剧集 | 成长不容易(2018) | 导航列表
The pursuit of higher education aside,
除了接受高等教育
there are so many reasons people go to college.
人们上大学有很多目的
Some go to find love...
有些人是为了寻找爱情
...others to find their purpose.
另一些人是为了寻找人生目标
And for Vivek Shah,
对于Vivek Shah
the number-one reason he went
他上大学的最主要目的
was to reinvent himself and finally fit in.
是为了重塑自我和融入
But don't get me wrong...
但别误会我哦
there'd been some bumps along the road to his reinvention.
但他重塑自我的路上有一些困难
What's up with you and being so close to my body, bro?
你靠我这么近干什么 兄弟
Bro, you make it so hard to root for you.
兄弟 你让人很难支持你
Bitch, I will slap you.
贱♥人♥ 我要扇你了
But despite the growing pains,
尽管经历了成长的阵痛
Vivek had finally found his way.
Vivek终于探索出了自己的道路
I'm sorry. I couldn't hear you.
对不起 我听不见你说话
Is that a domi-yes? Hm?
你说的是多米对吗 嗯
Or a domi-nos, bitch?!
还是多米诺(错)啊 贱♥人♥
Whoo!
哇
And since being kicked out of Winthrop house
而且自从被有钱孩子赶出温斯洛普之家
by the rich kids and crashing at Hawkins,
在霍金斯大厅借宿后
he had really started to fit in.
他开始真的融入了
But on the road to reinventing yourself and trying to fit in,
但在重塑自己 融入群体的过程中
is it possible to fit in too well?
会不会有点融入过头了
Get at me later, my nigga.
等会见哦 兄弟
What the hell just happened?
刚才他妈发生了什么
Hold up.
等等
Did anybody peep that?
有人看见了吗
Why is nobody trippin'?
为什么没人在意呢
Trippin' on what? Somebody do something?
在意什么 有人做什么了吗
Your boy, "V-Didge."
你的好哥们"威大帝"啊
Yo, it seems like he's starting to feel
看上去他好像
a little too at home at Hawkins.
把霍金斯当自己家一样
Well, I mean, the dude's been crashing here,
他最近一直借住在这里
so technically, he is home.
所以严格来说 他就是在家里啊
No, no, I'm saying, like, homeland home,
不 不 我的意思是 家乡那种家
motherland home,
祖国那种家
"For Us By Us,"
"为了我们 由我们制♥造♥"
but he ain't one-of-us kind of home.
但他并不是我们同类的那种家
Yo, he's starting to get a little too comfortable, man.
他也太不见外了
Well, I can argue Vivek has always... been comfortable.
我可以说Vivek一直很 不见外的
Hey, Queen.
嘿 女王陛下
We do it for the culture!
我们这么做是为了文化
Excuse me, Queen, you thirsty this evening?
打扰一下 女王陛下 你今晚渴吗
You mad.
你疯了
Yeah. No, I'm saying my problem is,
是 不 我是说我的问题是
we're all a little too comfortable
我们有点过于纵容
with him being that comfortable.
他这么不见外了
Somebody's gonna have to check his ass.
得有人去提醒他一下
What? Whoa! Can you...
什么 哇哦 你能
Dude, this is our boy we're talking about here, okay?
兄弟 我们在谈论我们的朋友 好吗
Not some stranger.
不是什么陌生人
This is harmless, sweet-faced, chipper-ass Vivek.
这可是无害的 总对人笑脸相迎的Vivek
The dude's like a buff little Disney prince or something.
他就像个褐色的迪士尼小王子似的
No, no, no. Did you not hear what Rafael just called him?
不 不 不 你听见刚才Rafael叫他什么了吗
That's not Vivek's fault.
又不是Vivek的错
You cannot blame him for Rafael's dumbass comment.
你不能因为Rafael的蠢话怪他
Plus, everybody knows Rafael says the N-word all the time.
更何况 大家都知道Rafael总是说那个N开头的词
The dude's got a serious problem.
这家伙嘴巴脏得很
Come on, nigga. Come on!
拜托 老兄 拜托
Ooh!
哦
My fuck.
我♥操♥
Talkin' bout.
这才对嘛
Come on. Unh-unh. Don't do that.
动啊 别 别关键时刻掉链子
But that doesn't excuse Vivek's behavior.
但这并不能给Vivek的行为开脱
Bro, he's appropriating our culture... period.
兄弟 他在挪用我们的文化 就这样
How can Vivek be guilty of cultural appropriation?
