It's really quite the event, James.
庞弗里夫人在自己的土地上举办比赛
Mrs Pumphrey holds it on her own private ground.
抱歉 她还有自己的板球场?
Sorry, she has a cricket pitch?
是啊 在果园那头
Ground, yes, down beyond the orchard.
那位老夫人是彻底的板球狂热球迷
The old dear's completely cricket-mad.
你说你“不太会打板球” 意思是…
So, when you say you're "not much of a cricketer"...?
我比较擅长足球
Well, football's more my game.
但你打过吗?一、两次 可能只有一次
But you have played? Once or twice, probably just once.
天啊
Oh, dear.
我不知道这比赛这么重要
Well, I had no idea it was so important.
非常重要
Oh, I'd say it's important!
对约克郡人来说 最重要的就是国王、上帝、板球
For a Yorkshireman, it goes King, God, Cricket.
如果搞砸了
I mean, if you get this wrong,
人们会把你吊在广场上 真是胡扯
they'll string you up in the town square. Oh, fiddlesticks!
吉米很灵敏 体格也不赖 虽然没什么经验
James is fast and he's fit. All right, it's not his game,
但是… 经过一点指导后 他就会表现很好
but with a bit of coaching, he'll do perfectly well.
没错 我们很快就会把你训练起来
Quite right. We'll soon whip you into shape, lad.
只剩下一天半的时间了
So, we've a day and a half.
有14、15个小时的白天吧?
That's what, 14, 15 hours of sunlight?
你之前打过板球
Now, when you played before,
觉得自己比较擅长击球还是投球?
would you say you were more of a batsman or a bowler?
都不太擅长
Well, neither really.
那是在特伦的海滩上
It was on the beach at Troon and it was probably more what
可能比较象是法式板球
you would call French cricket.
但不可能比足球困难吧?
But it can't be any tougher than football.
至少在板球赛不会有人铲球
At least in cricket, no-one tackles you.
那是你还没见过朝你飞来的时速80英里板球
You haven't had a cricket ball coming at you at 80 mph.
说真的 吉米 那可能要了你的命
Seriously, James, one of those could kill you.
好 跟我来
Right, follow me.
杰茜 快点 把那东西给我 男生们要打板球
Jess, come on, give that, the boys need it for the cricket.
谢谢 好 来吧
Thank you. Right, come on.
好 吉米 就击球位置
Right, James. Take your guard.
记住 下半身站稳、头看球 挺直背
Remember, middle and leg, head over the ball, straight back.
重心在前脚上
Weight on the front foot...
漂亮轻松的高球
And nice easy lob...
你要保持击球姿势
You need to maintain your guard.
他打得怎么样?再试一次
How's he getting on? Try again...
你可以帮你兄弟一下吧?
You could give your brother a hand.
好 他可以为把我当傻瓜道歉
Yes, and he could apologise for treating me like a fool.
但我认为那不可能发生 再来
But I don't see that happening any time soon either. And...
吉米 请专心 我…
James, please, try to concentrate! I...!
好 再来一次 就击球位置 下半身站稳…
Right, once more, take your guard, middle and leg...
看在上帝的份上 吉米 给我吧
Oh, for the love of God. James, pass it here.
别一直想着要打到球
Right, don't even think about hitting it,
只要想着拦住球就好 拦住球?
just think about blocking it. Blocking it?
你只要在球过来时拦住它就好 来吧
You just need to get behind the ball and stop it, all right? Come on.
只要球没击中你的腿或三柱门 你就能继续击球
As long as it doesn't hit your leg or the wicket, you'll stay in.
不仅如此 还有…
Well, there's a little more to it, than that...
不 对吉米来说这样就够了 但就如往常一样
No, there isn't, not for James. But, as ever, you're making everything
你总是把每件事都复杂化一万倍
10,000 times more complicated than it has to be...
他得知道该怎么做啊
He needs to know what he should be doing...
不 他需要你别再用不重要的细节混淆他
No, he needs you to stop confusing him with pointless stuff.
让他喘口气 他会自己看着办的
Just let the man breathe and he'll work it out for himself.
拿去 吉米 试试看吧
James. Here, give it a try.
对 就是这样 放松点 你要做的就是拦住球
Right, that's it, just relax, all you need to do is block it.
成功了 当然
It worked! Course it did.
现在 记住最基本的规则
Now, just remember the cardinal rule -
千万不要离开门柱
never step away from your stumps.
虽然气氛很差但他至少帮上忙了
Well, at least he's making himself useful. Despite the injured air.
他觉得你欠他一句道歉
He feels you still owe him an apology.
真是胡扯
Utter nonsense.
崔斯 你在学校常打板球吗?
So, you played a lot of cricket at school, then, did you, Triss?
是啊 常常打
Yes, fair bit.
你是第一代11人队的队长吧?达罗比 2297
Captain of the first 11, weren't you? Darrowby, 2-2-9-7.
是 我们在预备学校的球队很厉害
Yes, we had a pretty strong team at the prep school.
