剧集 | 英国铁路纪行(2010) | 导航列表
Have you got a moment before you set off for a word?
当然,请出来吧。上车说。
Yes. Pop out, please. Come aboard.
谢谢,我们上来了。
Oh, thank you. We're coming up.
"司机巴里·戴蒙和司炉工克里斯·威尔逊
'Driver, Barry Damon, and fireman, Chris Wilson
对蒸汽火车有着无法治愈的热爱。"
'have an incurable passion for steam.'
首先注意到的是炉膛散发出的
Well, the first thing you notice is the enormous heat
巨大热量。
coming out of the furnace here.
炉火通红,而且炉膛很大,对吧?
It's roaring red and it's a very big furnace as well, isn't it?
是的,现在火势其实在减弱。
Yeah, it is. That fires dying away at the moment, actually.
出发前得加把火。
We'll have to do a lot of building up on that before we leave.
这是你的工作?把温度提上去?
That's your job? Really get the temperature up, yeah.
你怎么当上司炉工的?这是很多人的梦想,你还很年轻。
So how did you get to be a fireman? It's everybody's dream and you are quite young.
我家至少四代,甚至五代人
Yeah, there's at least four, if not five generations before me
都在铁路工作。所以这是注定的。
that have worked on railways. So, it was going to happen.
你从小就痴迷火车吗?
Were you always crazy about trains as a kid?
是的,《托马斯小火车》让我彻底着迷了。
Yeah, yeah, Thomas The Tank Engine got out of control, really.
你是司机?对。稍后你要开往金斯维尔
And you are the driver. Yes. So you're going to be running us down the line in a moment
最高时速多少?
to Kingswear and what speed are we going at, maximum?
遗产铁路限速每小时25英里。
Well, the Heritage Line we're limited to 25 miles an hour.
很悠闲的维多利亚时代速度,我会非常享受。
A very sedate Victorian speed, I shall enjoy it very much, indeed.
这就是工作的意义。
That's what the job's about, yes.
把煤铲进去,保持火车运行?
Shovel all the coal in, got to keep her rolling?
我马上开始铲煤升温
I'll get shovelling in a minute, get the temperature up
给司机提供蒸汽就能出发了。谢谢,期待旅程。
and give the driver the steam and we'll be on our way. Thank you, I look forward to it.
蒸汽火车沿着海岸驶向达特河口的
The steam train follows the coast to Kingswear
金斯维尔。
at the mouth of the River Dart.
火车沿着这片壮丽的红色沙滩
The train edges along by the side of this magnificent
古丁顿沙滩缓缓前行。
red coloured beach, Goodrington sands.
1英镑附加费。非常感谢,先生。
£1 supplement. Thank you very much, indeed, sir.
非常感谢。
Thank you very much.
这个观景车厢真棒。
This is a lovely observation car.
你知道它的历史吗?
What's the history of this, do you know?
最初建于1919年,
This was built originally in 1919,
1915年最初是作为救护车使用的。
well 1915 originally as an ambulance car.
有人说这段旅程很特别,为什么?
People have told me this is a very special journey. Why is that?
德文郡最美风景,无与伦比。
Devon views at their best, you can't beat this.
现在看起来美极了,对吧?
It's looking absolutely wonderful at the moment, isn't it?
是的,通常都是这样。
Yes, it's usually like this.
即使潮湿时也有德文郡的阳光。
Even when it's damp there's still Devon sunshine.
路线最美的是哪段?我需要留意什么?
What's the very best part of the route, what shall I look out for
可能是托贝区,当我们驶向彻斯顿,然后前往达特茅斯时,
Maybe the Torbay area as we go up towards Churston and then as we drop down towards Dartmouth,
右侧是达特河,对岸是达特茅斯的美景。
we've got the River Dart on the right e with the views across to Dartmouth on the other side.
所以全程都是亮点?
So it's nothing but highlights?
确实,唯一看不到什么的是隧♥道♥里。
Really, yes, the only place you don't see very much is in the tunnel.
好的,谢谢。好的,先生。
All right, thank you. OK, sir.
再见。
Bye-bye.
"这1英镑花得值。"
'That extra pound is a bargain.'
观景车厢是欣赏这段 breathtaking
This observation car is the best vantage point
breathtaking 旅程的最佳位置。
for this breathtaking journey.
我喜欢火车转弯时的感觉,像这样,
I love the way it when the train goes round the corner, like this,
可以看到前方的火车头。
and you get a good view of the locomotive up the front.
强大的动力、蒸汽和烟雾,推动火车前进,太刺♥激♥了!
All that power and steam and smoke, driving our train forth, thrilling!
路线上还有更多布鲁内尔的工程成就,
The route is distinguished by yet more of Brunel's engineering
如布罗德桑兹和胡克希尔的高架桥。
accomplishments, like the viaducts at Broadsands and Hookhills.
鸣笛表示要进隧♥道♥了,我得回去。
And that whistle means a tunnel coming, I'm going back.
可以想象维多利亚时代铁路旅客的兴奋。
You can imagine the excitement of a Victorian railway traveller.
火车不仅让他们能做前所未有的事情,
Not only did the trains make it possible for them to do things
还带他们深入从未见过的
they'd never done before, they also brought them into the heart of
乡村和风景,
countryside and landscape, the like of which,
尤其是城市居民。
city dwellers in particular, had never seen.
如今,这条线路的乘客大多是前往
These days, most users of this line are tourists
历史名镇达特茅斯的游客。
making their way to the historic town of Dartmouth.
真的太刺♥激♥了。
That really was thrilling.
任何蒸汽火车旅程都很令人兴奋,
I mean, any steam train journey is very exciting
许多都穿越美丽的乡村。
and many of them pass through wonderful countryside.
