剧集 | 败局启示录(2019) | 导航列表
别到时候再后悔啊"
you know, really screwed up?"
有一天他来找我 跟我说"杰克
And he told me one day, he goes, "Jackie," He goes,
你比NBA里的一些球员打得都好
"You're better than some of these guys in the NBA,
我安排你进选拔赛
I can get you a tryout.
去试试 怎么样"
What do you think?"
我说"不行 真不行
I said, "No, like, no way.
我可打不了NBA"
I'm... I can't play in the NBA."
他是体育馆里打球打得最好的
He was the best player in the gym.
同时呢
At the same time, you know, I...
他也因为他的一些行为
He polluted the gym, too,
给球馆带来了负面影响
with the way he acted.
当杰克脾气上来的时候
When Jackie had, you know, temper tantrums,
他就拿出他的假牙
he would take his teeth out...
把球高高地抛上屋顶
You know, he'd throw the ball, you know, up to the roof.
他确实有些问题
And so, he had problems.
毫无疑问 他身上时常带着酒味
There's no question, you know, and he smelled of alcohol.
杰克·瑞恩有好些日子都是这个状态
So, that was Jackie Ryan for quite a while.
在好几个联盟打过球之后
After playing in different leagues
比如西四街啊 等等的吧 都有球员啊
at West Fourth Street, wherever, I have players,
教练啊 跑来跟我说
I have coaches, coming up to me, as like,
"你应该在Y馆正经地打球啊哥们
"At Y you should be playing somewhere, man.
你这一天天的都干嘛呢 你应该好好打球的"
What are you doing? You should be playing somewhere."
所以我又回了Y馆找皮特
And so, I went back to Pete at the Y.
问他"皮特 你还能安排我去选拔赛吗"
I said, "Hey, Pete, can you still get me that try out?"
大♥陆♥航♥空♥运动馆
篮网队
篮网队嘛 就是那种
The Nets were, you know,
可以特许招募
that kind of a franchise that recruited
那些再就业的还有重返球场的球员
you know, retreads and recycles and all that stuff.
比尔·菲奇
新泽西篮网队主教练
我找到教练比尔·菲奇 请他帮忙
So, I went to Bill Fitch, the coach, and asked him.
我跟他讲了关于杰克的事 我说
I told him all about him. I said, "You know,
"我不会给你介绍不会打球的人的"
I'm not giving you somebody who can't play."
菲奇教练说过
Coach Fitch had said,
"皮特·威斯赛给我打电♥话♥说
"Pete Vescey called me,
里克·卡莱尔
新泽西篮网队前助理教练
让我帮他一个忙
and he asked for a favor.
他给我介绍了一个人 杰克·瑞恩"
He's got this guy, Jackie Ryan"
我以前也给他介绍过几次球员
I'd done that a number of times,
但都跟杰克不是一个水平
but not on Jackie's level.
杰克也没个简历
Jackie had no resume
他...你懂的 他就是个在公园打球的
He, you know, he was just a park guy.
乍一听杰克·瑞恩这名字
You hear the name Jackie Ryan,
我还以为是个正经的运动员
I was expecting a really athletic,
可能是个黑人
perhaps African-American guy.
然而走进来一看
And here comes this guy walking in.
他就是个小个子白人 晒得黑黑的 金发
He's this little, white guy with a tan, blond hair.
穿了个背心
He had a tank top on.
看起来像刚从加利福尼亚的雷东多海滩
He looked like he just walked off a volleyball match
打完排球过来的
in Redondo Beach, California.
教练问
So Coach said,
"那就是杰克·瑞恩"
"That's Jackie Ryan?"
我回答
I said,
"这就是杰克·瑞恩"
"That's Jackie Ryan?!"
外表确实很具有欺骗性
Just to give you an idea how deceiving looks can be,
他就是典型例证
he more than held his own.
这哥们能上分能进攻
The guy could score, he could make plays.
加入球队后一切都得从训练开始
It started out doing drills,
包括运球训练 投篮训练
y'know, dribbling drills, shooting drills.
我就是要确保每投必中
And I'm like, I'm making sure I hit every shot.
我还记得训练的第一天
I remember the first day,
他们让我们
they made us do...
