剧集 | 河谷镇 | 导航列表
对此 我不置疑
Of that, I have no doubt.
这其实让我想起了和我父亲的关系
It actually reminds me my own relationship with my father.
他也不支持你的事业
He didn't approve of your business either.
这还是说轻的
To put it mildly.
他现在在哪
Where is he now?
说来话长
Therein lies a tale.
纽约市
1988年
擦完了
All done.
不敢相信 我一定是把钱包
I don't believe it. I must have left my wallet
落在另一件夹克里了
in my other jacket.
没事 下次付我双倍就行了
It's okay. Just pay me double next time.
不不不
No, no, no.
跟你说
Tell you what.
我有比现金更好的东西
I got something better than cash.
我的朋友 这是钯
That, my friend, is palladium.
是比黄金更值钱的贵金属
It's precious metal worth more than gold.
单单这一小块能给你赚一百美元
That tiny piece alone would fetch you a hundred dollars.
你从哪弄来的
Where'd you get it?
一个老朋友告诉我
An old buddy of mine told me
北边的洛克兰郡
that there are whole, unmined
一个叫河谷镇的小镇
veins of palladium
有一整片未开采的钯矿脉
upstate in a small Rockland County town called Riverdale.
河谷镇 在甜水河边
Riverdale, on the Sweetwater River?
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
你往北去河谷镇 可能会改变你的人生
You head north to Riverdale, might just change your life.
河谷镇
第五季 第十二集
关于钯矿的许诺
The promise of buried palladium
引发了我父亲的遐想
had captured my father's imagination.
所以我们搬走了
So we moved.
我和父母搬去了河谷镇的公♥寓♥
Me, my father, my mother, to an apartment in Riverdale.
那里有钯吗
And was there Palladium?
那里有很多矿井
There were mines.
我父亲在其中一个找了份工作
My father got a job at one,
但六个月后
but after six months
那里发生了塌方
there was a collapse.
他幸存了下来
He survived.
但矿井被关闭了
But the mines were shut down.
没有钯吗
And no Palladium?
有传闻 但没有实证
Rumors of it. But no.
但我父亲决定让我们留在河谷镇
But my father decided we would stay in Riverdale,
实现我们的美国梦
make our American dreams come true.
我妈在老爹快餐店当服务员
My mom got a job waiting tables at Pop's.
而父亲和我捡起了老本行
While my father and I returned to our old line of work.
擦完了 五美元 先生
All done. Five dollars, sir.
你在开玩笑吧
You've gotta be joking.
前面还都是磨痕
There's still all scuffed up in front.
-我已经尽力了 先生 -还不够好 伙计
- I've done my best, sir. - Not good enough, pal.
你要付钱给我们
Hey, you need to pay us.
海梅 没事的
Hey, hey, Jaime. Just let it go.
只是擦一次 没事的
It's just one shine, that's all.
矿井塌方后 我父亲
After the mine collapsed, my father
看起来有点丧失斗志
seemed somehow diminished.
他眼中的光芒变得暗淡
The light in his eyes had dimmed.
那时 我们在老爹快餐店外摆了固定摊位
In time, we became fixtures outside of Pop's.
我们的客户群在增长
Our customer base grew.
我擦的鞋和父亲一样多
I was polishing just as many shoes as my father.
很好了 孩子
That's good enough, kid,
我不知道我能不能找开 先生
I don't know if I can make change for this, sir.
就当成你干得不错的小费吧
Consider it a tip for a job well done.
-谢谢你 先生 -没关系
- Thank you, sir. - Yeah, no problem.
听着
Listen...
如果你想挣点外快
if you're ever looking for a little extra work,
你来库奇纳·萨卡萨餐厅找我
you come see me at Cucina Sacasa.
我也许有工作给你做
I might have something for you.
晚安 先生们
Have a good evening, gentlemen.
别被骗了 海梅
Don't be fooled, Jaime.
那人是黑帮的
That man is a gangster.
他的钱都是黑心钱
His money is blood money, all right?
