剧集 | 低俗怪谈(2014) | 导航列表
Not without thought.
要经过思考
Let them work on you.
感受牌的力量
Look into my eyes.
看着我
Believe.
要相信
Was he tempted?
他动心了吗
Intrigued, I would say.
应该说是好奇
Then he'll be back.
那他就会回来
He's intending to leave town. He won't.
他要离开这里 不会的
We won't let him.
我们不会放他走的
I require you in an hour.
一小时后来找我
We have an appointment.
要出去办事
Where are we going?
去哪
Amongst the dead things.
去死物之中
Mother and daughter butchered in east end horror!
东区母女惨遭开膛
Westminster Guardian.
《威斯敏斯特卫报》
Only a penny!
只要一便士
Sir.
先生
Sir Malcolm Murray is outside.
马尔科姆·穆雷爵士在外面
The Malcolm Murray?
那位马尔科姆·穆雷吗
I'm extravagantly pleased. Do show him in.
真是受宠若惊 请他进来
And stand up straight, Felix!
站直点 菲力克斯
You look like an orangutan!
你看着跟猩猩似的
Mr. Lyle.
莱尔先生
Sir Malcolm. Oh it is you.
马尔科姆爵士 果然是您
The photograph in your book does you no justice, but do they ever?
书中的照片远不及本人英武 但照片可不都那样
Say you will inscribe it for me? Say you will.
您可一定要给我写个题献啊
Your book, I mean. And something deeply personal.
就在您的书上写些亲密点的致辞
It will be an pleasure. This is Miss Vanessa Ives.
荣幸之极 这位是温妮莎·艾芙斯小姐
Could I be more charmed! No, I could not.
真是幸会幸会
And what brings you to the humble
二位大驾光临
confines of Department of Egyptian and Assyrian antiquities...
埃及与亚述古物研究处 有何贵干
Really, it's only Egyptian.
其实我们只研究埃及
We don't quite approve the Assyrians, do we?
我们可不太喜欢亚述人 对吧
Sit down, do.
请坐吧
What are these?
这些是什么
Carrion beetles.
食腐甲虫
We employ them when the usual solvents are are deemed too abrasive.
普通溶剂磨蚀太强时就用它们
They eat the flesh, don't you know.
你知道吗 它们是食肉的
Sorry, my dear, it's a bit ghoulish to the layperson.
不好意思 亲爱的 对外行人来说有点吓人吧
Very exotic. Where do they come from?
是国外引进的吧 哪国的
Actually, Waveney, in Suffolk.
就是萨福克郡的韦弗尼
Not exotic at all.
不是国外引进的啊
Mr. Lyle, I was hoping you could assist me.
莱尔先生 我想请你帮个忙
I've a bit of hieroglyphics in need of translating.
我有些象形文字需要翻译
These aren't from a scroll. What are they?
这不是卷轴里的文字 这是什么
They're from a tattoo on a corpse.
是一具尸体的纹身
Oh, that's outre.
还真诡异
What have you got for me then?
我来看看这是什么
Late hieratic script.
晚期僧侣体手迹
18th dynasty, perhaps earlier.
埃及第十八王朝 也许更早
It's a standard funerary text.
这是一篇标准祭文
Conjoined in this fashion, they translate roughly
这样看来 这里面大体说的是
to an idea meaning "Blood cure" or "Blood transformation."
一种叫"血液治疗"或"血液转化"的东西
Although there's a theory it's something
不过有种理论认为
more along the lines of a malediction:
这更像是一种诅咒
"A blood curse."
"血之诅咒"
Trust me, those Egyptians were a bit madcap
相信我 那些埃及人在细节处理上
when it came to specifics.
非常狂妄不羁
It's all very metaphoric.
用的都是隐喻
Are there more of these?
你还有其它相片吗
Yes.
有
I should like to see them, but not here.
我想看看 但不是在这里
The British Museum is no place
大英博物馆毕竟不是
for actual scholarship, after all.
做学问的地方
Perish the thought.
先别想这事了
And before I engage in professional matters,
在做正事之前
I feel it is vital to engage in social congress.
