you doing?
我睡着了
I fell asleep.
约翰逊告诉了我你叔叔查尔斯的事
Johnson told me about your Uncle Charles.
我很遗憾
I'm so sorry.
我留在这里是为了安慰戴安娜 但是
I stayed here to comfort Diana but
这房♥子太悲伤了
this house is so sad.
我们6点半再登门
We'll call again at 6:30.
C.A.M
C-A-M.
你准备好了吗?
You ready?
是的
Yes.
夏洛克 福尔摩斯先生
Mr. Sherlock Holmes.
这位先生… 这样谨慎吗?
This gentlemen is it discreet?
华生是我的朋友和搭档
Dr. Watson is my friend and partner.
纯粹出于对你委托人利益的考虑
It is purely in the interest of your client
我表示反对
that I protest it.
这件事很棘手
The matter is so very delicate.
华生医生已经想到这点了
Dr. Watson has already thought of that.
请允许我?
May I?
谢谢
Oh thank you.
那我们就来谈买♥♥卖♥♥吧
Then we may proceed to business.
你在你的留言里说
You said in your note
你是伊娃女士的全权代表
that you are acting for the Lady Eva,
那你有权接受我的条件吗?
are you empowered to accept my terms?
你的条件是什么?
What are your terms?
7000磅?
Seven thousand pounds?
另一种选择呢?
And the alternative?
亲爱的先生
My dear sir,
讨论这个我很不好受
it is painful for me to discuss it
但是我可以说
but I can say
这是出于极为慎重的考量
that all of this is done with most careful consideration
如果在14日那天没有付钱
and if the money is not paid on the 14th then there certainly
那么18日那天也不会有什么婚礼
will be no marriage on the 1 8th.
我们当然熟悉那些信的内容
We are, of course, familiar with the contents of these letters.
我们会建议我们的委托人
We shall advise our client
把整个故事告诉她未来的丈夫
to tell her future husband the whole story
相信他的宽宏大量
and trust to his generosity.
那你显然是不了解伯爵的为人
Well then you evidently do not know the Earl.
那些信里到底有什么能伤人的地方
What harm is there in these letters?
遣词很活泼
They are sprightly
非常活泼
very sprightly.
女士是位有文笔的写信人
The lady was a charming correspondent.
但是我向你保证多佛考特伯爵
But I assure you the Earl of Dovercourt
不会欣赏它们
will fail to appreciate them.
不过 如果你不这么想
However, if you think otherwise,
这不过是桩生意
it's purely a matter of business.
如果你认为这对你的委托人是最好的
If you think it in the best interests of your client
那掏出那么一大笔钱的确太蠢了
then it would indeed be foolish to pay so large a sum of money.
你说得太快了
You go too fast.
在这么一件棘手的事上
We would certainly make every effort
我们当然是要尽力避免丑闻
to avoid scandal in so delicate a matter.
我肯定你也是这么想的
I felt sure that you see it in that light.
你这该死的
Damn you.
伊娃小姐不是个富有的人
Lady Eva is not a wealthy woman.
2000英镑
Two thousand pounds
是她所有的积蓄
would be total drain on her resources.
你说的那个数字她完全负担不起
The sum you named utterly beyond her power.
让我们以这个价钱赎回信吧
Return the letters at the price we indicate,
我向你保证
I assure you,
这是你能拿到的最高价
it is the highest you can get.
你说那是小姐的所有积蓄也许是真的
What you say maybe true of the lady's resources
但是一旦结婚
but the surely the occasion of her marriage
不正是她的朋友和亲人
is it not a proper time for her friends and relations
助她一臂之力的时候吗?
to make some little effort on her behalf?
他们可能正犹豫送什么结婚礼物
They may hesitate as to an acceptable wedding present
但是这一扎信
but this little bundle of letters
带了的余兴
would bring more joy
将远多于伦敦所有的宴会
than all the candelabras and butter dishes in London
不是吗?
wouldn't it?
这不可能
It is not possible.
啊 天哪
Oh dear me then.
真是不幸啊
How very unfortunate.
我觉得小姐们都被糟糕地建议
I cannot help feeling that ladies are ill
不要去做什么尝试
advised in not making an effort.
看看这个
Look at this.
这个属于
This belongs to,
也许不该告诉你们这是属于谁的
well perhaps it's hardly fair to tell you to whom it belongs
直到明天早上它们到女士的丈夫手中
until tomorrow morning when it will be in the hands of the lady's husband.
只是因为她筹不到这么一点小钱
And all because she will not find a beggarly sum
原本是很容易办到的事
which she could easily do
只要把她的一些钻石换成人工珠宝的就行
simply by turning some of her diamonds into paste.
多么可惜啊
It is such a pity!
你或许在最近的晨报上
You may have noticed a small paragraph
注意到一篇短讯
recently in the Morning Post.
尊贵的迈尔斯小姐和多金上校
The sudden end of the engagement
突然终止了彼此的婚约
between the Honorable Miss Miles and Colonel Dorking?
是啊 真是个不幸的结局
Yes and it's tragic consequences.
你也可以把它称为谋杀
You can almost call it murder.
你怎么回应此事呢 米尔沃顿先生?
How do you answer for that Mr. Milverton?
在那种情形下
How a man conducts himself
一个人做出怎样的行为
under such circumstances
都是他自己的决定
is a matter for himself alone.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表