赫敏
Hey, Hermione.
每天你都可以约我 海梅
You can ask me out every day, Jaime.
但是我的答案永远都不会变
But my answer will always be the same.
-不行 -别这样 为什么呢
- No. - C'mon. Why not?
我母亲不允许
My mother sort of forbids it.
她说她不想我
She said she doesn't want me
和擦鞋匠的儿子约会
to date the son of a man who shines shoes for a living.
恕我冒昧 你妈妈在五季酒店里
With all due respect, your mom cleans toilets,
打扫厕所 换床单
and changes bed sheets at the Five Seasons.
有什么区别吗
What's the difference?
真的很对不起
I'm really sorry.
她只是希望我能得到最好的
She just wants what's best for me.
但不管怎么样 我真的认为你很帅
But for what it's worth, I do think you're cute.
赫敏的话让我感触很深
Hermione's words cut me to the bone.
只要我是擦鞋匠
As long as I shined shoes for a living,
我就是二等公民
I was a second-class citizen.
但是我拒绝接受这一点
But I refused to accept that.
我想为你工作 先生
I'd like to work for you, sir.
为什么
Why is that?
因为你有我没有的两样东西 金钱和尊重
Because you have two things I don't, money and respect.
不是尊重 孩子
It's not respect, kid.
是敬畏 区别很大
It's fear. There's big difference.
那我也想要让人敬畏
Then I want to be feared, too.
-你叫什么 -海梅·卢纳 先生
- What's your name? - Jaime Luna, sir.
我叫维托里奥·奥托 我的朋友都叫我维托
I'm Vittorio Alto. My friends call me Vito.
你♥爸♥爸知道你来找我吗
Your pop know you came to see me?
不知道 先生
No, sir.
你很有胆识 孩子
You got guts, kid.
好吧
All right.
我有东西需要你送
I got a delivery for you to make.
你可以做到吗
Think you can handle it?
可以 先生
Yes, sir.
当然可以
Absolutely certain.
-什么事 -维托·奥托叫我送东西来
- What do you want? - I have a delivery from Vito Alto.
很好
Good.
你看起来不像是维托的员工
Now you don't look like one of Vito's typical employees.
-你叫什么 -我叫海梅·卢纳
- What's your name? - Jaime Luna.
你们这些人干活多 挣钱少
You people. You work twice as fast for half the pay.
这是给维托的
This is for Vito.
谢谢你 孩子 有问题吗
Thanks, kid. Any problems?
我送货的那个人说了几句
The guy I made the delivery to made some comments
和我背景有关的话 让我听着不舒服
that didn't sit well with me, about my background.
关于我的出身
You know, where I come from.
坐下聊聊吧
Join me.
那个人叫路易斯
This guy, that's Louis.
大家都知道路易斯就是个小丑
Everybody knows Louie's a clown.
别往心里去
You don't take that personally.
我尽量不去想 但有时他的话会让我很生气
I try not to, but sometimes it makes me really angry.
还是那句话 保持冷静
Still, you kept your cool.
在这一行 冷静意味着一切
And on this business that means everything.
-明白吗 -明白 先生
- You understand me? - Yes, sir.
振作起来 孩子
Cheer up, kid.
这是你赚钱赚得最轻松的一次
This is the easiest money you ever gonna make.
而且还会有更多
And there's plenty more...
如果你想继续帮我送货的话
if you wanna keep making deliveries.
-包在我身上 老大 -好孩子
- You can count on me, boss. - Good boy.
维托说得对
Vito was right.
我送货一周赚到的钱
The money I earned delivering packages in one week
远远高于我两个月擦鞋子赚到的钱
eclipsed what I would have made shining shoes for two months.
说金钱买♥♥不到快乐的人是笨蛋
Whoever said money couldn't buy happiness was a sucker.
爸
Hey, Pop.
这几天都没看到你 你去哪了
Haven't seen much of you these days. Where you been?
剧集 | 河谷镇 | 导航列表