You got back all right, then?
是的 谢谢
I did. Yes. Thank you.
我为你泡杯茶吧?
Can I make you a cup of tea?
不了… 谢谢 我不能久留
Er, no, no, thanks. I can't stay long.
你说你想谈谈租约的事?
You said you wanted to speak to us about the lease?
是的… 没错
Yes, yes, that's right. Er...
那我们开始吧
Ah, here we go.
我打算让你们续租农场
I intend to renew the lease on the farm
将租期延长20年
for the agreed period of 20 years,
按照我们目前的合约
as per our existing contract,
但有一些附加条款
but with a couple of additional stipulations.
律师将海伦与珍妮的名字加了进去
The lawyers have added Helen's and Jenny's names
指明她们也将以同样的条件继承租约
and specified that they'll inherit the lease on the same terms.
如果她们想继续在农场耕作的话
That's assuming that they want to continue farming.
太棒了 谢谢你
That's wonderful. Thank you.
休 谢谢你
Thank you, Hugh.
你能这样做真是太好了 这没什么
It's very good of you. Not at all, it's...
我几年前就该这么做了 但是
something that should have been done years ago, but erm...
以前似乎没有必要
Well, it didn't really seem necessary before.
总之 我想这份合约 应该都记载清楚了
Anyway, I think that just about covers it.
我不想占用太多时间
I don't want to take up too much of your time,
但我想带你们去农场看个东西
but there's something I'd like to show you, back at the farm.
我不明白 可以把牠视为补偿或道歉
I don't understand. Consider it a replacement, or apology,
你们卖♥♥掉了最后的公牛 一定遇到很多困难吧
if you like, for the difficulties with the sale of your last bull.
休 这太贵重了 我们不能接受牠
Hugh, this is too much... We can't accept this.
拜托 奥德森先生 这对我来说意义重大
Please, Mr Alderson. It would mean a great deal.
牠是优良的种畜 身体状况极佳
He's good breeding stock, excellent condition...
尽管如此… 我真的很想补偿你们
Ah, well even so... I would really like to make amends.
爸 我们考虑一下吧?
Dad, why don't we think about it, eh?
拜托了
That's all I ask.
先暂时把牠留在这里等你们决定后再告诉我
Just keep him here for now and let me know what you decide.
那好吧 太好了
Right. All right, then. Excellent.
好 我该走了
Right, better get on.
休
Hugh.
你这么急着走吗?
Do you have to rush straight off?
恐怕是的
Afraid so.
我不在的时候庄园方面堆积了很多事务
Estate business has rather piled up while I've been away.
周日的板球比赛会见到你吧?
No doubt see you at the cricket on Sunday.
会的 那就好
You will. Jolly good.
真是谢谢你来
Thank you so much for coming.
不客气 我听说把戏最近不太舒服?
Not at all, I understand Tricki has been rather distressed?
牠变了很多
He's not himself at all.
不吃食物吗?昏昏欲睡?
Is he off his food? Feeling lethargic?
不… 那方面没有问题
Oh, no, no, there's no problem in that department.
事实上 牠的胃口还比以前更好
In fact, if anything, his appetite's more robust than ever.
只是…
No, it's just, erm...
牠变得…
He's become...
越来越…
..increasingly...
多情
..amorous towards things.
挺令人不安的
It's quite unsettling.
最后 我只好把牠的垫子拿走
In the end, I had to take his cushion away.
我明白了
I see...
我们去看看牠吧?
Well, let's have a look at him, shall we?
庞弗里夫人 你描述的那种行为
You know, Mrs Pumphrey, the behaviour you're describing,
相当正常
is perfectly normal.
把戏是正值壮年的健康动物
Tricki's a healthy animal in the prime of life.
因此 牠正在经历一些非常自然的… 冲动
And, as such, he's experiencing some very natural... urges.
但牠还只是小狗狗啊
Yes, but he's just a baby!
牠从没有兴趣做…
He's never shown the slightest bit of interest in...
那种事
..that sort of thing.
这代表你把牠照顾得非常好
Well, it's a testament to the excellent level of care he's been receiving.
牠的体重减轻 运动量增加
His weight's gone down, his exercise has gone up.
显然各方面都更活跃了
He's obviously feeling a great deal livelier in every department.
方索瓦曾说过有次他们出门时
You know, Francois did say that on one of their outings,
牠好像很想进去汉肖家的院子
he seemed intent on getting into Mr Handshaw's yard.
汉肖先生有养狗吗?
And does Mr Handshaw own a dog at all?
