剧集 | 好想做一次(2020) | 导航列表
when I lost the French Open to Ivan Lendl in 1984.
输给伦德尔后颁奖时也这样
I'm gonna go find Ron.
我去找罗恩
Okay. I'll just stay here and kill myself.
好 我继续在这慢性自杀
Even though Devi was Indian,
即便德维是印度人
she didn't think of herself as Indian Indian like these girls,
她从不觉得自己和这些女孩一样这么印度化
which is a whole other thing.
完全是另一种风格
So sometimes she felt a little out of place.
所以有时她会觉得自己格格不入
They seem cool here,
她们在这看着很酷
but can you imagine how dorky they would look doing this anywhere else?
但你能想象在其他地方 这看起来多蠢吗
That's my sister, Preethi.
那是我姐姐普丽缇
Her Bollywood dance group was in the Macy's Day Parade
她的宝莱坞舞蹈团在梅西感恩节大游♥行♥时表演过
So who looks dorky now?
现在到底是谁蠢
Damn, Devi. Preethi's sister really schooled you. Read the room.
要命 德维 普丽缇妹妹教育了你 说话注意点吧
Harish. Devi, hey.
赫里斯 德维
I was hoping I'd see someone cool here.
我就想在这见到酷的人呢
Do you know if anyone like that is coming?
你知道有这样的人会来吗
Ouch, burn.
太损了你
So why are you at this lame-fest?
你来这无聊的地方干什么
Shouldn't you be at Stanford, like, playing frisbee with a computer?
你不该在斯坦福用电脑玩飞盘的吗
I actually really wanted to come.
我其实挺想来的
To Ganesh Puja?
来过甘尼许节
At a public high school in the Valley? Are you insane?
在山谷区里的高中 你疯了吗
Tell me the truth. Did they send you home on medical leave?
实话告诉我 你是不是请了病假回家
Are you suicidal from Accutane?
你是不是吃了祛痘药想自杀
No.
不是
Look, I know I used to clown on this every year,
我知道我每年都会拿这个节日打趣
but the truth is, I kinda miss puja.
但其实我挺想念过节的
Are you kidding?
开玩笑吧
When I get into Princeton, I'm never coming back.
我要是去了普林斯顿 绝不回来
I'm gonna be an atheist, who eats cheeseburgers every day
我会做个无神主义者 每天和白人男友
with my white boyfriend.
一起吃起司汉堡
I thought I'd be that way too,
我也曾这么想
but it was different when I went to college.
但上了大学就不一样了
My roommate, Nick, is Native American,
我室友尼克是印第安人
and he's so into being Native American.
他太喜欢自己的文化了
At first, I was like, "You're away from your parents.
一开始我还想"你离父母这么远了
You don't have to pretend to care about your ancestry or whatever."
没必要再假装在乎什么传统了"
But then he took me to their campus powwow.
可之后他带我去了他们的校园里的帕瓦仪式
No one was standing in the corner making fun of it.
没人会在一旁嘲笑自己的节日
They were dancing and chanting,
他们就是唱歌♥跳舞
and having a great time, and it made me think,
非常开心 让我不禁思考
"Why do I think it's so weird and embarrassing to be Indian?"
"为什么我会觉得作为印度人这么奇怪尴尬呢 "
Where do I start?
我该从哪说起呢
How about every single thing my mom has ever said and done?
因为我妈说的每句话和做的每件事
I just thought, "Am I gonna be this insecure Indian guy,
我就想"我要这样继续做一个不喜欢
who hates doing Indian things?"
自己文化的印度人吗 "
'Cause that's its own identity. It's just a shitty one.
因为这是我们的身份 很糟糕
Well, that's definitely not my identity.
好吧 我肯定不是这样的
I love being Indian.
我喜欢做印度人
Real convincing, Devi.
真是令人信服啊 德维
I look more comfortable being Indian.
我做印度人都比你看着自然
You need to spread Mohan's ashes.
你该撒莫汉的骨灰了
I spread my mother's in the fountain at the Bellagio.
我把我妈的骨灰撒到百乐宫的喷泉里了
She was a gambling addict.
她曾经有赌瘾
That's very touching, um...
这很感人...
I just haven't had the time.
我只是没时间
You know he cannot get into heaven until you accept his death?
你要是不接受他的死亡 他去不了天堂的
I meant to ask you. Later today,
我是想问你 今天晚点儿时候
you think you can look at a few skin tags? They're under my left breast.
能不能帮我看看我左胸下边的皮赘
I'm really looking forward to it. Yeah.
我很乐意帮忙 好的
I'll find you later.
我一会儿找你
This is Pandit Rajakrishnan,
这是祭司 拉杰克斯南
but everyone calls him Pandit Raj.
