the bloody hens are flying about the place like pigeons
邻居们再也不愿和我们来往
and we are now permanently estranged from our neighbours.
对不起 西格弗德 我确定我锁好门了
I'm sorry, Siegfried. I'm sure I put the latch down.
-我总会反复检查的 -我不想...
- I always double-check. - I don't...
听这些 你...
..want to hear it. Just...
别趁我不在的时候把房♥子烧了就行了
try not to burn the house down while I'm out.
今晚的游戏之夜谁参加
Who's up for games night?
对不起 霍尔太太 我今晚和戴安娜有约
Sorry, Mrs Hall, I'm out with Diana tonight.
事实上...
In fact...
我已经迟到了
..I'm running late as it is.
我要去见一个男人...
I've got to see a man...
为鸡的事
..about a chicken.
对不起 霍尔太太
Sorry, Mrs H.
好吧
Right...
那就只剩我了
Just me then, is it?
雷尼斯顿餐厅
谢谢
Thank you.
-奥德森小姐 很高兴再次见到您 -你好
- Miss Alderson, how lovely to see you again. - Hello.
需要帮您安排位子吗 先生
Would you care for a table, sir?
需要 谢谢
Yes, please.
我们两位
Table for two.
这边请
This way, please.
不好意思
Excuse me?
菲莉丝怎么样了
How's Phyllis getting on?
今天我过去的时候 她的一只牛犊死了
She lost one of her stirks when I was there today.
吉米 我真难过
Oh, James, I'm so sorry.
你们两个肯定都不好受
That must have been difficult for you both.
要是我能早点为它们看诊就好了
I just wish I'd seen them sooner.
一周前她也许还有一丝希望
She might have had a fighting chance a week ago.
你现在在诊治了啊
Well, you're there now,
如果有谁能撑过去 那肯定是菲莉丝
and if anyone can pull it off, it's Phyllis.
我只是担心治疗也是收效甚微 为时已晚
I just worry it's too little, too late.
这么轻易放弃可不像你的作风
It's not like you to give up so easily.
你没看到她今天的样子
You didn't see her today.
她已经动用到为冬天存的干草了
She's already having to use her winter supply of hay
手里没有钱还要买♥♥那么贵的饼粕
and spending money that she doesn't have on expensive cake.
我就是不想再给她不切实际的希望了
I just want to give her any more false hope.
对不起 我不应该说这些让你烦心的
I'm sorry. I shouldn't be burdening you with all of this.
我不觉得烦
You're not burdening me.
你在乎是好事
It's nice that you care.
经营农场很辛苦
Farming's a tough life.
有许多艰辛和损失
So much loss and hardship.
是项非常艰苦的工作
It's bloody hard work.
你有没有想过离开
Do you ever think you could leave?
-做些不同的事 -我吗
- Do something different? - Me?
我时刻都在想
I think about it all the time.
那种生活会是什么样子
I think what it might be like to
指甲缝不会每天藏满污泥
not have dirt under my fingernails every day,
不必操心钱或铲粪的事
not have to worry about money, or shovel muck.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
我一直在想菲莉丝 经营农场
I've been thinking about Phyllis and farming
以及你刚说的 还有...
and what you were saying just now and...and...
还有什么 吉米
And what, James?
也许菲莉丝不必那么...
Well, perhaps it doesn't have to be a struggle...
纠结辛苦
...for Phyllis.
其他农场主都认为她该卖♥♥掉农场
All the other farmers think she should sell the farm
也许他们是对的 也许现在还不算太迟
and maybe they're right. Maybe it's not too late.
她可以卖♥♥掉 搬去其它地方 开始新生活
She could sell up, move away, make a fresh start somewhere new.
所有关于比尔的回忆都在那个农场里
All the memories of Billy are tied up in that farm.
孩子们的记忆也是
All the boy's memories.
那意味着她要抛下她所熟悉的一切
That would mean her leaving behind everything she's ever known.
我当初就这么做了
It's what I had to do.
那不一样 是你自己选择来这的
That's different. You made a choice to come here.
那不代表就很容易
It doesn't mean it was easy.
我的生活 朋友 家人都在格拉斯哥
My life was in Glasgow, my friends, my family.
