剧集 | 低俗怪谈(2014) | 导航列表
I'm sure much edited for our ears.
不过想必是添油加醋过的
When we suddenly heard a cry...
突然一声大吼
Nyame.
那米
Peter's eyes would light up.
彼得听得两眼放光
Such a marvelous future he imagined alongside his father.
他幻想着跟父亲去探险
Before we knew it we were tangled up in ropes and nets,
我们还没反应过来 就被绳子和网缠住了
and there they were.
然后他们来了
Shouting, waving their spears, chanting, "Nyame! Nyame! Nyame!"
挥着长矛 边跳边吼 "那米 那米"
Nyame means "Meat."
那米就是肉
Flesh. Food. Us.
人肉 食物 我们
That's just awful.
真可怕
Shall we begin?
开始吧
But for all our kinship, my Mina,
米娜 虽然我们无比亲近
we were not completely alike.
却还是有些不同
The mysteries of my Catholic church were alien to you and your family.
我信奉天主教 你和你的家人却不以为然
Had I been older, I would have seen more.
我若早成熟些 就能看明白更多
Beneath the laughter,
隐藏在欢笑之下
beneath that great, easy outpouring of conversation,
在滔滔不绝的交谈中
it wasn't tension exactly, was it?
是紧张的气息吗
Not amongst two such congenial families.
你我两家世交 关系不会紧张
No.
不对
It was more a tremor of something.
更像是颤栗
Like words hollered down a bottomless pit
像是对着无底洞说话
that come back occluded and more complex.
回音沉闷 而更复杂
Adulthood, maybe.
大人就是这样吧
And on that terrible night, that night it happened,
那件事发生时 那个可怕的夜晚
did anything particularly important happen at the dinner?
晚宴发生什么重要的事了吗
No, not that I recall.
我记得没有
Honestly, I thought I was going to find you and Peter
说实话 我当时以为是你和彼得
around the next corner, playing some trick on me.
躲在拐角 跟我闹着玩
My mother.
我母亲
Your father.
你父亲
More than the shock,
除了震惊
the sinfulness, the forbidden act,
负罪感 禁忌感
there was this.
我居然
I enjoyed it.
还很享受
Something whispered.
谁在低语
I listened.
我听着
Perhaps it has always been there, this thing,
也许我身体里的恶魔
this demon inside me.
一直都在
Or behind my back, waiting for me to turn around.
也许就在我身后 等着我回头
I didn't tell you what I saw.
我没有告诉你我看到了什么
How could I?
我怎能告诉你
There was no need for you to grow up so fast.
你不需要那么快就长大
Tomorrow, we should go into town. Yes.
明天我们去城里吧 好的
You could not have endured it. Or so I told myself.
你会受不了的 至少我是这么告诉自己的
Perhaps I was just cherishing the secrecy of it as a hidden sin.
也许我只是喜欢有个秘密作为隐藏的罪孽
But in me, there was a change.
但我的内心悄然改变了
I marked it from that night in the hedge maze.
就从我去迷宫那晚开始 我变了
Perhaps it was always there.
也许我一向如此
Little acts of wickedness.
总做些邪恶的小事
Harmless, of course. Something any girl would do.
当然并无大碍 是些小姑娘都会做的事
I told myself it was no more than mischief.
我跟自己说 这些不过是恶作剧
But I knew it was more.
但我深知不止如此
Of course I did.
我当然清楚
**Cold blows the wind to my true love*
*冷风吹过我的真爱
**And gently drops the rain*
*雨水滴落
**I have never had but one true love*
*心许一人
**And in Greenwood he lay slain*
*他却他长眠绿茵公墓
And as we grew up, and you grew lovelier,
随着我们长大 你越来越漂亮
it was no wonder to me that you met your gentleman first.
自然你会先遇到真爱
Or that he had luxurious mustaches.
他当然也会有漂亮的胡子
Such a gallant young officer.
那青年军官真是俊俏
What a handsome couple you were.
你们真是无比般配的一对
Found you.
找到你们啦
Thank you.
谢谢
It was the season of Peter's inadequate beard,
那时候彼得嘴上毛都还没长全
I watched your courtship with Captain Branson flourish.
