剧集 | 英国铁路纪行(2010) | 导航列表
This is a currency that can't leave Totnes, it can't go anywhere else.
"托特尼斯镑旨在鼓励民众
'The aim of the Totnes pound is to encourage people
"购买♥♥本地♥产♥品支持本地商业。"
'to buy local products and support local businesses.'
可在镇上80家店铺使用,
You can spend it in 80 shops in the town
我们非常推崇。最近还启发了其他地区。
and we're very fond of it. It recently inspired other places.
这是上周发行的布里克斯顿镑。
This is a Brixton pound which was launched last week.
设计略有不同。但核心理念一致。
A slightly different look. Yeah, but that's the thing.
它们彰显着发行地的文化与特色。
They're a celebration of the place and culture from which they emerge.
还有5镑、10镑和20镑面额。
They also have a five, a ten and £20 note as well.
甚至能缴纳市政税。
You can pay your council tax with them as well.
很棒,我该去兑换些本地货币了。
Very good, well I better go and equip myself with some currency.
希望您使用愉快。
I think you had and have fun spending them.
非常感谢,祝你们顺利。
Thank you very much, good luck to you.
非常感谢。谢谢。
Thanks very much. Thank you.
其实不用走多远,
As it turns out, I don't have to go far
就能兑换托特尼斯镑。
to find somewhere to change my Bank of England pounds.
你好,我想兑换托特尼斯镑。
Hello, I've come to buy some Totnes pounds, please.
要兑换多少?
Totnes pounds, how many would you like?
20英镑的就行。
Oh, you do. Right, well, £20 worth would be fine.
汇率是多少?
What's the exchange rate?
1:1兑换。1托特尼斯镑兑1英镑。
One for one. One Totnes pound for £1 sterling.
很合理,谢谢。不客气。
Ah, that seems very reasonable, thank you. You're welcome.
20英镑换20托特尼斯镑。
20 Totnes pounds for £20 sterling.
谢谢,合作愉快,
Thank you, a pleasure doing business with you,
我去试试看。谢谢。
I'll put that to the test. Thank you.
我想买♥♥本铁路书籍。
I was looking for a railway book.
给您先生,推荐这本。我刚坐过这条线。
There we go, sir, it's recommended. I've just been on that line.
很好。用托特尼斯镑多少钱?
Very nice. How much is that in Totnes pounds?
和标价相同先生,14.99英镑。
Exactly the same price as is on the cover, sir. £14.99.
好的,我看看。
OK. Let me see what I've got here.
我只有1镑面额的。
I'm afraid I've only got £1 notes.
没关系先生,我们正在等待
That's all right, sir, we're just waiting
发行5镑和10镑面额。
for them to introduce the fivers and tenners.
...四、五、六...
..four, five, six...
能找给我1托特尼斯便士吗?
Could I have one Totnes penny in change, please.
抱歉还没有发行辅币。
Unfortunately they don't do those yet, I'm afraid.
只能找普通便士。好吧。
Just your regular penny. Just the regular penny.
行吧。
All right.
给您先生。非常感谢。
There you go, sir. Thank you very much indeed.
这次消费让我很有成就感。
I know I'm going to get a lot of satisfaction out of that.
给您先生。谢谢。
There you go, sir. Thank you.
谢谢。再见。
Thank you. Bye-bye. Bye.
风水轮流转。
What goes around comes around.
维多利亚时代的蒸汽火车轮船
Victorian steam trains and ships
让英国人享受到全球物产。
enabled Britons to enjoy the products of the world.
如今托特尼斯呼吁回归本土化思考与行动。
Now Totnes wants us to step back. To think and act locally.
乔治·布拉德肖会欣慰我采纳建议
I think George Bradshaw would be pleased that I took the tip
去托基呼吸健康空气,
and went to Torquay for the healthy air
也会喜欢我乘船游览达特河,
and delighted that I took a boat trip on the River Dart,
但不会认同托特尼斯镑。
but he wouldn't approve of the Totnes pound.
维多利亚人不信奉地方主义。
The Victorians didn't believe in localism.
他们身处全球贸易帝国的中心。
They were at the heart of a global trading Empire.
若知道英国从印度进口人力车,
If he knew that Britain was importing rickshaws from India,
他会觉得世界颠倒了。
he would think the world was standing on its head.
明天我将造访
Tomorrow, I'll be visiting
世界最大的瓷土矿场。
the largest china clay mines in the world.
非凡的景象,宛如月球表面。
What an extraordinary scene, like a vast moonscape.
探索维多利亚人如何塑造英式园林。
I'll be finding out how the Victorians shaped British gardens.
我们传承的是维多利亚园艺传统、
What we're celebrating is the Victorian tradition of how things were gardened,
维多利亚生活态度
the Victorian attitudes to life
及园丁们的匠心精神。
and also the people who worked in these gardens.
这些正在消逝。
That's what we regard as lost.
还将探寻沙丁鱼的华丽转身。
And I'll be discovering what's happened to the humble pilchard.
更名后的沙丁鱼需求量大增。
There is a big demand for pilchards which has been renamed the sardine.
沙丁鱼就是原来的沙脑鱼?
Ah, the sardine and the pilchard are one and the same, are they?
完全同一种鱼。
They are exactly the same.
剧集 | 英国铁路纪行(2010) | 导航列表