剧集 | 败局启示录(2019) | 导航列表
我们把这天称为"沙丘日"
This is what we call "The Dunes Day,"
因为这天你要上上下下翻过
where you have to go up and down
三层楼高的沙丘
these three-story-high sand dunes.
你必须紧跟在别人的后面
You had to get right behind other people
如此一来 别人的脚印
so that they can form a
就可以成为你爬上爬下的梯子
staircase going up and down these sand dunes.
我们训练的时候
During our training,
乔瓦尼总是会走神
I realized that Giovanni would often zone out.
我们在跑步的中途 他会突然停在山顶
While we were running, he would stop and from the mountaintop,
凝视远方的地平线
he would stare towards the horizon.
显然在那一刻 他在沉思自己在做的事
Obviously, in that moment, he was absorbing what he was doing.
我觉得他参加比赛更多的是为了寻找自我
He raced more to find himself, I think.
寻找触动他的东西
To find something for himself,
发现内心的力量
to discover an inner energy.
与他相比 我毫无疑问是为了赢比赛
By contrast I ran to win the race, undoubtedly.
我非常好胜
I am very competitive.
对我来说 参与是次要的
For me, participating is not important.
胜利才重要
Winning is.
第四天
第四天是真正决出胜负的时候
Day four is really where the race is won or lost.
这个赛段真正开始考验
That is where the elite athletes
这群精英运动员的毅力
really have to test their mettle.
因为第四天的路程大约是85公里
Because on day four, it's 53 miles
赛程第四段
85公里
这么设计的真正目的
and really what that is designed to do
就是为了把人逼到极限
is to absolutely press you to your limits.
这一阶段的完成时间
It can take between ten hours
短则10小时 长则36小时
and up to 36 hours to complete this stage.
我们知道这段是比赛的转折点
We knew it would be the turning point of the race.
毛罗的意志非常坚定
And Mauro was really determined,
就和我们当初计划的一样 要好好跑
just like we had planned, to run well,
最后拿到前十名
in order to finish in the top ten.
这一阶段非常艰难 专注是最重要的
It's a very hard stage, and focus is paramount.
当你参加这种赛跑时
When you compete in such a race,
你要考虑
you think about...
首要事项
your priorities.
你的首要事项就是不要迷路
Your priority is not to lose your way.
逆风跑步显然增加了这件事的难度
Having the wind against us certainly didn't help the cause.
我要跑的沙漠区域
I was about to run a section of desert
宽4公里
that was two-and-a-half miles wide
长40公里
and 25 miles long.
一开始我翻越了几座小沙丘
I started to cut across some small dunes,
但突然间
and, at a certain point,
情况急转直下
all hell broke loose...
一阵大风吹起了小沙丘
A deadly wind lifted these small dunes.
小沙丘比大沙丘危险得多
Small dunes are much more dangerous than bigger dunes.
小沙丘会移♥动♥
They walk.
我知道 如果我站着不动 这些沙丘会埋住我
I realized that if I stood still, the dunes would cover me,
所以我一直一直走
so I moved and moved.
沙尘暴持续了八个小时
The sandstorm lasted about eight hours.
我一直都孤身一人
I was alone in that moment,
所以我决定躺进我的睡袋
so I decided to get in my sleeping bag
等到第二天
and wait for the following day.
我想着"明早我再继续
I thought, "I'll continue in the morning.
反正比赛也输掉了"
Pfff. The race is lost anyway."
我跑得比毛罗慢
I run slower than Mauro.
没在检查点看到他让我很疑惑
Not finding him at the checkpoint made me suspicious,
但没担心
but not worried yet,
因为天气原因会导致跑错路
because the weather made going the wrong way,
或者只是绕了弯路 这些完全有可能
or simply taking a longer route, entirely possible.
毛罗不在的第一晚
The first night without Mauro,
我仍心存希望
I was still hopeful,
因为还只是过去了24小时
because it had only been 24 hours.
但那一晚不一样
It was different that night,
因为我和毛罗
because Mauro and I,
说出来也没什么好羞耻的
I'm not ashamed to say,
之前几晚都紧贴着睡在一起
had been spending the nights close
来抵御寒冷
to each other to brave the cold.
那一晚 那显然不可能了
That night, it wasn't possible.