我觉得最好先增进彼此了解
Get to know the sort of
得知道一下
people one is working with, you understand?
自己要跟什么人合作 对吧
My wife and I entertain on occasion.
我和我妻子偶尔会宴客
Lavishly, you can be sure, as she's absurdly rich.
因为她富得流油 宴会一定奢华无比
We're having a little fete, Friday next.
我们下周五就会举办一场宴会
Perhaps you and Miss Ives could join us?
您和艾芙斯小姐能赏光出席吗
This is a matter of some urgency.
此事事态紧急
Good heavens, Sir Malcolm,
天哪 马尔科姆爵士
there hasn't been anything urgent about the Egyptians for 2000 years.
两千年来 埃及人有什么急事了
And I'm dreadfully busy now, you understand.
而且我现在很忙
Ever so many papyri to translate.
有很多纸莎草纸要译
Isn't that a delicious word? Papyri.
这个词是不是特别可口 纸莎草纸
Sounds like something eaten by little Persian boys, doesn't it?
听起来就像是波斯小男孩的食物 对吧
So I shall see you Friday next.
那我们下周五见
As you say.
如你所愿
Grand. It's resolved.
那就这么说定了
Bring the rest of the photographs with you
把其它相片一起带来
and we'll take a peek.
我们到时再看
Entre nous, don't you know?
要保密哦 知道吗
Such an infinite pleasure meeting you both.
很高兴见到你们
Our pleasure, Mr. Lyle.
我们也是 莱尔先生
Good day, good day.
再见
I do assume you know the source of the writing?
你们应该知道那些文字出自哪里吧
No.
不知道
It's from the Egyptian Book of the Dead.
是埃及《亡灵书》
Keep clear.
都让开
Stay there.
别靠近
Look at that blood. Think they suffered much?
看看那些血啊 不知道他们死时痛不痛苦
Bloody right, they did. And that little girl too.
肯定很痛苦啊 还有那个小姑娘
She was expecting another, you know.
她又怀孕了
Stand back! Don't say it.
退后 别说了
Just starting to show. Picking out names, she was.
刚出现妊娠反应 还在挑孩子的名字呢
Is it the Ripper come back? Who else but old Jack?
是开膛手回来了吗 除了老杰克还能有谁
Damn him that did it. Right to hell.
他真该下地狱
A delivery for you. From sir Malcolm Murray.
我为马尔科姆·穆雷爵士给你送东西
Concentrating around the north side,
在北方集中火力
and then moving slowly South, here.
然后慢慢向南方行进
That's right.
没错
Sir Malcolm. Doctor.
马尔科姆爵士 博士
So you're the explorer?
您是探索者
I've made one or two modest discoveries.
我有过那么一两次小发现吧
There's a Murray Mountain in the eastern regions
如果你正好去比属刚果的话
of the Belgian Congo, if you're ever in the vicinity.
东部有座穆雷山就是以我命名的
Not the tallest Mountain, to be sure,
肯定不是最高的山
but not the smallest either.
但也不是最矮的
I've spent most of my life in Africa,
我在非洲待了大半辈子
beholding wonders.
见证着奇迹
I was surprised to get your note.
收到您的邀请我很惊讶
You seem a man who holds his secrets fast.
您像是紧紧守住自己秘密的人
I wasn't going to come.
我本不打算来的
But you couldn't resist.
但你忍♥不住
When you see a river,
你看到河流
you must follow it to its source,
就必须追本溯源
no matter the perils,
不顾危险
no matter those comrades that fall along the way.
也不管会牺牲多少同伴
You must know how things work. You must unlock.
你必须搞清楚事物的运作 你必须解密
You are dissatisfied always.
你总是不满
Are you dissatisfied?
那你呢
I'm seeking. What?
我在寻找 找什么
Perhaps the same as you.
也许跟你一样
Mm, I seek the truth.
我寻求真♥相♥
Ah, you're a very young man.
你太年轻
I've long since learned that truth is mutable.
我早已看透真♥相♥无常
剧集 | 低俗怪谈(2014) | 导航列表