剧集 | 美国重案(2015) | 导航列表
they're led to believe
这至少对他们的处境是有益的
that there's at least a benefit to their circumstances.
与我们的组织合作的北极星
O-our organization has partnered with Polaris.
是一个与现代奴隶制
They're a nonprofit NGO...
以及人口贩卖♥♥生意做斗争的
...established to combat modern-day slavery
非营利的非政♥府♥组织
and human trafficking.
-现代奴隶制 -我不认为
- Modern-day slavery. -I don't think...
别的国家称之为工作
In the rest of the world, it's called a job.
喝闷酒 还是只是喝酒
Drinking alone, or just drinking?
我老婆在忙着和所有人交朋友
Oh, uh, I got another 40 minutes to kill
所以我还得再消磨个40分钟
while my wife makes friends with everybody here.
离婚以后我感觉每天都少浪费3小时
Getting divorced added an extra three hours back into my day.
布伦特·韦尔奇
Brent Welch.
尼克·柯茨
Uh, Nick Coates.
柯茨
Coates?
你名下有一间家具公♥司♥吗
You, uh -- You related to the furniture company?
是我的
Yeah, that's mine.
不是吧
No lie?
美国最舒适的家具
"America's most comfortable furniture."
我以前买♥♥过你家很多东西
I used to have a bunch of your stuff.
以前
Used to, huh?
都被我老婆拿走了
Wife took 'em.
都被她写进离婚协议了
Put it in the settlement.
看你家以前做的东西多好
That's how good your stuff was.
以前
Was.
确实如此
And that's for damn sure.
外界环境束缚了我
Eh...outsourcing, yeah, it forced my hand.
那些监管机构 税务机构
Regulators, uh, unions' taxes...
我花了6年时间 在地球的
I spent the last six years bleeding jobs
另一边呕心沥血的工作
to the other side of the planet.
可你一说到挣钱
The minute you start talking about trying to turn a profit,
人们就会指责你的企业贪婪成性
you -- everybody accuses you of corporate greed.
真该让他们也感受一下这样的夜晚
Hell if they'll ever have a night like this for us.
提供一组数据
Now -- Now, to give you an idea
让你们了解一下这样的事件有多少
of the numbers that they're dealing with,
他们的热♥线♥去年在
21,000 calls came in to their hotline
全国范围内共接到21000个电♥话♥
last year nationwide.
其中有5500个电♥话♥
5,500 of those cases,
都被证实属于人口贩卖♥♥
they were identified as human trafficking.
其中75%涉及性贩卖♥♥
75% of those involve sex trafficking,
而其中三分之一都是未成年人
and a third of those involve minors.
我女儿跟着她妈妈
My daughter lives with her mother.
不管她想让我给她买♥♥什么
No matter if she wants me to pay for every damn thing
都能直接网上下单
she can right-click online.
可是她一跟我说话
When she talks to me at all,
就不停跟我扯白人男性特权
she's riding me about white male privilege.
白人男性特权谬论
The myth of white male privilege.
你有孩子吗 尼克
You got kids, Nick?
有一个
Mm-hmm. One.
五岁了
He's five.
那很棒
Oh, that's great!
我 我妻子
Yeah, my, uh -- my wife...
也不知道跑哪去了
running around here somewhere.
不管这个 她 她怀了孩子
Anyway, she -- she had her baby,
-然后她 -我就知道今天能见到你
- and then, she, uh... - I knew I'd see you tonight.
基本上就不再工作了
...basically left the business.
我妻子从来就没工作过
My wife never worked.
这与她的身份不符
It's beneath her.
她可是"南方贵族"
She's "Old South."
这不是挺好的嘛
Yeah, wouldn't that be something?
是啊 就
Yeah, you just...
什么事都不用干 在家歇着就行
you just drop out and kick back at home.
我到89岁90岁应该能退休了
I should be able to retire by the time I'm 89, 90.
这就是我们的负担
It's our burden
只不过没有人在意我们
except we don't get a hashtag.
认识你很高兴
Good to meet you.
你好
Oh. Hello.
你好
Hi.
非常感谢你的演讲
Thank you so much for your presentation.
谢谢
Oh. Thank you.
能有机会谈论这个话题 我很感激
I just...appreciate having the chance to talk about the issue.
克莱尔·柯茨
Clair Coates.
-基马...卡玛... -基马拉
- Kimar--Kamar-- - Kimara.
-基马拉 -是的 基马拉
- Kimara. - Kimara.
很高兴认识你 克莱尔
Yeah, nice to meet you, Clair.
很高兴认识你
Nice to meet you.
-我能和你一块坐吗 -请坐
- Do you mind if I take a little seat? - Oh, please.
-请坐请坐 -谢谢
- Not at all, not at all. - Thank you.
你知道吗
You know...
我很好奇 你刚才谈到
I was curious, what you were talking about,
人们被剥削
about people being exploited.
这不像是
It's not like it was...
我是说 事实并非如此
I mean, in -- Like it was.
我的意思是 他们可以选择
I me-- They have a choice.
他们有时候别无他选
Um, uh, no, they don't always have a choice.
如果摆在你面前的选择是
If your choice is between
饿死或者出♥卖♥♥♥自己
starving and selling yourself,
你会怎么做
what do you do?
如果你只能选择被打
If your choice is between getting beaten
或者听虐待者的话
or listening to what your abuser tells you...
是选择死亡还是苟活
dying or living...
我们可以做选择
We're the ones that have the choice
是因为我们有选择
because we actually can do something.
我知道 这很压抑
Yeah, I know. This, um, can be depressing.
不不不不 我家的保姆
Oh, no, no! No, my nanny -- I th--
我家的保姆刚给我发信息了
I thought my nanny had texted,
她和我儿子在家
'cause she's home with my son.
她是新来的
She's new.
他几岁了
How old is he?
叫尼基 五岁了
Nicky. He's five. He's five.
这真是个好年纪
It's -- It's a great age.
太幸福了 你有孩子吗
It's so great. Do you have children?
不 我没有孩子
No. No, no kids.
尼基是我的奇迹宝宝
Well, Nicky's my miracle baby.
为什么这么说
How so?
我一直没法怀孕
I could not get pregnant.
试了很多年了
I tried for years --
第三方意见 第四方意见
third opinion, fourth.
他们告诉我 我只能领养了
They told me I had to adopt.
可我没有放弃
I just kept trying.
我在夏洛特找到了一家生殖诊所
I found a fertility clinic in Charlotte.
很昂贵
Expensive.
我试了九次人工授精才怀上尼基
It took nine IVF procedures to conceive Nicky.
哇 这么多次
Wow. That many?
很贵 代价很高 真的很高
It cost. It really did. It cost.
但是 一切都值得
But it was -- it was worth every penny.
我想向你们捐款
Uh, you know, I'd like to make a donation.
以我儿子的名义捐款
I would like to make it in the name of my son.
非常感谢 克莱尔
Oh. Well, that -- that's much appreciated, Clair.
你们的组织叫什么名字
What is the name of your organization?
"正道计划"
Project Open Road.
"正道计划"
Project Open Road?
"正道"
Open road.
你们在做的事
Uh, well, you are doing...
你们的工作 很有意义
You're doing important work.
我们也希望如此
Yeah, we like to think that we are.
确实如此
Here to tell you you are.
愿上帝保佑你们
God bless.
谢谢
Thank you.
再见
Bye-bye now.
晚会挺不错的
剧集 | 美国重案(2015) | 导航列表