格拉斯哥 1937年
马尔科姆
Malcolm.
早上好 吉米
Morning, James.
-给 -谢谢
- There you are. - Thanks.
-早上好 吉米 -早上好
- Morning, James. - Morning.
亲爱的 我回来了
Hen, I'm home.
上兽医大学花了那么多钱
All that money on veterinary college.
现在都开的是货车和小汽车
It's all these trucks and motorcars now.
这年头没人需要兽医了
No-one's got need of vets any more.
谢谢 妈
Thanks, Mother.
肯定会有就业机会的
Och, something'll come along.
如果没有呢
And what if it doesn't?
-我去吧 爸 -不 儿子 你坐着吃早餐吧
- I'll go, Dad. - No, son. You sit and eat your breakfast.
你♥爸♥替你找人说过了
Your father's had a word.
我不想去码头工作
I don't want to work on the docks.
你真该庆幸你命好
You should be thanking your lucky stars.
好多人在大街上排着长队 乞求能有份工作
Men are queuing on the streets, begging for work.
我知道不能一直这样下去
I know it can't go on forever.
有梦想是好事
It's good to dream.
但也要懂得什么时候该醒来
But it's also good to wake up again,
看清世界真实的样子
and see the world as it truly is.
邮差刚刚漏给你一封
Postman missed one.
你知道你父亲当年想成为音乐人吗
You know your father wanted to be a professional musician?
他曾经靠给电影配乐挣钱养家
His bread and butter was the cinema.
后来有声电影取代了无声电影
And then the talkies come along,
然后一切就毁了
and then it's all up the swanny.
我也不想对你残忍♥
I don't mean to be cruel.
我们只是很担心 儿子
We just worry, love.
我获得面试机会了
I got an interview.
-真的吗 -不会吧
- You did? - You didn't!
达罗比 在约克郡吗
Darrowby? Yorkshire?
如果这次又跟以前一样怎么办
What if it's like the others?
最后根本没有工作机会
No job at the end of it?
他们不会无缘无故让我大老远地
They're not going to have me go all the way
跑去约克郡的
to Yorkshire for no reason.
那封信里也没提到工资给多少
There was no mention of a wage in that letter either.
他还是去码头工作比较好
He is better off at the docks,
反正我就是这个想法
and that's all I'll say about it.
最好快点 不然恐怕要错过火车了
Best get a move on, if you're going to catch it.
开往约克郡的火车即将发车
Train for Yorkshire's about to depart.
千万别失望
Just don't be disappointed
就算彩虹尽头没有你期待的美好也没关系
if there's not a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
再见 小唐 你要乖乖的
Bye, Don, you be good.
不过可能我明天就回来了
I'll probably be home tomorrow anyway.
打起精神 你都有点站不稳了
Hold up. You're wonky.
你知道我去码头工作的唯一原因
You know I only took that job on the docks
只是为了维持家里的生计
to see us through the lean times.
你有梦想
You've got a dream.
你一定要追寻梦想
You've got to chase it.
谢谢你 爸
Thanks, Dad.
奶酪酸菜三明治
Cheese and pickle.
这是你的票
Here's your ticket.
快上车吧 不然车就要开走啦
Now, get on before you miss it.
再见 妈妈
Bye, Mother.
祝好运 儿子
Good luck, son.
你的眼睛里是进沙子了吗
You got a bit of grit in your eye?
上天保佑他能得到那份工作
Oh, I hope to God he gets it.
万物既伟大又渺小
第一季 第一集
《牛羊与猪》
真♥他♥妈♥是浪费时间啊
Waste of bloody time.
你从书里是学不到任何东西的
You won't learn owt in there you can't learn out there.
-去达罗比的 -你说什么
- For Darrowby. - What was that?
他刚刚是说达罗比吗
Did he say Darrowby?
没错 达罗比
Aye, Darrowby.
珍妮 坐下 别急着挤过去 抱歉
Jenny. Sit yourself down, don't push past. Sorry.
这个不听话的孩子总想坐到后面去
Little terror always wants to go at the back.
麦卡诺玩具模型 这应该是你掉的
Oh, Meccano. I think you dropped this.
-谢谢 -我最喜欢用这个搭建桥梁
- Thanks. - I like building bridges the best.
谢谢
Thank you.
