剧集 | 败局启示录(2019) | 导航列表
海德是个相当出色的拳手
Hide was a pretty good fighter.
这两人打比赛是有风险的
They took a fight with risk in it,
可能是因为
and maybe it's because...
那场比赛的奖金比其他任何比赛的三倍还多
they were offering three times more than any other fight.
拳台上我不像和汤米·莫里森对战时那么斗志昂扬
I wasn't on fire inside like I was against Tommy Morrison.
我很清楚
I knew,
在我内心中
like someplace deep down,
我不配当这个重量级拳王
that I wasn't fit to be the heavyweight champion.
第一回合
我想第一回合应该会有点意思
I think the first round is gonna be interesting.
确实应该如此
It will be cos it's a question
因为谁都不知道究竟谁会先出手 给出一记重击
of which man really wants to come out and bang.
黑方选手 本特
白方选手 海德
本特走向了海德
And Bentt just walking to him...
比赛就这么开始了
It started out where it...
看着就像是迈克尔只是在敷衍
it looked somewhat like Michael was just going through motions,
丝毫没有击伤对方的想法
with nothing where he really wanted to hurt the guy.
你应该想要去击伤对方啊
I mean, you're supposed to want to hurt the guy!
赫比·海德在这比赛中所占有的主动地位
Herbie Hide has dominated this fight
已经到了让所有拳击观众都吃惊的地步
to an extent that I think would shock any boxing observer.
赫比·海德出拳的力量
Herbie Hide's punching power
就相当于你拿着一把该死的刀子
is tantamount to you taking a goddamned knife
把他插♥进♥带电的插座里 还握着不放
and sticking it into an electrical socket and holding it.
拳手们总会遇到这样的情况 希望能挺过去吧
Fighters have nights like this and let's hope we get through it.
赫比·海德的猛击... 他简直是...哇哦
The Herbie Hide jab is... I mean, he is... Wow...
好一记漂亮的右手拳 正中鼻子
Good right hand, right on the button.
本特倒地了
Down goes Bentt!
赫比用了一套组合拳在击打我
Herbie hit me with, like, a combination of shots.
那记右手拳
The right hand...
让我的右脚伸了出去
makes my right foot pitch out from under me,
然后我倒下了
and I fall...
砰 脸朝下 还弹起来了一下
Boom! Face down, and I bounce up.
砰
Boom!
这个结果
There are, um...
带来了很多意料之外的困境
pitfalls, man, to this thing.
迈克尔一片茫然 这是我从未在拳手身上看到的
Michael was in a real fog and I had never seen that in a fighter.
我们把他扶回更衣室
We took him back to the locker room.
他垂着头 就这样抱着头
He was hangin' his head and holdin' his head like this.
只对我的孙女蕾切尔有反应
And the only one he responded to was my granddaughter, Rachael.
她是他的粉丝
She adored him.
她当时一直在哭
And she was crying and crying.
她伸手抱住了迈克尔
And she put her arms around him,
接着他抬起头说
and he picked his head up and he said,
"我没事 蕾切尔
"I'm all right, Rachael.
蕾切尔 别哭了"
Rachael, don't cry."
然后晕了过去
Pass out.
被送上救护车
Placed in the ambulance.
我的脑部有肿胀
My brain was swole.
脑神经外科医生决定 为了减轻肿胀
The head neurosurgeon decides that to subside the swelling,
他们让我陷入人工昏迷
they're gonna induce a coma.
那很吓人
It was very scary
因为我一直在想
because I'm thinkin' that...
迈克尔可能撑不过明天了
that Michael may be dead tomorrow.
当时我父亲住在佛罗里达州
My father was living in Florida then.
在他看了那场比赛
And I heard that he said,
又听说我像这样昏迷了之后
after he watched the fight and heard that I was,
我听到他说
like, in this coma,
他亲口说"让那不争气的小子去死吧"
he said, "Yeah, let the bloodclaat boy dead."
你懂那是什么意思吧
You know what that means, right? Yeah.
他就是用牙买♥♥加的土话在说
That's Jamaican patois for him saying,
"对 让这臭小子死了算了"
"Yeah, let the fucking guy die."
第一天
第二天
我昏迷了96个小时
Ninety-six hours I was out for.
第三天
第四天
我看到了光
I see a light.
又看到了一个姓名牌
And I see a name tag,
约翰·萨克利夫医生
Dr. John Sutcliffe.
