剧集 | 败局启示录(2019) | 导航列表
were from really rough areas in New York City at the time.
上约翰杰高中可不是闹着玩的
You didn't really mess with going to John Jay.
暴脾气
我去那上学 我想打篮球
So, I get there, I wanna play basketball,
于是参加了选拔赛
I try out for the team.
杰克是学校里仅有的几个白人孩子之一
Jack was pretty much one of the few white kids in the school.
然而不单单是白人孩子
But, no, not only a white kid,
而且是会打篮球的白人孩子
but a kid that can play basketball.
1979年 我们对阵男子中学
Nineteen seventy-nine, we were playing against Boys' High.
当时男子中学在全国名列前茅
Boys' High was ranked in the nation at the time.
场地座无虚席
And the place is packed.
我记得应该是我 我的好基友土克
I think it was me, my friend Turk
以及教练是整个运动馆唯三的白人
and the coach were the only white guys in the gym.
我环顾四周 心里想道
And I'm looking around, I'm like,
"是时候展现真正的技术了"
"I'm gonna turn this shit up."
于是我
I go down...
嘭
Boom!
我开始疯狂灌篮
I start dunking the ball like crazy.
我用了杰克·瑞恩放荡式灌篮 抓住篮筐
I do the Jackie Ryan funk dunk, grab the rim,
从脖子后面反手灌篮 嘭
come cuff it behind my neck. Boom!
然后 解说员说
Now, the guy on the mic is like,
"杰克 请不要抓篮筐"
"Jack, please stay off the rims."
杰克已经拿了35还是40分
Jack's already approaching, like, 35, 40 points
搞得观众群情激愤
and he really got the crowd going.
对手就要打败我们了
They wound up killing us.
我很生气 我们要被打败了
I was mad that we were getting killed.
已经是第四节了
It's the fourth quarter.
我站在罚球线罚球
I'm at the foul line taking foul shots
观众席上有个人♥大♥喊
and somebody in the stands yells out,
"你个垃圾 白人男孩" 还是什么的
like, "You suck, white boy," or whatever.
他站在罚球线上脱下裤子露出屁♥股♥
He puts his pants down, he's butt-naked on the free throw line,
他拨弄假牙 发出咯哒咯哒的声音
takes his teeth out and starts chattering, you know.
结果被赶下场
Gets thrown out of the game.
打篮球时 我不能搞砸
Playing basketball, I cannot screw up.
如果我搞砸了 我会疯掉
And if I did, I would lose my mind
因为我把一切都寄托在篮球上
because I put so much into that
而篮球以外的东西我都搞砸了
and everything else was screwed up.
我记得我总是发脾气
I remember always having a temper
因为不自信
because of low self-esteem,
因为别人总是说我做错了
being told that I'm doing something wrong all the time.
我心里压抑着愤怒
I had all this anger in me.
他很容易生气
He was very easily ticked off, you know?
要是有人盖了他的帽
If somebody blocked the shot
或是抄截了他的球什么的
or somebody stole the ball from him or whatever,
那一晚就完了
the night could be over.
他会把球场弄得满是垃圾
He'd throw garbage all over the courts,
举起自行车
take the bicycles and
到处乱扔 弄得乱七八糟
throw them all over the place and just make a mess.
把篮球踢到公路上
Kick the basketball onto the highway.
如果你听到有人说你是无名小卒 你一文不值
If you hear that you're nobody, you're worthless,
过不了多久 你也会这么觉得
after a while, you start believing it.
一旦你信了 你就会表现得像废物一样
Y'know, and when you start believing it, you start acting it.
然后...你就会真的变成废物
And then you start... becoming it.
名誉
卢·卡内塞卡
获胜500多场 圣约翰大学教练
卢·卡内塞卡是纽约
Lou Carnesecca was a New York City icon,
篮球圈的大名人
as far as basketball goes.
他是圣约翰大学的总教练
He was the head coach of St. John's.
有一次比赛
We played a game...
卡内塞卡为了看他来现场观赛
where Carnesecca came personally to watch him.
卡内塞卡要来的消息不胫而走
Word gets out that Carnesecca's coming.
观众席满到只能站着
It was standing-room only.
我上场比赛 拿了44分
And I go out there and I had 44 points,
但是我只有三四个球没投进
but I only missed, like, three or four shots.