-到底下不下去 -我这就下去 谢谢
- On or off? - Er, I'm getting off. Thanks.
打扰一下 这里是达罗比 对吧
Excuse me. This is Darrowby, isn't it?
达罗比 不是
Darrowby? Nay.
你得坐公车去达罗比
You want t'bus for Darrowby.
原来司机是说"去达罗比的"
The bus For Darrowby.
你说话真奇怪
You don't half talk funny.
下一趟车是什么时候 我要在4点前赶去达罗比
When's the next one? I need to be in Darrowby before four.
要等到晚上才有车
No more buses till tonight.
西格弗德·法南
兽医
-你好 -哈利先生吗
- Oh, hello. - Mr. Herriot?
对 抱歉迟到了
Yes, sorry I'm late.
我差点放弃等你了
I'd almost given up on you.
我是霍尔太太 我是法南先生的管家
I'm Mrs. Hall, I keep house for Mr. Farnon.
可别碰坏我的我的圣尼克
Oh, do take care of my Saint Nick.
你怎么了 都湿透了
What happened to you? You're drenched.
我错过了公车 是下错站了
I missed the bus... I got off the bus.
你好
Hello.
它喜欢你 这是个好开始
Oh, she likes you, that's a good start.
杰茜对大多数男人都抱怀疑态度
Jess is suspicious of most men.
它也是对的
Rightly so, too.
你可以坐这儿等
You can wait in here.
我去泡点茶 把法南先生找来
I'll make some tea and fetch Mr. Farnon.
霍尔太太 那破东西在哪儿
Mrs. Hall, where is the blasted thing?
等一下
One moment.
铅笔 铅笔 快点 我们可没一整天时间
Pencil. Pencil. Quickly now, we haven't got all day.
谢谢
Thank you.
一个好了 天知道还有多少个
One down, God knows how many to go.
不好意思 你是哪位
I'm sorry, who are you?
看来你们见过面了
I see you've met already.
这位是哈利先生
This is Mr. Herriot.
对 当然
Yes, of course.
你来这儿有何贵干
And why are you here exactly?
我... 是你邀请我来的 法南先生
I... You invited me, Mr. Farnon.
-是吗 -是的
- Did I? - Mm-hm.
面试助手工作
For the assistant job.
失陪下
Excuse us a moment.
我们说好不招人了
We agreed there'd be no more.
他从格拉斯哥大老远来的
He's travelled all the way from Glasgow.
我不在乎他从哪儿来 他回去就是了
I don't give a damn how far he's come, he can just go back again.
-那你自己告诉他 -他有资格证吗
- Well, you can tell him that, then. - Is he even qualified?
-九个月前取得的 -他叫什么名字
- Nine months ago. - What's his name?
吉米·哈利
James Herriot.
给这年轻人一个机会
Give the boy a chance.
哈利先生 我姓法南 名西格弗德[出自德国史诗]Mr. Herriot, I'm Farnon. Siegfried.
-别问了 -我是吉米
- Don't ask. - I'm James.
谢谢你给我这次机会
Thank you for this opportunity.
我们先看看彼此相处得怎么样吧 外套呢
Yes, well, let's see how we rub along first, shall we? Jacket?
-你穿着呢 -工作清单呢
- You're wearing it. - Job list?
在口袋里
Pocket.
你不喝杯茶再走吗
Will you not stop for tea?
我不在乎他喝茶喜欢加什么
I don't care how he takes his Darjeeling,
我想知道他能不能胜任工作
I want to know if he's up to the work.
跟上 哈利 别傻站在那儿
Come along, Herriot, don't just stand there.
我们不用... 我以为这是个面试
Are we not...? I thought this would be an interview.
我有格拉斯哥
I've got my references
兽医学院院长给我写的推荐信
from the Principal of Glasgow Veterinary College.
不用了 我对那些场面话没兴趣 快走吧
No, I'm not interested in a lot of flannel. Let's get cracking.
我晚上才回来 霍尔太太
Until this evening, Mrs. Hall.
-祝好运 -拿上那个
- Good luck. - Grab that.
猫
Cat.
在箱子里 那个箱子
In the box. The box, man!
药房♥
Dispensary.
对了 拿去睾钳
剧集 | 万物既伟大又渺小(2020) | 导航列表