剧集 | 败局启示录(2019) | 导航列表
女士们先生们 这里是新尼尔球场
Ladies and gentlemen, from The New Den,
本届世界拳击组织重量级冠军
the reigning WBO heavyweight champion of the world...
迈克尔·本特
Michael Bentt!
每回我在打重大♥比♥赛的时候
When I was fighting my top fights
不管是职业赛还是业余赛
as an amateur and as pros...
哥们儿 我脑海里总有这么一个想法
I'd have this thought that flashed through my mind, man.
"我希望这座城市突然大规模停电
"I hope this town gets hit either by a massive blackout
或者突然刮起龙♥卷♥风♥"
or a fucking tornado."
因为我 我可不想上他妈的拳击台
Because I'm... I don't want to go in this fucking ring.
《铩羽》
第一季 第一集
无所适从的冠军
纽约市 皇后区
我爸妈都是牙买♥♥加人
My mom and dad are Jamaicans.
我爸爸是拳王阿里的狂热粉丝
My dad was a massive fan of Muhammad Ali.
迈克尔·本特
我最初的印象 就是小时候
And my first memory, as a child,
看着两个人在电视屏幕里打拳击
is watching two people, like, boxing on the TV screen.
很吓人的
It is scary.
亨利·库珀的左眼被狠狠地打破了
Yes, Henry Cooper's left eye is badly cut.
恐怕伤势挺重的
I'm afraid it's a very bad cut.
我爸是个很原始的男人 他只有两种状态
My father's a very primal man. Two modes of expression:
暴怒和沉默
rage and silence.
他会确保我 好好学习了那些拳击手
He'd make sure, like, you know, I studied these guys.
但他可不会用"学习"这个词
He didn't use the word "Study."
你懂的 因为他的词库里没有这个词
You know, 'cause that wasn't part of his vocabulary.
你知道我什么意思吧
You know what I mean?
"给老子好好看着"
"Just watch it!"
他希望他的儿子 就是我
He wanted his son, moi,
成为下一个拳王阿里
to be like the next Muhammad Ali, man.
1975年 警♥察♥体育联盟体育馆
我第一次进拳击馆的时候 还是个孩子
I first went into a boxing gym as a child.
我打了差不多九个月吧
I boxed for maybe nine months.
我并不喜欢别人♥拳♥头冲着我脑袋招呼
I did not like to get punched in the head, man.
我爸呢 他根本不他妈在乎
My father didn't give a... fuck.
我老爸希望我成为一个拳击手
My dad wanted me to be a boxer
因为他想通过我来实现他自己的人生
because he was trying to live vicariously through me.
本特童年住所
五年级时 有一天 我翘课了
One day, fifth grade, cut school,
我当时非常紧张 因为我想告诉我爸
and I was, like, anxious about telling my father
等他下班回家我就告诉他
that night after he got home from work,
"哥们儿 我不想再打拳击了"
"I don't want to box any more, man."
他回到家 坐在沙发上
He gets home, and he's on the couch.
"爸爸 我 你知道吗
"Dad, I, you know...
我不想再打拳了"
I don't want to box."
他站了起来
He gets up,
走到电视那两根像兔耳朵的天线前
walks over to the rabbit-ear antenna,
把天线撅了下来 教训了我一顿
breaks off the TV antenna and does a number.
不是简单的做做样子吓我
Not a nice number, either.
是毫不留情地 极其残忍♥地毒打了我一顿
A very graphic, fucking inhumane number on me, man.
就算我不喜欢挨打也无所谓
It's okay if I'm not comfortable getting hit.
只要是我挨打是为了你 就没毛病
But as long as I get hit for you, that's okay.
我只是想不明白这是为什么 你懂吧
I just couldn't compute that, you know?
这种事经常发生在小孩身上
This happens a lot to kids
罗恩·谢尔顿
编剧 导演 《百万金臂》 《锡杯》
他们想当爵士小号♥演奏者而不是
who would rather be a jazz trumpet player than a,
比如说 足球运动员 或者
you know, soccer player or
他们比起别的来说更想当足球运动员
rather be a soccer player than a whatever.
我的意思是 总有孩子高中就辍学了
I mean, you see kids drop out of high school all the time
因为他们觉得这种选择是被逼迫
because they feel that they were pushed there
被强迫的 所以他们也不喜欢这个选择
and forced there, and they weren't enjoying it,
所以他们干脆放弃某项运动
and they quit sports.
这一点却击垮了他们的父亲
And it crushes their father.
感谢上帝 这些父亲就应该接受教训
Thank God, it should crush their father.
他们的父亲应该从中学习 并有所成长
Their father should learn and grow from it.
我的父亲
My father,
他从没想过 教导我
he never wanted to, like, teach me.
他只是想掌控我
He wanted to dominate me.