Vivek怎么就文化挪用了
By definition, it means taking the elements of someone else's culture
从定义上讲 它意味着拿走别人文化中的元素
without knowing anything about it
却一点也不了解它
or having any respect for it.
或者尊重它
Vivek isn't stealing anything, and you are buggin'.
Vivek什么也没偷 你在挑刺罢了
Yo, when I watch old boy brush his hair
我看见他用那把小木梳
with the little wooden brush like that,
那个样子梳头发
I feel mad disrespected.
我就觉得很不被尊重
From the way he brushes his hair?
因为他梳头的方式吗
Yes, and you don't find it odd that when we text each other,
是 而且你不觉得当我们俩发短♥信♥时
he sends me the black thumbs-up emoji?
他给我发一个黑大拇指很奇怪吗
Honestly, I find it more odd that two grown-ass men text with emojis.
说实话 我觉得两个成年男人发短♥信♥带表情才奇怪呢
Okay.
好吧
And in his defense, Vivek is brown.
替他说句公道话 Vivek是棕色人种
What the hell color is he supposed to use?
他他妈的应该用什么颜色啊
Not the Wesley Snipes thumb.
反正不该用这个Wesley Snipes式的大拇指
Yo, and... and... Okay.
而且 而且 好吧
How do you explain the whole video game thing?
你怎么解释电子游戏的事呢
Doug, it's a basketball game.
Doug 它是个篮球游戏
The majority of the players are Black.
大部分玩家都是黑人
Here.
给你
Yo, he had the option to customize his player
他本有机会订制个跟他自己
to look exactly like himself,
一模一样的游戏人物的
and he went and made it look like 2 Chainz.
但他把游戏人物做得像2 Chainz
Yo, I just think you're too close to dude to see it.
我觉得你是当局者迷
I guarantee you if this was anybody else besides your BFF,
我保证如果这人不是你的好朋友
you would find this whole thing mad sus.
你就会察觉这整件事很不对劲
Just sayin'.
说说而已
So, after learning that a little volunteer work
所以 知道少许志愿工作
would not only help society
不仅能帮助社会
but also help me boost my grade
还能提高我的分数
so I could get off of academic probation,
让我脱离留校观察
I decided to scour the Internet.
我决定去网上找一下
You know, it's too bad that Cal U won't give you extra credit
可惜宾州加大不会因为我做的这种志愿工作
for the type of volunteer work that I do.
给你加额外的学分
Which is...?
是什么
Writing sizeable tax-deductible donations
给以色列私立学校学生豪捐一笔
to private school students in Israel.
还可税前扣除呢
Wow. How noble of you.
哇哦 你太高尚了
I'm pretty much like the Jewish Oprah.
我就像犹太人版的Oprah
Okay, you're insane.
好了 你疯了
Well, I'm big on giving back, too.
好吧 我也很爱回馈社会的
Once a year, I go with my church into low-income neighborhoods
一年一次 我和所在教区教堂一起去贫穷社区
to paint poor children's faces.
给贫困的孩子们脸上作画
You guys, you should see the smile on their faces.
你们真应该看看他们脸上的笑容
After we paint them on.
在我们画了他们的小脸蛋之后
Okay, and you're insane, too.
好吧 你也疯了
Ah. Damn it!
啊 该死
The puppy rescue is full.
拯救狗狗计划名额满了
You know, I would have killed
你们知道的 我超想
to rescue a poor little discarded golden retriever named Hector.
解救一只被遗弃的叫Hector的金毛寻回犬
Ohh. That woman looks so fulfilled.
哦 这个女人看上去好满足啊
Okay, well, is there another site you can check?
好吧 还有别的网站搜搜吗
Uh...
呃
Actually, you know what?
事实上 你知道吗
There's a site my father uses.
有个我爸用的网站
Arts and culture... Yeah.
艺术和文化 就它了
And ZIP code...
邮政编码是
Oh! "Project: Ballgown."
哦 "礼服项目"
This is actually pretty perfect.
太完美了
Not only can I stack extra credit,
我不仅可以拿到额外的学分
but I can also stack the confidence of high school girls
还可以帮助买♥♥不起舞会礼裙的高中女孩
who can't afford prom dresses.
重拾信心
That's perfect. Mmhmm.
太棒了 嗯哼
I mean... it's no face paint.
我是说 这不是脸部油彩
剧集 | 成长不容易(2018) | 导航列表