有的 一只梗犬
Oh, yes, a terrier.
名叫贝拉吧
Named Bella, I believe.
那就可以解释了
Well, that would certainly explain it.
不是昏昏欲睡 而是兴致高昂
Less lethargic, more lothario.
那该怎么阻止牠呢?
So what can be done to discourage it?
恐怕欲望是难以阻止的吧
I'm afraid the heart wants what it wants,
对把戏来说 牠渴望的就是贝拉
which, in Tricki's case, would seem to be Bella.
天啊
Oh, dear.
有一种有效的处理方法
There is one effective course of action.
一个相当简单的手术
It's a fairly simple procedure...
不… 法南先生 不行
Oh, no, no, no, no, Mr Farnon, no.
不能给牠吃点… 镇静剂就好吗?
Can't you just give him a calming draught of some sort?
抱歉 庞弗里夫人 牠必须结扎
I'm sorry, Mrs Pumphrey. He'll have to be fixed.
不做的话 吴淘气会继续追求欲望直到成功为止
If not, Tricki will simply continue his pursuit until he succeeds.
你好 吉米 你好 珍妮 还有史卡夫
Hello, James. Hello, Jenny. Hello, Scruff.
快来看看休·霍顿送了我们什么
Wait till you see what Hugh Hulton's brought us.
你见过这样的公牛吗?
Have you ever seen anything like it?
牠的配种费一定值得高价
And he'll be worth a fortune in stud fees.
但休一分钱都不收 说是为了表示歉意
But Hugh won't accept a penny for him, says it's an apology
因为他想弥补过去的错误
because he wants to move forward with a clean slate.
珍妮 快去烧水
Jenny, run and put the kettle on.
爸待会一定想喝茶 吉米也要
Dad'll be wanting a brew and I'm sure James'd like one.
好吧
Fine.
纯种公牛
A pedigree bull.
真棒的礼物 我知道
Quite the gift. I know.
我们根本没想到
It were the last thing we expected.
还没决定要不要收下
We haven't said we'll take him yet.
我爸觉得太贵重了 但即使如此…
Dad thinks it's far too much, but even so...
你本来还担心他不续约
And there you were, worried he might not even renew the lease.
我知道 那件事现在也解决了
I know, that's all sorted now too.
他甚至加上我和珍妮的名字 好让我们以后能继承
He's even added mine and Jenny's names, so it'll be ours to inherit.
好吧 他做得真不错
Right. That's very decent of him.
你好
Now, then...
奥德森先生
Mr Alderson.
你觉得呢?
What do you reckon?
牠是优秀种牛
He's a fine specimen.
确实
He is that.
爸 雷格达顿有好消息吗? 没有
Any luck with Reg Dutton, dad? Nah,
他还在里斯顿谷地
he's still over in Listondale.
周日的板球赛我爸他们缺一位球员
Dad's a player down for match on Sunday.
是吗?
Oh, yes?
休回来后 他们处境会很艰难
And with Hugh back, they'll be really up against it.
休在另一队吗? 他是队长
Hugh's on the opposing team? He's captain.
还是明星球员
Not to mention the star player.
他是他们球队总是赢球的关键
He's the main reason they always win.
并非总是如此
Er, not always.
虽然无可否认 休确实是厉害的投手
Though Hugh is a good bowler, there's no denying it.
奥德森先生
You know, Mr Alderson,
如果你缺人手 我很乐意帮忙
if you need an extra man, I'd be happy to help out.
我不知道你会打板球
I didn't know you played.
偶尔会打 好吧
Yes, well, now and again... Oh, aye.
孩子 你觉得自己行吗?
You reckon you're up to it, do you, lad?
当然
Absolutely.
好
Right.
那就加上你吧
You're in.
我真的不太会打板球
I'm really not much of a cricketer,
但我猜如果只是友谊赛
but I guess if it's just a friendly match,
应该不用太担心
it's not too much to worry about.
友谊赛?
Friendly?
吉米 我没有夸大 但这可说是板球史上
James, I would not be exaggerating to say that this is the most
最重要的赛事了
important game in the cricketing calendar.
每年一次 达罗比11人都会对上
Once a year, the Darrowby 11 goes up against the might
霍顿庄园邀请来的绅士高手为达罗比的荣耀而战
of Hulton Hall's invited gentlemen, playing for the honour of Darrowby.
然后全军覆没 那不是重点
And get annihilated. That's hardly the point.
吉米 这绝对是个重要活动
剧集 | 万物既伟大又渺小(2020) | 导航列表