剧集 | 石油天王(2024) | 导航列表
nor did she know of the rig.
你们现在是在起诉 公♥司♥老板的哀痛遗孀
You are suing the grieving widow of the company owner.
请想办法把案件移出仲裁
Please seek to move this out of arbitration.
不然我等不及传唤她上证人席
I can't wait to put her on the stand.
她可以哭得很到位
She can cry on cue.
真是不可思议
It's uncanny.
你是谢泼德海斯汀的律师
You with Shepherd-Hastings.
我曾经是
I was.
我现在是公♥司♥内部律师
I'm in-house for the company now.
你要把诉讼外包了? 休想
Will you outsource litigation? Not on your life.
听好,丽贝卡,我能这样叫你吗?
Look, Rebecca, uh, if I may call you that...
你刚就叫了 好了,母老虎
You just did. Okay, tiger.
听好,我们都认识蒙帝
Look, we all knew Monty,
我们只是不太清楚他是如何
and we're not exactly sure how he got them to pay out
让他们一次把整笔理赔付出 直接汇给他
the entire claim at once and directly to him,
但这开了一个先例 我的委托人很想推♥翻♥
but it has set a precedent my client is very serious about reversing.
我们得做个示范
We need to make a bit of an example here.
如果是你们的客户不当支付理赔
Well, if a claim was improperly paid by your client,
那就是违约
that is a violation of the contract,
那也会使后续的损害赔偿条款失效
which nullifies any subsequent damages clause.
我的客户有没有照合约 使用那笔款项并不重要
It doesn't matter that my client didn't apply the funds as stipulated.
合约载明,款项应该随支出
The contract states that the funds be sent directly
直接付给钻井公♥司♥
to the drilling company as expenses are incurred.
你们的客户违反协议
Your client violated that agreement.
你们的损失不是真的 即使是
Your damages are not real, and even if they were,
你们的客户故意违约
your client's intentional violation
也会中止赔偿条款
of the contract suspends the damages clause.
我们怎么知道你的客户 有没有虚报那些款项?
How do we know your client didn't misrepresent the funds...
他确实虚报了些什么,不是吗?
Well, he certainly misrepresented something, didn't he,
所以你们的客户才因此 吞下了四亿美元的代价
and your client bit, to the tune of $400 million dollars,
所以如果你们想在陪审团 和守寡的遗孀面前
so if you want to take whacks at a dead man in front of a jury
攻击一名逝世者…
and his widow?
算我一份
I'm in.
我准备好了
I'm ready.
我喜欢那种派对
I like that kind of party.
我没听到任何具体的提案
I don't hear a proposal.
你会的,只要你们承认两件事 第一,你们没有损失
You will, as soon as you concede, one, you have no damages.
第二,你们的客户违反合约
And two, your client's violation of the contract
盖过我们的违约 抵销你们本来可能
supersedes our violation and negates any damages
会有的赔偿,前提是有任何损失的话
you would have been entitled to if there were damages to begin with.
我还是没听到具体提案
I still don't hear a proposal.
我们会发新闻稿宣布钻井
We will issue a press release announcing the drill
承受所有随之而来的审视
and endure all the scrutiny that entails
好让你们客户受伤的自尊心 公开获得满足
to publicly satisfy your client's bruised ego.
时程
Timeline.
我需要一份地质调查
I need a geological survey
还有一份可行性报告 在我可以开始…
and a feasibility report before I can even begin to...
别跟我们说那套屁话
Don't feed us that bullshit.
你现在是在我们的地盘
Now you're playing in our sandbox.
你完全清楚你们要钻井的地方
You know exactly where you're drilling
因为你们那边原本就有钻井平台
because you already had a rig there,
要不是飓风,你们现在 仍然有平台在那
and if it wasn't for a hurricane, you'd still have a rig there.
你们得租一台钻油机 两艘拖船跟雇用一个团队
You need to lease a rig, two tugboats and hire a crew.
我们要每周进度报告
We want weekly progress reports,
报告里要有实际进展
and in those reports, I want progress.
照这条件…
Under those terms...
我们会提出撤案申请
...we will submit a request to dismiss.
同意
Agreed.
丽贝卡…
Rebecca.
你选错路了
You're on the wrong side of this game.
当独♥立♥开采商的律师根本是徒劳无功
Counsel for an independent producer is just Whac-A-Mole.
投机份子,赌徒
They're wildcatters, gamblers.
为了取得租约,他们会连妈妈都骗
They'd lie to their mothers to secure a lease.
聪明的人就选择卖♥♥掉
The wise ones sell out,
睡在钱坑里
go sleep on a mattress of money.