这不一样
It's not the same.
为什么不一样
Why not?
因为我不是农夫吗
Because I'm not a farmer?
因为你的生活与你脚下这片土地无关
Because your life isn't the ground under your feet.
你从未在你耕耘的土壤里倾洒热血
You haven't poured blood, sweat and tears
汗水和眼泪
into the soil you plough.
你从未把动物从小养大 知道它们随时可能死去
You haven't raised animals from birth knowing they could be
你的生计可能因此成问题
taken from your any moment and, with them, your livelihood.
我觉得你在论证我的观点
I feel like you're making my argument for me.
比尔·多尔比从他父亲那里继承了农场
Billy Dalby took on that farm from his father,
他父亲是从他爷爷那里继承的
and his father before him.
这是小比尔与生俱来的权利
It's young Billy's birthright.
前提是还剩下可以继承的东西
So long as there's something left to inherit.
所以你觉得有一天你会离开吗
So you can see yourself ever leaving, then?
反正我不会永远和我爸一起生活
Well, I'm not going to live with my dad forever
但我也不能离得太远
but I could never be too far away.
我不指望你能理解
I can't expect you to understand that.
不
No.
你可能是对的
You're probably right.
还有酒吗
Is there a spare one of those going?
马上就来
Coming right up.
不过不是好酒 西格弗德会宰了我的
Its not the good stuff I'm afraid, Siegfried would kill me.
只要酒够烈 够大杯 我不在乎
As long as it's strong and large, I don't care.
你想聊聊吗
Want to talk about it?
不太想
Not really.
你最近在忙什么
What have you been up to?
和往常一样 让西格弗德失望 惹邻居生气
The usual - disappointing Siegfried, annoying the neighbours,
制♥造♥禽类的混乱局面
creating avian anarchy.
西格弗德还在找你麻烦
Siegfried still on your case then?
我想他的毕生事业就是找我麻烦
I think it's his life's work to be on my case.
他的代表作将是他弟弟的彻底毁灭
His magnum opus will be the utter destruction and destitution
和一贫如洗
of his little brother.
你试过听从我的建议 反抗他吗
Did you try standing up to him, like I suggested?
我试过了
I did, yes.
那让一切变得更糟了
Now it's made everything worse.
但我有个计划
But I've got a plan.
新鲜鸡蛋
你不觉得这种胜利很浅薄吗
Won't it feel like a shallow victory?
但胜利就是胜利嘛
A victory is a victory nonetheless.
你好呀
Hello.
看啊
Look at that!
他居然真的做到了
He's only gone and bloody done it.
新鲜鸡蛋的味道 无与伦比
The taste of a fresh egg, can't beat it.
你今天要去多尔比家吗
Are you heading up to the Dalby's today?
很不幸 是的
Unfortunately, yes.
我不知道该对那可怜的女人说些什么
I have no idea what to say to the poor woman.
我给小牛犊做咽部注射时
I could see the look of hope on her face
能看到她脸上写满希望
when I gave the stirks the throat injection.
我不知道
I don't know.
我就是觉得自己不够坦诚
I just don't feel like I'm being honest.
诚实乃上策
Honesty is the best policy.
咽部注射根本不会起作用
Of course, the throat injection was never going to work.
什么
What?
但是你让我给小牛犊注射的
But you were the one that told me to give it to them.
这与注射无关
This isn't about the injection.
听着 这是这份工作最难的部分
Look, it's the worst part of the job
当你意识到一切都只能听天由命
when you realise everything is in the lap of the gods.
但至少你现在可以看着菲莉丝的眼睛
But at least now you can look Phyllis in the eye
告诉她你已经尽全力了
and tell her you have tried absolutely everything.
只要你尽了一切努力
And as long as you've tried everything,
你就尽职了
then you've done your job.
我很肯定你能找到合适的安慰话
You'll find the right thing to say, I have no doubt.
谢谢 西格弗德
Thanks, Siegfried.
我知道我有时把标准定得很高
I know that I can set these high standards at times,
或许给人的印象略为专横霸道
and perhaps come across as slightly overbearing...
只是略为吗
剧集 | 万物既伟大又渺小(2020) | 导航列表