独自抵御寒冷这件事仿佛在告诉我
Dealing with the weather on my own was sort of a reminder,
尽管那时我应该休息
even while I was supposed to rest,
但另一个故事已拉开了序幕
that another story was unfolding.
第二天早上 我很早就醒了
The next morning, I woke up very early.
我收起睡袋
I folded up my sleeping bag,
吃了一个能量棒 又接着跑步
ate an energy bar, and started running again.
我很确信我会追上步行的选手
I was convinced I'd find the walkers.
撒哈拉沙漠马拉松也有像我一样的
The Marathon des Sables has runners like me,
业余跑者 健步者和步行者
amateur runners, and then the marchers and walkers.
但是我很困惑 因为我没看见任何人
Instead, I was perplexed because I didn't see anyone.
没人 连个人影都没有
Nobody. Not a single person.
就连地标也不见了
Also, there were no landmarks left.
沙尘暴过后
After the sandstorm,
所有的地标和指示牌都消失了
all landmarks and signs had disappeared.
不 举办方
No, the organization...
从没想过取消比赛
never really considered calling the race off
因为他们以前也处理过类似的情况
because they had dealt with similar situations in the past,
而且总是能在几小时内就解决问题
and they had always solved it within a few hours.
陆上有吉普车搜寻
They search with jeeps by land
天上有直升飞机
and with a helicopter.
我能做的只有相信
All I could do was trust...
毛罗会在那天晚上回来
that Mauro would be back by the end of the day.
"他们明天就会找到我 肯定的"
"Tomorrow, they will find me, for sure."
我十分坚信这一点
I was absolutely convinced of this.
至少在下午日落以前我一直这么相信着
My certainty lasted at least until late afternoon, around sunset
因为 我看到过一次直升飞机
because, at some point, I saw a helicopter.
我发射了信♥号♥♥弹
I sent up a flare.
举办方发的信♥号♥♥弹和原子笔的样子差不多
The flares we were given were like Bic pens.
小得可怜
They were small and quite pathetic.
直升飞机没有回来
The pilot wasn't coming back.
在那个时刻 我说了句"天哪"
At that point, I said, "Oh, boy."
我并不觉得害怕 反而觉得
I didn't feel fear, but rather...
绝望
desperation.
陷入绝望的我大喊道
And in desperation, I started to scream,
"为什么丢下我"
"Why are you leaving me?!"
为什么丢下我
Why are you leaving me?!
我开始胡思乱想
I started to go beyond the limits of reason.
我跑的时候就想
I ran with the idea of
赶紧完成比赛
getting to the finish as soon as possible...
看看新闻
to get some news.
我希望能在终点线看到毛罗
My hope was I'd see Mauro at the finish
然后我们就会对这个突发状况一笑了之了
and that we would have a laugh at the whole situation.
我继续跑了两天
I continued throughout that second and third day,
最终跨过了终点线
and ultimately crossed the finish line.
撒哈拉沙漠马拉松 1994
我在终点哭了
I cried at the finish line.
我独自站着 没有心情庆祝 也没看镜头
I stood by myself and didn't celebrate. I ignored the cameras.
情况很严重
The situation was very serious,
因为已经过去了四天
because four days had already passed
就快到决定命运的第五天了
and we were getting close to that fateful fifth day in the desert,
因为沙漠中失踪五天可以被认定已经死亡
which is when a person is considered dead.
所以他们开始讨论停止搜索
So, they started talking about stopping the search.
那个时候
In that moment,
我意识到应该回去看看辛西娅
I figured it was very important to go back and see Cinzia,
即使只是给她一个拥抱 安慰一下
if only to give her a hug of support.
毛罗的父亲从罗马打电♥话♥过来我才知道这事
I got the news when Mauro's father called me from Rome.
他问我
He asked me,
"毛罗在哪"
"Where is Mauro?"
信使报
他在报纸上看到了
He had read in the newspaper...
"罗马长跑运动员在沙漠里失踪"
"Roman long-distance runner lost in the desert."
我不知道 那时候 保持联♥系♥还不像今天这么方便
I didn't know. Back then, we weren't connected like we are today.
"听着 我不知道 我觉得他应该已经跑完了比赛
剧集 | 败局启示录(2019) | 导航列表