剧集 | 低俗怪谈(2014) | 导航列表
Previously on Penny Dreadful...
《英国恐怖故事》前情提要
Man does not live only in the empirical world.
人不能总活在现实里
We must seek the ephemeral.
我们必须追求瞬间灿烂
Dr. Frankenstein,
弗兰肯斯坦博士
thank you for coming.
谢谢你前来
Life and death,
生和死
the flicker that separates one from the other.
就在那电光火石的一刹那
Everything else is insignificant.
其他全都无关紧要
Our young doctor has a secret.
这位年轻博士有秘密
How about dinner tonight? Anywhere but here.
那今晚吃晚餐怎样 别是这儿就行
I don't know London much.
我对伦敦不太熟悉
I do.
我熟
Mina?
米娜
She came to me. There was such a need in her eyes,
她来找我了 她的眼中的确透露出这样的渴求
and then something monstrous.
但接着邪恶的力量就出现了
Father, Mina's waiting.
父亲 米娜在等你
It's so cold and dark and wet like the jungle.
如丛林般湿冷阴暗
I am crying. I am so afraid, Father.
我在哭 我害怕 父亲
Save me! Save me!
救我 救我
This is the spell foretelling the coming of the beast.
这是一个预言野兽侵袭的咒语
Amunet, Amun-Ra conjoined.
埃莫奈特和阿蒙拉结合
I would not tell Miss Ives this.
我就不会把这事告诉艾芙斯小姐
Who wants to know they're hunted by the devil?
谁想知道自己会被恶魔追杀呢
Who the fuck are you people?
你们究竟是什么人
A wise man would walk away from this house
明智的人会转身离开
and forget everything that occurred.
忘掉昨晚所有的事
That sounds like a warning.
你是在警告我吗
It's an invitation.
是邀请
As you grow up,
等你长大了
you'll learn we all do things which cause us shame.
就会明白我们都会做让自己羞愧的事
Your firstborn has returned...
你的长子回来了
Father.
父亲
There was a time when meadow, grove, and stream
曾几何时 草地 林木 溪流
The earth, and every common sight
大地 所有寻常的景致
To me did seem
在我眼中
Apparell'd in celestial light
都熠着天国的光辉
The glory and the freshness of a dream
如梦般辉煌灿烂
It is not now as it hath been of yore
可如今韶华不再
Turn wheresoe'er I may
无论我去往何处
By night or day
无论是白天黑夜
The things which I have seen I now can see no more
曾经的光景已不在
Victor, I'm sorry about Bradshaw,
维克多 布拉德肖的事我很遗憾
he was a good dog.
他是条好狗狗
When the poets write of death,
诗人描述死亡的时候
it's invariably serene.
总把死亡描述的那么平静
I wonder if that's what it is really.
不知是否真的如此
This death,
死亡
this ending of things.
事物的终结
Is it an ending though, Victor?
真的是终结吗 维克多
Or merely a movement?
抑或只是一个篇章
A gesture toward something else.
是去往他处的预备式
Toward heaven? Who can say?
去天堂吗 谁知道呢
There are some things we're not meant to know.
有些事凡人本就不该知道
Or know too soon, anyway.
至少不该这么早知道
I shall miss Bradshaw.
我会想念布拉德肖的
As will I.
我也是
'Tis just thee and me now.
现在只剩你和我了
Ourselves alone.
相依为命
Come away, Victor.
过来 维克多
Will she die today?
今天她会死吗
No, no, lad. Of course not.
不不 当然不会
Death is not serene.
死亡一点也不平静
We now commit the body of our sister, Caroline Frankenstein,
我们将我们的姐妹 卡罗琳·弗兰肯斯坦的尸体
to the ground.
埋入地下
Earth to Earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
尘归尘 土归土
Your firstborn has returned...
你的长子回来了
Father.
父亲
Did you think I wouldn't find you?
你以为我不会来找你吗
Did you imagine that I was dead?
你以为我死了吗
That I could die?
你以为我能死吗
You know better,
你心里有数
Frankenstein.
弗兰肯斯坦
I would seek you even unto the maelstrom of the blackest
哪怕深入至暗之夜的至黑风暴漩涡之中
tempest of the darkest night.
我都要找到你
Stand and face me!
站起来看着我
Look upon this face anew.
重新看看我的脸
Is it not well made?
创造得难道不好吗
Is the language not rich with felicity of expression?
我的辞藻难道不丰富吗
Are the eyes not alert?
双眼难道不炯炯有神吗
Are these not the eyes that you looked into...
这双眼睛 难道不是你曾经
once?
注视过的吗
Hear how I bled.
听听我的苦痛
That it was a difficult birth there can be no doubt.
毫无疑问 我的出生十分艰难
I was born in sheer, terrified agony.
我的出生 是纯粹而可怕的痛苦
But surely this was not the Protean man you'd envisioned.
我当然不是你设想的百变之人
This was not a golden triumph over mortality,
这绝不是战胜死亡的伟大胜利
This was abomination.
这是丑恶
No!
不
And so you fled.
于是你逃了
The first human action that I experienced was rejection.
人类给我的第一个反应 就是排斥
So do not wonder at my loathing of your species.
所以我对你们人类 必然充满厌恶
I waited.
我等了好久
But you did not return.
可你并没回来
Has there ever been a creature so alone? So utterly helpless?
这世上还曾有更孤独无助的生灵吗
Was every new-born creature abandoned the moment they were born?
每一个新生的生灵都是一出生就遭到抛弃的吗
Was this what life was?
生命就是如此吗
That upstairs window became my salvation and my tutor.
楼上的窗户拯救了我 教育了我
I learned how people were.
我谙识了人性
What the people of the village valued and what despised.
村里人看重什么 嫌弃什么
How animals were treated.
他们如何对待动物
There was no doubt in my mind that I was an animal.
在我心中毫不怀疑自己也是头动物
How could there be a doubt?
怎么会怀疑呢
Was it not a countenance made for predation?
这副尊容人人见了都喊打
Eventually I learned words.
后来我学会了语言
Your beloved volumes of poetry were my primers.
你挚爱的诗集启蒙了我
From your penciled notations
看你铅笔写的批注
I learned that you favored Wordsworth and the old Romantics.
我知道你最爱华兹华斯和古典浪漫派
No wonder you fled from me.
难怪你弃我而去
I am not a creation of the antique pastoral world.
我没有一丝古典的气质
I am modernity personified.
我浑身散发着现代的气息
Did you not know that's what you were creating?
你难道不知道自己创造的是什么吗
The modern age.
你创造了摩登时代
Did you really imagine that your modern creation
你真以为你的摩登造物
would hold to the values of Keats and Wordsworth?
还会秉承济慈和华兹华斯价值观吗
We are men of iron and mechanization now.
我们是金属和机械的一代
We are steam engines and turbines.
我们是蒸汽机和涡轮机的一代
Were you really so naive
你真的那么天真
to imagine that we'd see eternity in a daffodil?
以为我们在水仙花里能见永恒吗[华兹华斯诗句]
Who is the child, Frankenstein,
究竟谁是孩子 弗兰肯斯坦
thee or me?
你还是我
You ran from me once. Never again.
你逃离过我 不会有下次了
We are the Janus mask.
我们是双面神的面具
Inseparable.
不可分割
How could you do that?
你怎么能那样做
That?
那样
That?
那样
Aborting your child before it could know pain?
趁你的孩子不懂痛苦 给他个痛快吗
It is a mercy.
这是仁慈
You bore me for nothing but pain!
你创造了我 却只给了我痛苦
Vanessa...
温妮莎
剧集 | 低俗怪谈(2014) | 导航列表