但至少在我看来,
But at least in my experience,
这是海岸风景最壮观的一次。
that was the most remarkable for coastal scenery.
布拉德肖指南常常出人意料地与时俱进。
Bradshaw's guide is often surprisingly up-to-date.
它告诉我达特河上没有桥,
It tells me there's no bridge across the Dart
需要乘渡船。
and that I will need to take a ferry.
现在和当时一样。
Well, it is as true now as it was then.
三个大人一个孩子,共5英镑...
Three adults and a child, please. That's five pounds...
对岸是所谓的达特茅斯火车站,
On the other side, is what's called Dartmouth railway station,
尽管达特河这一侧从未有过火车。
although in fact there's never been a train on this bank of the Dart.
很漂亮。
It's lovely.
这是非常独特的铁路建筑。
It's very distinctive railway architecture.
保存得非常完好。
It's very beautifully preserved.
这里曾是售票处,那边是候车室。
This used to be the booking office, this used to be the waiting room.
现在是快餐店。
Now it's a snack bar.
你好!先生,很高兴见到你。
Hello! Hello, sir, nice to meet you.
很高兴见到你。你喜欢在这个美丽的地方工作吗?
Nice to meet you. Do you like working in this beautiful place?
当然,当我第一次听说
Of course, when I first heard about it
这是布鲁内尔设计的,我非常惊讶。
that it was designed by Brunel, I was really surprised. Yeah.
我喜欢这里。作为一个斯洛伐克人,
I like it here. For me as a Slovakian,
这里的文化和建筑方式
it's, for me, amazing and special because this culture and how it was
对我来说都是新鲜的。
designed and built is, for me, new, it was everything, for me, new.
这是...传统。
This is... Traditions.
传统意义上的火车站,尽管从未有过火车。
..traditionally a railway station, even though it never had any trains.
没错。我在树园读到,
That's right. And I read in the Tree Park,
这可能是世界上唯一一个这样的车站。
that it's the only one in the world, something like that, probably.
没有铁轨,很神奇。对我来说,布鲁内尔意义重大。
Without actually track, it's amazing. For me, Brunel, means something.
所以你崇拜布鲁内尔?
And so you admire Brunel?
我崇拜。许多美丽的桥梁,出色的结构
I admire. Many beautiful bridges, good structures
我认为他的一些项目将流传千古
and I think some of his projects will survive ages
为未来世代服务。
and will be working for many generations in the future.
非常感谢。谢谢。
Thank you so much. Thank you.
很高兴和你交谈。
Very nice to talk to you.
我很欣慰布鲁内尔的名声
I am gratified for Brunel that, deservedly,
传到了斯洛伐克。
his fame has spread to Slovakia.
19世纪初,达特茅斯陆路交通也很不便。
In the early 19th century Dartmouth was hard to access, even by land.
186♥4♥年铁路通达后,这里开始作为港口繁荣起来。
When the railways reached here in 186♥4♥, it began to thrive as a port.
布拉德肖指南关于达特茅斯:
Bradshaw's Guide on Dartmouth.
"这座古老的海港坐落在达特河口,风景优美。
"This very ancient sea port is beautifully situated at the mouth of the Dart.
"港口可停泊多达500艘大型船只,
"It's harbour, affording accommodation for as many as
"四周被300-400英尺高的山丘
"500 large vessels, is completely landlocked
"环绕,形成天然屏障。"
"with hills rising 300-400ft."
不久后皇家海军就发现了
It wouldn't be long before the royal navy
达特茅斯的吸引力。
discovered the attractions of Dartmouth.
铁路还将数百名新兵运送到
The railways also transported hundreds of recruits
新成立的皇家海军学院。
to the recently opened Royal naval college.
这里至今仍是皇家海军唯一的军官培训基地。
It remains the Royal Navy's single facility for turning out officers.
布拉德肖推荐的今晚住宿酒店,
And my hotel for the night, recommended by Bradshaw,
深深浸透着达特茅斯的海军历史。
is steeped in Dartmouth's naval past.
你好,是波蒂略先生吗?你好。
Hi, Mr Portillo? Hello.
我是奈杰尔·韦德,亲切的店主兼持牌人。
Hi, I'm Nigel Wade, genial host and licensee.
很高兴见到你。能聊几句吗?
Very nice to see you. Have you got a couple of seconds?
当然。这家酒店充满海军历史气息。
Sure. This hotel just reeks of naval history.
自1639年至今已有多年历史。
Well, it's been years since the 1639.
达特茅斯是重要的航海港口。
Dartmouth is one of the great seafaring ports.
你正位于它的中心。
You are right in the centre of it.
16世纪时,达特茅斯还以私掠船闻名。
In the 16th century, Dartmouth was also notorious for its Privateers.
这些政♥府♥支持的海盗
These government sponsored pirates
劫掠外国船只牟利。
hijacked foreign ships and sold them for profit.
船只被俘后停在外面,
When a boat was captured it was brought in, tied up outside.
举♥行♥"烛光拍卖♥♥",
A thing called a sale by the candle was held,
就在那边房♥间,他们会说:
which meant that in that room just over there they would have said,
"我们要点燃这支蜡烛,
"We're going to light this candle.
"蜡烛熄灭前的最高出价者得到这艘船。"
"The best offer we get before the candle goes out will get this ship."
私掠船就这样赚钱。
That is how the Privateers made their money.
你说得委婉,所谓船只其实是西班牙船吧?
You are being a bit tactful because when you say boat you actually mean Spanish ships, don't you?
确实如此。我这是在讲究政♥治♥正确。
剧集 | 英国铁路纪行(2010) | 导航列表