剧集 | 英国铁路纪行(2010) | 导航列表
常有人说"钟声不会让你们睡着吗?"
It's often said, "Doesn't the ticking sends you to sleep?"
我们总是回答会睡着——但每次只睡15分钟
But we always reply that it does but only for 15 minutes at a time.
(迈克尔笑声)
MICHAEL LAUGHS
大本钟在1859年首次鸣响 既然已经爬到这里
Big Ben rang out its first chimes in 1859 and, having come up this far,
不登上钟室就太可惜了
it would be crazy not to go all the way up to the bell chamber.
虽然共有五口钟
Although there are five bells,
但报时的著名钟声由最大的钟发出
the famous bongs which chime the hour are rung by the biggest one,
重达13.5吨♥
all 13 ½ tonnes of it.
这才是真正的大本钟
And this is properly Big Ben.
很多人都把钟楼叫做大本钟 但其实这口钟才是大本钟
So many people call the clock tower Big Ben. But that bell is Big Ben.
大本钟敲响时站在这里是什么感觉?
When Big Ben sounds, what's it like to be standing here?
非常吵 所以我们才给你耳罩
Loud. That's why we give you ear defenders.
这里的音量约117分贝 但音色很美
It's about 117 decibels when it's up here but it's a lovely tone,
因为钟体有裂缝所以音调略低
slightly flat because of the cracks in it,
但音色优美 非常独特
but a lovely tone. Really distinctive.
大约30秒后你会看到
What you're going to see in about 30 seconds
第三刻钟钟锤会移♥动♥
is the hammer on the third quarter bell will move
这是16响报时前奏开始的信♥号♥♥
and that's the signal for the start of the 16 notes for the chime.
然后会有8秒停顿
Then there's a pause of eight seconds
接着主钟钟锤就会敲响
and the hammer on the great bell will go.
所以盯着那边的钟锤看
So if you keep your eye on that hammer across there,
就不会被吓到 要开始了
it doesn't come as a shock, then. Here we go.
(钟声响起)
BELL RINGS
震动非常强烈 而这还只是小钟的声音
There is certainly plenty of vibration and we've only had the small bells so far.
现在等待主钟登场 大本钟 开始你的表演吧
Now we're waiting for the big daddy of them all. Do your stuff, Big Ben.
(钟声鸣响)
BELL CHIMES
(钟声持续鸣响)
BELL CONTINUES TO CHIME
我们周围的铁架结构
The iron structure all around us
仍在剧烈震动颤抖嗡鸣
is absolutely shaking and vibrating and humming still
我想世界上没有任何游乐设施
and I don't think there would be an amusement
能与之相比
that you could take in the world,
没有哪座过山车能比得上这种刺♥激♥——
there's no big dipper that would compare with the excitement -
现在可以摘耳罩了——
I can take these out now -
站在轰鸣的巨钟旁的这种体验
of being next to that great big bell when it goes off.
太震撼了 不是吗?它已经这样响了150年
It's fantastic, isn't it? And it's been doing that for 150 years.
令人敬畏
It's awesome.
有时在借助布拉德肖指南环游英国的铁路旅程中
Sometimes, during the course of my rail journey around Britain
我曾嘲笑过19世纪的那种傲慢
using Bradshaw's Guide, I've scoffed at its 19th-century arrogance.
那些人自信到以为自己是世界上最伟大的
Those people were so confident that they were the greatest.
但当我站在这座维多利亚建筑旁
But as I stand here by the Victorian building
这座我度过大半职业生涯的建筑
where I spent most of my career,
我意识到如果没有他们的建筑
I realise that without their architecture,
科学和铁路 就不会有今天的我们
their science and their railways, we would not be who we are today.
在旅途中我发现 如今我们最擅长的事
And during my travels, I've discovered that the things we do
都源于对品质的热情与坚持
best today are inspired by passion and a commitment to quality
而这种精神的源头或许就是布拉德肖那一代人
for which the inspiration could be Bradshaw's generation.
旅程最后一程 我已不需要布拉德肖指南
And for the last leg of my journey, I've no need for Bradshaw's Guide.
我正在回家路上
I'm on my way home.
剧集 | 英国铁路纪行(2010) | 导航列表