卡内塞卡说
Carnesecca was like, "Yeah,
"他大概是我这辈子见到的
this is probably the best shooter
最好的投球手"
that I've ever seen in my life."
那太好了
So, that was great.
然后
Then after that,
他的助手总是来看我的高中篮球比赛
his assistants would come to my high school games.
接着 突然间
And then, all of a sudden,
他们就不来了
they disappeared.
杰克犯了很多小错误
Jack had a lot of slip-ups.
我觉得卡塞内卡的确对他很感兴趣
And I think Carnesecca was very interested in him,
但是你知道的 在赛场上被赶下场
but, you know, get thrown out of a game here,
大发脾气 这个那个的
and an outburst here, and this and that.
所有这些事情加在一起
And I think all of those things combined,
他们就被杰克劝退了
they were kinda turned off by him.
杰克绝对是个难搞的人
Jackie was definitely a difficult person to handle,
但是没人放弃他
but people weren't giving up on him
因为他仍然得到了很多机会
because he was still getting these opportunities.
美国
布鲁克林
俄亥俄大学
俄亥俄大学对我感兴趣
Ohio University, they were interested in me.
我去了那里 参观了学校 惊讶不已
I go down there to have a school visit down there. I'm like,
"我的天啊 我要在这个学校打球吗"
"Oh, my God! I'm gonna play at this school?"
两周后他们给我打了电♥话♥
And they call me two weeks later.
"杰克 你不能来"
"Jack, you can't come here,
你的平均学分绩只有1.9
you have a 1.9 grade average.
但是不用担心
But don't worry,
我们会送你去一所俄亥俄的专科学院
we're gonna send you to a junior college in Ohio,
把学分绩补高点"
get your grades up."
这是我第一次离家
Well, first time away from home.
美国
布鲁克林
俄亥俄大学
洛兰社区学院
女孩 酒精 我迷失了心智
Girls, the booze... I went out of my mind.
在圣诞节前被踢出了球队
Kicked off the team by Christmastime.
美国
洛兰社区学院
俄亥俄大学
布鲁克林
我爸想宰了我
And my father wanted to kill me.
我还能有多少机会啊
You know, how many chances can I get?
他总是能获得这些机会 不知怎的
He would always get these opportunities... somehow,
总有办法
some way.
杰克那么优秀 很多人都会谈论他
Jackie was that good, and a lot of people were talking about him,
我想他真的觉得自己能有所成就
and I think he really saw something big was coming his way.
美国
胡德山社区学院
洛兰社区学院
所以我去了胡德山
So, I go to Mt. Hood,
那是一个很优秀的球队
and it's a great basketball team.
那年年初的时候我表现得很好
It started off good in the beginning of the year,
我按照教练的要求打球
I was playing in the coach's system.
然后
And then...
我不知道怎么了 但是记得他跟我说
I dunno what happened, but I remember him telling me,
赫伯·布斯 俄勒冈篮球的传奇
"你要是胯下过球
"If you put the ball through your legs,
我就把你赶出球队"
I'm taking you out of the game."
我做不到
I couldn't do that.
胡德山社区大学
美国
卢兰社区大学
俄亥俄大学
布鲁克林
所以我在胡德山的篮球生涯也结束了
So my basketball season ends at Mt. Hood.
这样的事似乎总是一次又一次地发生
It just seemed to happen over and over and over again.
杰克得到机会 然后搞砸机会
Jackie would get an opportunity, and then he'd blow it.
我的朋友土克在布鲁克林学院打球
My friend Turk is playing for Brooklyn College.
所以土克告诉他们 我在胡德山队打完了
So, Turk told them that I was finishing up at Mt. Hood
还想继续打球
and wanted to play ball.
布鲁克林学院
他们说"太好了 我们很高兴他能加入"
They said, "Oh, yeah, we'd love to have him!"
训练迟到 一身酒味来训练
Late for practices, coming to practice smelling like liquor.
教练说
The coach said,
"杰克 你周六早上醉醺醺地来训练
"Jack, you come to practice drunk on Saturday mornings.
我已经受够了 你走人吧"
I've had it with you, you're done."
杰克在布鲁克林学院的篮球生涯就这样结束了
That was the end of Jack's basketball career at Brooklyn College.
布鲁克林学院
我说"就这样吧 我受够篮球了
剧集 | 败局启示录(2019) | 导航列表