剧集 | 英国铁路纪行(2010) | 导航列表
Today, my grandfather's pictures, bought with the profits
陈列在镇上的艺术馆中
from the factory, are displayed in the town's impressive art gallery.
维多利亚式教养赋予约翰·布莱斯等商人
John Blyth's Victorian upbringing gave him and other businessmen
强烈的市民荣誉感
an intense sense of civic pride.
祖父是重要藏家 并成为首任馆长
My grandfather was a big paintings collector, and became the first curator of the gallery.
1926年开馆典礼上 年幼的母亲
And at the opening ceremony in 1926, my mother as a little girl
向贵宾献上花束
presented the posy of flowers to the guests of honour.
隔壁展厅是祖父旧藏
In the next two rooms are paintings that used to belong to my grandfather.
这些是威廉·麦克塔格特作品
These are by William McTaggart.
他出生时乔治·布拉德肖刚去世
He was born around the time that George Bradshaw died.
有些作品情感丰沛
Some could be very, very sentimental,
但我记得这类画作
but I remember paintings like this,
暴风雨中挣扎的孩童令人恐惧
scary ones of children being battered by storms.
曾让我毛骨悚然
They really rather frightened me.
记得祖父宅邸满是静物画
I remember my grandfather's house being full of still lifes.
这幅我记忆犹新
This one I remember well.
明显受法国印象派
This is obviously inspired by a French Impressionist,
保罗·塞尚影响
by Paul Cezanne.
即便儿时的我也钟爱这些
Even as a kid, I loved these
色彩明快 通俗易懂的画作
brightly-coloured, easy-to-understand pictures.
欣喜看到祖父藏品公开展览 实现其夙愿
I love to see my grandfather's paintings on display for all to enjoy, just as he intended.
这是场传承之旅
This has been a journey of legacies.
克莱德河谷 果农重植果园
In the Clyde valley, the fruit growers are planting their orchards again.
福斯铁路桥 工程师再铸辉煌
On the Forth rail bridge, the engineers are building anew.
柯科迪这里 祖父的产业
And here in Kirkcaldy, my grandfather's industry
通过油毡得以延续
is perpetuated through linoleum,
心爱的画作仍冠其名
and his beloved collection of paintings still bears his name.
时光侵蚀 但未摧毁
Time has eroded, but it has not destroyed.
下周旅程将从斯温顿前往彭赞斯
On my journey next week, I'll be travelling from Swindon down to Penzance.
途中将体验巴斯温泉
Along the way, I'll be sampling the Spa at Bath.
这些泡澡神器太棒了!没错!让我想起...
These things are great for wallowing! Yes! I can think of various...
这玩意打人可够疼的!
You could deliver a nasty blow to someone with one of those!
将体验维多利亚式旅行
I'll be travelling like the Victorians.
火车不仅让维多利亚人
Not only did the trains make it possible for them
实现前所未有的体验
to do things they'd never done before,
更将他们带入都市居民
they also brought them into the heart of countryside and landscape,
从未见过的乡野风光
the like of which city dwellers in particular had never seen.
还将品尝康沃尔最新鲜特产
And I'll be tasting some of Cornwall's freshest produce.
干杯 干杯
Cheers. Cheers.
我还想再来一杯!管够!
I could have another of those! You can have as many as you like!
剧集 | 英国铁路纪行(2010) | 导航列表