剧集 | 难以伺候 | 导航列表
对我来说 有你就是有了家
♪ To me you are the feeling of being home ♪
我爱你 你是...
♪ I love you as you are-a ♪
你是雅拉
♪ You're Yara ♪
对我来说你是星辰
♪ And to me you are a star ♪
我们永不分离吧 小甜甜
♪ Let's stay together, Smoothie ♪
待在家里 看个电影
♪ Stay home and watch a movie ♪
或者把我绑成个结绳小兔
♪ Or tie me up like a rope bunny ♪
我爱你 你是...
♪ I love you as you are-a ♪
你是雅拉
♪ You're Yara! ♪
-看看谁来了 -等等 他来了吗
- Look who's here! - Wait. Is he here?
天啊 是他
Oh, my God, that's him.
是她男友吗
Is that the boyfriend?
节目进行中
你来纽约的时候
So when you came to New York,
以为自己会做什么
what did you think you were going to be doing?
反正不是现在这个
Not this.
我是带着美术学士的学历来的 我想表演
I moved here with my BFA, and I just wanted to perform,
这也算是可以表演的工作之一
and this is one of the jobs where you get to perform.
我没有不工作的本钱
I don't have the privilege of not working.
-这就是我的工作 -我说不好
- This is what I do. - I don't know.
效果好的几率有多大
Like, how often is it good?
其实 这么说吧
You know. I'll say this:
每天都不一样
Every day is different,
每天都很艰难
every day is hard,
但总会有高光时刻
but it has its moments.
我觉得阿诺德的工作
The way I think of Arnold's job
就像是史上最怪的骑着自行车到处走的工作
is like the weirdest recycling job ever.
带着那些歌♥到处走动
Taking these songs, changing them around a little,
在一个出其不意的场合进行表演
and performing them in a setting they were not made for.
稍加改编 唱给一个
Repurposing them for this audience
通常并不想听的听众
that usually does not want them.
说实话 很难想象比阿诺德每天面对的
Honestly it's hard to imagine a tougher room,
更窘迫的场合
a more hostile crowd than
更有敌意的人
the one that Arnold faces,
日复一日
day in and day out.
好姑娘
Good girl.
但他还是会带着这些不受欢迎的歌♥出现
But he shows up with these unwanted songs,
他不会被拥抱
and he is not embraced.
就好像他是一次性用品
It's like he's disposable.
直到终于偶尔有那么一次
Until finally, not very often,
那些老歌♥里隐藏的真爱找到了归宿
the true love that lives inside those old songs finds a home.
-这是怕丢 -你好 怕丢
- This is FOMO. - Hi, fomo.
这个夏天她跟我们一起玩
She'll be hanging out with us this summer.
我很高兴
That makes me happy.
好了 去吧
Yeah. There you go.
-你干什么呢 -我稍微...
- Hey, what are you doin'? - I'm doin' a little...
快放下 别干了 来
Come on! Come on, come on!
好了 我来
All right, all right.
太感谢了 谢谢
Thank you so much. Thank you.
-好样的 -还真不是闹着玩的
- Oh dang! Got it! - You weren't kiddin' around.
而且 我得说
And God knows I have to say
我们的广播讲过很多故事
that lots of stories that we do here on the radio,
只有潜入内心最深处的感受
is only by diving into the darkest feelings,
深挖一个人可能在经历的最糟糕的时刻
the worst moments a person possibly goes through...
我们才能得到一些值得一听的内容
that we get to anything worth hearing.
而这其中最美妙的部分
And what makes it kinda beautiful
这么说有点肉麻 但是真的
and it's a little corny, but it's true,
就是它的随机性
is how random it is.
经常性的 就好像一个随机的时刻
So often it's just like this random moment, you know?
你在路边看到一个没人要的东西
You see something on the curb that nobody wanted.
你想着 "可以归我啊"
You realize like, oh, that can be mine,
"它现在是我的了"
like that is mine now.
就好像这个随机的美好出现在了你的一天中
Like this moment of random greatness pops into your day
否则它就只是一件巨大的垃圾
that was otherwise monumental garbage.
这就是我们今天的节目
That's our show today:
人们去垃圾堆里深挖
People going deep into the trash,
希望能发现一些好东西
hoping to pull out something good.
芝加哥WBEZ电台 《美国生活》
From WBEZ Chicago, it's This American Life.
我是埃拉·格拉斯
I'm Ira Glass.
别走开
Stay with us.
完美 再来一次吗
Perfect. Do it again?
剧集 | 难以伺候 | 导航列表