神经外科专家进来
This neurologist came in
跟我说了一些专业术语
and he started talking to me technically,
我根本不知道他说的是什么
I had no idea what he was talking about.
然后我说"行了 你就告诉我 到底..."
And I told him, "Well, just tell me, what's the..."
他说"不管怎么说
He said, "Well, the bottom line is...
他都不能再打拳了
he should never be allowed to fight again.
他已经这样了
He's got this thing,
如果头部再受重击
and if he gets cracked in the head again,
即便是开车的时候 或者是摔了一跤
even if he's driving a car or he falls down,
不管是什么
or whatever,
他都很可能会成为植物人"
he's liable to become a vegetable."
我第一反应是松了一口气
My first reaction to that was relief.
我那时一直在纠结
I was always in conflict with,
为什么一开始我要打拳
like, why I fought in the first place.
大多数拳手都没怎么在学校接受教育
Most fighters are very uneducated through school,
弗雷迪·罗奇
名人堂教练
没办法做好日常的工作
I mean, and aren't gonna really do well in the working world.
可能他们会在加油站找个活
I mean, maybe they get a job pumping gas
或者在麦当劳之类的地方打工
or working at McDonald's or something like that.
但情况是 我们大多数人对失败
But the thing is, you know, most of us don't prepare ourselves
都毫无准备
for the... for failure.
被击倒后的剖析
在和赫比·海德的比赛过去两年后
Two years after the Herbie Hide fight,
我在宾夕法尼亚州买♥♥了栋房♥子
I had bought a house in Pennsylvania,
宾夕法尼亚州
报名参加了写作课
and I enrolled in a writing class.
因为我喜欢写作
'Cause I love to write.
伯特·休格是一名受人尊敬的拳击记者
Bert Sugar was a well-respected boxing journalist.
伯特·休格
传奇体育作家
我在HBO的拳击新闻发布会上见到了伯特
I met Bert at this HBO boxing press conference.
他说"迈克尔 最近怎么样
He said, "Michael, how you doing? You know,
你应该在我的杂♥志♥上写一写
you should write for my magazine
被别人击倒 还有击倒别人之后
about the emotional effect of getting knocked out,
情绪上受到的影响
and knocking someone out."
尽管我...
我开始
我把自己锁在妹妹的房♥间里
I locked myself in my sister's room
意识到一个事实
写了三天
and wrote for three days.
我受伤了 拳击生涯结束了
我写了篇文章 题目是《被击倒后的剖析》
I wrote a piece called "Anatomy of a Knockout."
《被击倒后的剖析》
被击倒是种什么感觉
所以尽管我想尽可能地避开这个话题
亲爱的读者 请允许我担任你们的但丁
护送你们走过拳击的重重地狱
有个被击倒的拳手曾被围困在那里
那边文章讲的是自我发现的一种状态 相当真实
The article's about a state of discovery, and it was so truthful.
很客观公正
And so unvictimized.
正是这篇文章的坦诚
It was the honesty of the article
让我第一次见到他时
that was reflected upon my first meeting
想要了解他更多
that made me want to know this guy better.
罗恩·谢尔顿写过《黑白游龙》
Ron Shelton,xa0White Men Can't Jump,
《百万金臂》 《锡杯》
Bull Durham, Tin Cup.
罗恩给我打电♥话♥
Ron called me.
威尔·史密斯《拳王阿里》
我的选角导演正在找《拳王阿里》的演员
My casting director was doing Ali,
她说"我想不出来让谁来演索尼·利斯顿"
and she said, "I can't figure out who to play Sonny Liston."
我说"我有个人选"
I said, "I got the guy."
"就在这儿试镜给你看看"
"I'm casting it for you right here."
来啊 你个傻大个 我要把你打败踩在脚下
Come on, you big, ugly bear, I'll turn you into a rug.
继续说
Keep talkin'!
看我不揍扁你
I'mma fuck you up!
现在回忆起来 在那段经历中
The one thing that always stuck with me
有一样让我始终难以忘怀
from that experience, in retrospect,
就像是"小子 你就是这块料"
is, like, "Yo, dude, you belong here."
洛杉矶
百老汇好莱坞公♥寓♥
当我到洛杉矶以后 生活变得不一样了
My life changed when I got to LA.
和这些极富创造力的人在一起 我觉得很舒服
I felt more comfortable in the company of creative people.
我开始在娱乐圈里训练更多的人
I started training more people in the entertainment business.
剧集 | 败局启示录(2019) | 导航列表