顺着场地边缘做弓箭步
lunges from one side to the other,
来来回♥回♥地做 我都数不清做了多少个
back and forth, I don't know how many times.
我从没做过弓步
I never did a lunge in my life.
所以 我第二次往下蹲的时候
So, I'm going down the second time
腿都在打颤
and my legs are wobbling.
在新人营里 你寻找的是
In a rookie camp situation, you're looking for guys,
那种能长♥期♥坚持
you know, that have long-term promise,
有发展空间的人
you know, that could develop and stuff like that.
杰克不是那种类型
Jackie wasn't fitting the mold.
我甚至无法移♥动♥
I couldn't even move.
而现在 我们又在做相同的训练
And so now, we're doing all the drills again.
这样跟你说吧 我的腿疼得要命
I'm telling you, my legs are killing me.
而且当我踩到线的时候
And as I step on a line,
我还要再返回
I'm also turning to come back,
我感觉我的膝盖"嘭"了一下
and I felt "pop" in my knee.
差点要了我的命
And my knee was killing me.
正式比赛和
There's a very big difference between competing,
在公园打街头篮球赛可大不相同
you know, on the park, you know, playing street-ball against,
正式比赛的球员
you know, those kinds of players,
都是来自有组织的NBA训练营
and then coming in a structured NBA camp
而且他们那种运动员
and, you know, having that kind of athlete
时刻警惕着你
staring you in the face.
根据杰克的学分来看
To Jackie's credit,
他是能够通过整个训练的
he was able to get through the entire camp.
最后一天 也就是我生日那天
The last day, on my birthday,
1990年7月27日 周五 我被踢了
Friday, July 27, 1990, I got cut.
比尔·菲奇朝我走过来说
Bill Fitch came over to me and said, you know,
"你这次混不过去了"
"You're not gonna make it this time around."
所以 就这样了
And so, that was that.
这是最让人难以接受的消息
That was the hardest news to swallow.
我觉得杰克当时的感觉是
And, I think Jackie felt,
"我现在做什么呢"
"What do I do now?"
天呐 这个消息让我无法呼吸
Man, it just took all the air out of me.
太伤人了 太伤人了
That hurt, that hurt.
如果杰克
If Jackie had
从一开始就拿出正常球员的态度
come with the attitude from the get-go
也像他们一样发展的话
and developed, you know, like a normal...player,
他本来能成为职业选手的
could've been a pro.
这一点在我心中是毋庸置疑的
There's no doubt in my mind.
如果杰克·瑞恩没走弯路的话
If Jackie Ryan had played it straight,
能安安稳稳待在学校
I've been able to stay in school,
能坚持下去并且留在队里
been able to hold the line and stay on teams,
他会成为NBA的一员吗
could he have played in the NBA?
我觉得答案是肯定的
I think the answer is yes.
99%的人在公园看到的杰克
You know, 99% of the people saw Jack
都是快乐的
at the park very happy,
很有魅力的
very charismatic, you know.
但当大家回家后
But very few people saw Jack
几乎没人见过在那之后的杰克
whenever body went home,
结束之后他会做什么呢
what he did after that, you know?
他回家
He went home,
很有可能是喝酒解忧
probably drank his blues away, you know,
一直喝到第二天
all the way till the next day,
相当可悲
which is pretty sad.
那是他一生中最黑暗的时刻
It...it was the darkest moment of his life.
那个时候一切都不如意
Just nothing was going right at that time.
我父亲去世了
My dad passed away.
那时候 我30好几了
So now, I'm in my mid-30s.
妈妈还在帮我付房♥租
My mom's helping me pay the rent.
我知道我的兄弟姐妹
And I know my brothers and sisters
去我妈那里会说 "妈妈
went to my mom and they said,"Mom,
你该放手了
you gotta let him go.
你不能一直帮他付房♥租 他都35岁了"
You can't be paying his rent, he's 35 years old."
除夕那天
It's New Year's Eve.
也就是1996到1997的跨年夜
We're going from 1996 to 1997.
我口袋里只剩下大概一百块
I have, like, $15 in my pocket.
我朋友是调酒师
My friend was bartending.
我往吧台上丢了十美元就开始喝酒
And, you know, I throw ten bucks up on the bar and I drink.
啤酒
午夜来临 大家都在亲吻
剧集 | 败局启示录(2019) | 导航列表