蒙帝…
Monty
不太聪明
wasn't wise.
有不少黑历史
Lot of skeletons in that closet.
听好,如果事情不如预期 肯定会这样
Look, when the floor falls out from beneath you... and it will...
打电♥话♥给我们
you give us a call.
我们本来以为这案子很单纯
We thought our case was pretty cut-and-dry
直到你让它支离破碎
until you carved it to pieces.
我很满意我的位置 我很质疑
I'm happy where I am. I highly doubt that.
走的时候别忘了拿我的名片
Be sure to grab my card on your way out.
华生莫洛殡仪馆 1942年成立
一口棺材要2400美元
$2,400 for a box.
你觉得怎么样?
Well, what do you think?
我又不懂棺材
I don't know coffins.
该死,我也不是专家
Well, shit, I ain't no expert myself.
这是我第一次买♥♥
When I buy this one, it'll be my first.
把我火化,骨灰撒在帕洛杜罗峡谷
You can just cremate me, spread me over the Palo Duro Canyon.
听起来不错,我应该会偷来用
Sounds pretty good. I might steal that one.
靠
Fuck.
华特,你打视频给我♥干♥嘛?
Walt, what are you doing FaceTiming me?
要给你看样东西
I want to show you something.
嗨,宝贝
Hi, baby.
嗨,爹地
Hi, Daddy.
搞什么? 别生气
What the fuck? Don't be mad.
是吗? 安琪拉…
Right? Angela...
自卫居然成了犯罪
I mean, suddenly, it's a crime to defend yourself.
自卫什么?
Defend yourself against what?
等一下
Hold on.
好
All right.
我等下回来,库柏
I'll be right back, Cooper.
嘿,华特,说明一下
Hey, Walt? Just walk me through it.
很明显,这些卫生局稽查人员
Apparently, these Health and Human Service inspectors
走进一群在喝酒跳艳舞的 八旬老人之中
walked in on a bunch of 80-year-olds who were drinking and dirty dancing.
他们想要你太太… 嘿,嘿,让我跟安琪说话
They tried to get your wife... Hey, hey, just let me talk to Angie.
嘿,怎么了?
Hey, what happened?
那该死的混♥蛋♥想抓我把我绑在沙发
That son of a bitch tried to grab me and shove me on the couch.
所以你…
So you...
我朝他的蛋蛋踢了一脚
I-I kneed him in his nuts
肘击了那该死的猪脑袋
and elbowed him in his fat fucking head.
那另一个呢?
What about the other one?
这个嘛,她绊倒了
Well, she just tripped.
我想她是没看到我的脚
I mean, she didn't see my foot, I guess.
宝贝,你在法庭就这样说,乖女孩
Baby, you say it just like that in court. Good girl.
嘿,华特,那些安养院的 稽查人员有配戴徽章吗?
Hey, Walt? Do these nursing home inspectors have badges?
我不知道什么徽章
I don't know about badges.
他们有权逮捕跟拘留?
They have the power to arrest and detain?
他们没有
They do not.
好,所以就只是某个该死的肥猪 想抓我太太
All right, so it was just some fat fuck grabbing my wife, then.
这是我要你做的事
Here's what I want you to do.
我要你解开她们的手铐 然后让她们离开
I want you to uncuff them right now and let them go,
除非你要我的新律师 成为你最新的麻烦
unless you want my new counsel to be your newest hemorrhoid.
所以…你站在那干嘛?
So do... What are you standing there for?
他妈的解开她们的手铐啊,老兄 别吼我,我才刚到
Just fucking uncuff them, bud. Don't yell at me. I just got here.
你觉得那是吼吗?那才不是吼咧
You think that's yelling? That's not yelling.
这才是吼
This is yelling:
他妈的解开我太太跟我女儿的手铐 然后立刻让她们离开
uncuff my fucking wife and my fucking daughter and let them go right now,
听懂了吗?
do you understand me?
就跟你说了,华特
Told you, Walt.
好啦,柯瑞
All right. Cory?
今天晚餐会晚点开始,宝贝
Supper's gonna be a little late tonight, baby.
对不起
I'm sorry.
没关系,宝贝,好了,晚点见
That's okay, baby. All right. I'll see you later.
爱你,爹地 好,我也爱你
I love you, Daddy. Yeah, I love you, too. Bye.
掰
Bye.
你不会相信发生什么事的
You won't believe this shit.
我以为我听到有人♥大♥吼
I thought I heard yelling.
那只是我在释放哀伤
Oh, that was just me purging my grief.
剧集 | 石油天王(2024) | 导航列表