这两者是有差别的
There's a difference.
拳击不是运动 而是他妈的求生
Boxing's not a sport, it's an act of fucking survival.
原始野性的求生
Primal, tribal survival, man.
迈克尔·本特 19岁
Michael Bentt, 19 years old,
连续两年赢得了金手套业余拳击锦标赛冠军
won the Golden Gloves championship two years in a row.
迈克尔·本特 连续三年
Michael Bentt, for the third year in a row,
赢得了金手套业余拳击锦标赛重量级冠军
is the Golden Gloves Heavyweight Open champion.
迈克尔·本特
重量级公开赛冠军
四度蝉联纽约市
金手套业余拳击锦标赛冠军
我连续赢了四次纽约市的金手套锦标赛冠军
I won the New York City Golden Gloves four times,
这可算是一项纪录了
which is a record.
五度蝉联国家级
金手套业余拳击锦标赛冠军
我还是五度国家冠军
I'm a five-time national champion.
全体起立鼓掌
Standing ovation
为迈克尔·本特
for Michael Bentt!
金手套赛在当时那个年代的流行文化里
The Golden Gloves still had some resonance
拉里·莫茨安特
拳击分♥析♥家
还是有一些分量的 在那个世界里
in the popular culture at the time. And in that world,
迈克尔·本特是个明星
Michael Bentt was a star.
我压根不想打职业赛
I never wanted to turn pro.
迈克尔进入职业赛
那是个好时代
It was a great era,
可能算是重量级拳击的最后一个好时代了
probably the last great era of heavyweight boxing.
迈克·泰森
历史上最年轻的重量级拳王
泰森 伊万德·霍利菲尔德
Tyson, Evander Holyfield,
伊万德·霍利菲尔德
五次获得世界重量级拳王
里迪克·鲍
上世纪90年代重量级鼎鼎有名的冠军之一
里迪克·鲍 还有伦诺克斯·刘易斯
Riddick Bowe and Lennox Lewis.
伦诺克斯·刘易斯
WBC重量级拳王 三条金腰带
我之所以去打职业赛
The reason why I turned pro
原因就是想摆脱我老爸的控制
was to get from under my father's roof.
我当时想着 你懂的 我可是个大明星
I figured like, you know, I'm such a star,
他们少说也得给我安排25场比赛
they'd line you up with 25 fights...
小菜一碟
easy.
然后呢 就和迈克·泰森皇城对决
And then, like, you know, on to Mike Tyson.
迈克尔·本特的职业赛首次亮相
Michael Bentt making his pro debut,
是一场97公斤级的比赛
in at 215 pounds.
天啊 本特看起来一心要把琼斯赶紧搞下台
Boy, Bentt seems bent on putting Jones out of there in a hurry.
业余拳击赛和职业拳击赛
Amateur boxing and professional prizefighting
根本就不能相提并论
are not necessarily the same sport.
第一轮还剩14秒的时间
Fourteen seconds remain in round 1.
记住响铃也救不了你 本特陷入麻烦了
Remember the bell can't save you and Bentt's in trouble.
琼斯穷追不舍
Jones all over him now,
这场比赛真是发生了惊天大逆转啊
and what a drastic turnabout this fight took!
他又倒下了 响铃了
He's down again, there's the bell.
杰瑞·琼斯KO了对手
A knockout for Jerry Jones!
天啊
Bro!
杰瑞·琼斯可没按照他妈的剧本来
Someone did not give Jerry Jones a fucking script.
突然之间 就像你抛了个硬币那样
Suddenly, just like you'd flip a coin,
结果突然就反转了 不是吗
this bout went upside-down, didn't it?
对于拳击手来说最丢人的事情
The most singular humiliating thing to a boxer
莫过于被人当众KO
is getting knocked out in public, man.
我老爸 他当时也在
My father, who was present,
他整个人都炸了
he went ballistic.
"为他妈什么我儿子输掉了这场他妈的比赛"
"How my fucking son lose the fucking fight?"
我当时就想 "哥们儿啊
I'm like, "Dude, it's...
又不是你♥他♥妈♥的被KO了
You didn't get fucking knocked out, man.
你♥他♥妈♥在这里生什么气啊大哥"
What are you fucking so upset about, dude?"
当我回到纽约之后
After I got back to New York,
我在这之前 从未经历过这种黑暗
I had never encountered, like, that kind of darkness before.
自我怨恨
Like self-hatred,
自我厌恶
self-loathing,
身边的人们都会窃窃私语地议论我
being around people who are gonna fucking whisper about me
还以为我听不到
when they think I can't hear...
"纽约的黑鬼
"Nigga from New York, okay...
看看这混♥蛋♥吧 他可真弱"
剧集 | 败局启示录(2019) | 导航列表