连续三年卫冕校际杯冠军
Even won the inter-school cup three years in a row.
我都不知道
I didn't know that.
你不知道吗?我们还创下12岁以下的新纪录
No? We actually set a new record for the Under 12s.
爸每场比赛都会来
The old man came to every match.
爸以前会看你打球?
Pa used to watch you play?
他早上开车过来 我们会打一整天
He'd drive up in the mornings and we'd make a day of it.
你知道他有多喜欢板球 是啊
You know how he loved cricket. Yes.
没错 他的确很喜欢
Yes, I suppose he did.
法南先生 是庞弗里夫人
Mr Farnon, Mrs Pumphrey.
她说她急需你的协助
She says she's in dire need of your assistance.
庞弗里夫人 需要什么帮助呢?
Mrs Pumphrey, what can I do for you?
工人们正在为明天的比赛搭品茶帐篷
The workmen were putting up the tea tent for tomorrow, you see,
方索瓦忙得不可开交
and Francois was clearly distracted.
然后可怜的吴淘气冲出了大门
And, erm, poor Tricki, I mean, he dashed through the main gate
跑啊跑的… 所以吴淘气跑丢了吗?
and just ran and ran... So Tricki is missing?
吉米 脚要朝着球的方向
Foot to the bridge of the ball, James!
不 不完全是 牠…
Well, no, not, not exactly. He was, erm...
牠朝汉肖家的院子跑去了
He was heading in the direction of Mr Handshaw's yard.
我真的不能让方索瓦… 不 当然
Ah. And I really can't ask Francois... No, of course.
让我来解决吧 庞弗里夫人
Er, leave... leave it with me, Mrs Pumphrey,
你不必担心
you've nothing to worry about.
谢谢…
Oh, thank you, thank you!
法南先生 见到吴淘气后
Mr Farnon, when you see Tricki,
你能不能假装是碰巧路过?
could you pretend that you just happened to be passing?
牠极度重视隐私 我不希望牠感到尴尬
He's terribly private, I would hate for him to be embarrassed.
我了解 当然
I understand. Of course.
真是意志坚定的小家伙
Aye, he's a determined little bugger.
庞弗里夫人请我转达
Well, as I say, Mrs Pumphrey did want me to pass on
她诚挚的道歉 不用担心
her sincere apologies. Not to worry.
牠也不是什么流浪狗
It's not like he's some stray.
一、两窝小狗也不会是世界末日
A litter or two of pups wouldn't be the end of the world.
来吧 小淘气
Come on, then, young Tricki Woo,
我们送你回家吧?
let's put you back where you belong, shall we?
汉肖先生 明天比赛见了
See you at the match tomorrow, Mr Handshaw.
你弟弟还是不参加吗?恐怕是的
Your brother still not playing? I'm afraid not.
真是太可惜了
That's a damned shame.
有他在的话我们还能有机会一战吧
Might've given us a fighting chance.
牠进去过一次
Well, now he's been there once,
肯定还会想再光顾
he'll be much more inclined to visit again.
是 看来我们别无选择了
Right, seems we have no choice.
这是个非常简单的手术
It's a very simple procedure.
我周一就能把牠搞定
In fact, I should be able to fit him in on Monday.
那么快吗?
That soon?
好吧 如果有必要 就这么做吧
Well, all right. If we must, we must.
但在那之前 你必须为牠系上牵绳
But until then, you really need to keep him on a lead.
吴淘气啊
Oh, Tricki.
你会原谅我吗?
Will you ever forgive me?
明天的比赛都准备好了吧?
All set for match tomorrow, I hope?
当然 等不及开打了 就是这种精神
Absolutely. Raring to go! Oh, that's the spirit.
吉米也参加了
And with James playing too,
我真心觉得你们今年可能会赢
I really think this might be your year.
大家都到齐了吧?
I think we're all here.
各位先生女士 非常荣幸 欢迎大家来到庞弗里庄园
Ladies and gentlemen, It's my very great pleasure to welcome you all
欣赏今年的板球赛由达罗比11人队
to Pumphrey Manor for this year's encounter between The Darrowby 11
对上霍顿兄弟队
and the Hulton Hall Chaps.
有人见到迪克鲁德吗?
Has anyone seen Mr Rudd?
我们会进行限时赛 从五点开始双方各二十球
We'll be playing a timed game, with the last 20 overs from five o'clock.
我知道大家都很期待看到精彩的板球赛
And, erm, I know we're all looking forward to seeing some excellent cricket.
所以…
So, erm, wi...
话不多说 查普曼先生? 是
Without further ado, Mr Chapman? Yeah?
请你来开赛吧
If you would do the honours.
没问题
Certainly.
先生们 准备好的话 两位队长
Well gentlemen, if you're ready, will you two captains
请跟我一起来掷硬币吧?
accompany me to the crease with the coin toss, please?
谢谢 奥德森先生
Thank you. Mr Alderson...
奥德森先生 小鲁德
剧集 | 万物既伟大又渺小(2020) | 导航列表