我看着你和布兰森上尉的感情越来越好
All the stratagems of advance and retreat.
看尽了你俩之间你进我退的招数
I always thought of myself as the stronger one.
我一直以为你我之中 我更坚强
But here, you were so valiant.
但你此时展现出的英勇
How could he not be conquered?
他又怎能不折服
I think you set your future at that table.
在那餐桌上 你的未来徐徐展开
He spoke of India and suddenly I saw you going.
他提起印度 我仿佛突然看到了你我的离别
When would I see you again?
那我何时才能再见到你啊
Isn't India so terribly far away?
印度难道不是远在天涯吗
What would I do?
我会怎么样
Marry Peter?
嫁给彼得吗
God, how I envied you.
天知道我有多羡慕你
Perhaps I even hated you.
也许还有点恨意
How was it possible that you, always so meek and obliging,
这怎么可能呢 你总是那么谦逊有礼
were to have this greatest of adventures before me?
如今却要先我一步踏上伟大的探险之旅了
You would know love, you would know a man's touch,
你将要经历爱情 体验男人的爱抚
while I, the courageous one, knew nothing of life.
而一向敢于闯荡的我 却还对生活一无所知
Mina, my dear.
米娜 亲爱的
Of course, he's a fine man. I've no doubt of that.
当然 他无疑是个好人
He'll make a proper husband.
会是个好丈夫的
But I hate to think of her out in India
但一想到她要去印度我就难受
with all that heat and those filthy wogs.
那里那么热 还都是中东黑佬
What do you think Africa will be like?
你觉得非洲会是什么样
Oh, God, Van. Don't mention that.
天哪 温 别提了
Every time I try and talk with father about it, he shies away.
我一和父亲提这个 他就岔开话题
Maybe you shouldn't ask anymore.
也许你就不该再提了
It's all I've ever dreamed about. You know that.
那是我的梦想 你知道的
My father and I off on an adventure,
跟父亲一同踏上探险之旅
blazing some daring new trail.
勇闯天涯立下丰功伟绩
Perhaps...
也许...
What?
怎么了
Perhaps then, I wouldn't be such a disappointment to him.
也许那时他就不会对我这么失望了
I was never the son he wanted.
我从来不是他想要的儿子
Always ill, never good at games.
总是病怏怏的 不善狩猎
A disappointment.
令人失望
He needed someone more like...
他想要的儿子得像...
Me?
像我一样吗
You'll be all alone when I go.
等我走了你就独自一人了
Mina in India, me with Father.
米娜在印度 我跟父亲在一起
That'll be sad for you.
你会很难过的
But I suppose...
不过我想...
The minister's coming at seven and mother wants us there.
牧师七点会到 母亲要我们准时到场
You know how she is about time.
你知道她的时间概念的
If I could only go back now,
如果能回到那一刻
I would run after him and say,
我会追上他说
"Don't go. Don't go to Africa.
"别走 别去非洲
You'll never survive, you're too weak.
你活不下来 你太脆弱
You're beautifully weak, Peter.
你脆弱得那么美 彼得
I love you for your weakness."
我爱你 正因为你的脆弱"
For at that moment, Mina, I saw the future crystal clear.
就在那一刻 米娜 我清楚看到了未来
I tried to pray that night. God didn't answer me.
那一夜我试着祈祷 上帝未给我回应
But another did.
却有他人答复了
Soon, child.
快了 孩子
What games we will have.
我们一定会玩得愉快
You were never happier than that weekend.
你从未像那个周末般开心
On the following morning you would be married.
次日一早你就将为人妇
One more night as Miss Mina Murray
在成为查尔斯·布兰森太太之前
before you became Mrs. Charles Branson.
做米娜·穆雷小姐的最后一夜
You didn't seem to mind this loss of self.
你似乎并不在意这种损失
Perhaps I minded it for you.
也许倒是我在替你介怀
You've found me out.
被你逮到了
Last night of freedom, eh?
自♥由♥生活的最后一夜啊
Would you like to see something interesting?
想看些有意思的吗
剧集 | 低俗怪谈(2014) | 导航列表