但大家都叫他拉杰祭司
He's the community spiritual leader and also really knows how to work a room.
他是协会的精神领袖 也很会活跃气氛
Now, everybody repeat after me.
现在大家跟我念
Just kidding. We'll do something easier.
开个玩笑 我们来点简单的
I like Pandit Raj. He's got a good energy.
我很喜欢拉杰祭司 他很有意思
Come forward.
上前来
Have you spoken to Ron yet?
你和罗恩说上话了吗
I've spent all morning kissing up to Sanchiti.
我一上午都在讨好萨吉蒂
I even told her I would Botox her armpits for free.
我甚至还答应给她的腋窝免费祛皱
Not yet. I can't find him.
还没 我没找到他
You can't find the one middle-aged white man
你在500个印度人里
in a group of 500 Indian people?
找不到一个中年白人吗
Come forward. We are ready for the next group.
上前来 我们准备好迎接下一组了
Give it to Pandit Raj. Nalini.
把这个给拉杰祭司 娜里妮
Thank you.
谢谢
Pray you get into Princeton.
祈祷考上普林斯顿
Don't waste your prayers on stupid things like world peace.
别浪费了你的愿望 求什么世界和平
Praying had always been hard for Devi.
祈祷对德维来说一直很艰难
It was so easy to get distracted.
很容易分心
First, she would start praying for the health of her mom and cousin,
起初她祈祷保佑母亲和表姐身体健康
but then would veer off, thinking about homework,
然后就走神了 开始想作业
or how in this kneeling position, she could smell her deodorant.
或者想这个跪着的姿势 可以闻到除臭剂的味道
So she really had to focus on what she wanted:
所以她必须要专心想着愿望
an acceptance letter from the college of her dreams...
梦想大学的录取通知书…
Princeton!
普林斯顿
a sudden maturing in certain areas of her body...
身体某个部位突然成熟…
Hey.
嘿
unexpected overtures from certain people at school...
来自学校里某个人突然的示好
I think I love you.
我想我爱上你了
...and hearing her mother say the thing she most longed for.
听到妈妈说她最想听到的话
I'm so proud of you.
真为你感到骄傲
And you can get your septum pierced.
你可以给鼻子打洞了
But this year was different.
可今年不同
She didn't want her usual things.
她不想要这些了
Don't miss.
别丢球
In your face.
厉害吧
She wanted something else.
她想要些别的
Have tika.
点上吉祥痣
Meanwhile, Kamala knew what exactly she was praying for.
此时卡玛拉也知道自己想要什么
For her fiance,xa0Prashant, to fall in love with someone in his doctorate program
希望她的未婚夫普拉桑特在芝加哥大学读博时
at the University of Chicago,
爱上别人
and for their engagement to be over.
那样就可以取消婚约
You do not wish to be married?
你不想结婚
Damn, Pandit Raj. That's spooky as hell. You're good.
天啊 拉杰祭司 这也太吓人了 你太厉害了
Your hair is so black.
你头发真黑啊
When my sister's husband died, she stopped coloring her hair.
我姐姐丈夫去世后 她就不再染发了
Well, I didn't want to let myself go completely.
我不想形象不保持形象了
Mohan wouldn't have wanted that.
莫汉也不会希望我那样的
You just don't want to give people the wrong idea.
还是不要引人误解比较好
What idea? That I love my husband less because my roots aren't showing?
误解什么 因为没有白头发我就不够爱我丈夫
Let's go inside.
我们进去吧
I heard Roopa got fat.
我听说鲁帕胖了
Bingo! White guy. College counselor Ron.
找到了 白人 大学咨♥询♥顾问罗恩
Go get him, Devi.
去搞定他 德维
Hey, are you Ron Hansen-Bhattacharyya?
你好 你是罗恩·汉森-巴特查里亚吗
Yes.
是的
It's so nice to meet you. My name is Devi Vishwakumar.
很高兴认识你 我叫德维·维什瓦库马尔
I'm a student at this high school, actually.
我其实是这个高中的学生
Oh, cool.
哦 好的
Sherman Oaks High is a good Ivy feeder school.
舍曼奧克斯高中是常春藤很好的生源校
Although the college counselor Susan is a joke.
就是大学顾问苏珊太差劲了
Yeah. She's also the lunch lady.
对 她还是食堂阿姨
So, she's got a lot on her plate.
她手头事情很多
I just wanted to say how interested I would be in procuring your services.
我想说我希望能获得你的服务
Your stats are amazing.
你的数据太惊人了
Well, I don't know. I mean, I...
过奖了 我是说...
only got 28 kids into Ivies last year, but I wanted 30.
我去年只送了28个学生到常春藤 我希望是30个的
The other two went to MIT,
另外两个去麻省理工了
剧集 | 好想做一次(2020) | 导航列表