I should think so. She's showing excellent form.
期待在比赛中看到它
I look forward to seeing her in action.
它将和霍顿家的新骟马同场竞技
Well, she'll be up against the Hulton's new gelding.
那匹马这赛季的成绩不错
He's having a pretty good season.
可惜休要错过这些活动了
Just a shame Hugh's missing all the events.
她说的是谁
Who's this?
休·霍顿
Erm, Hugh Hulton.
我一直叫他从法国回来
I keep telling him, should just come back from France.
-我想他一定过得很愉快 -我不这么认为
- I'm sure he's having a fine old time. - I doubt it.
他说他羞于在达罗比露面
He said he felt too ashamed to show his face in Darrowby.
虽然我不知道他有什么可羞愧的
Though what he's got to be ashamed of, I really don't know.
休没什么可羞愧的
Hugh has nothing to be ashamed of.
但我必须对他说实话
But I had to be honest with him.
我拖得越久
The longer I let it go on,
对我俩就越没好处
the worse it would have got for both of us.
我同意 一刀两断要好得多
I agree. Far better to make a clean break.
延长痛苦毫无意义
No point in prolonging the agony.
也许是吧
I suppose not.
霍尔太太 这汤简直太好喝了
You know, Mrs. Hall, this soup is absolutely first-rate.
迄今为止最棒的 霍尔太太
Best one yet, Mrs. H.
一点都不麻烦
Oh, it were no bother at all.
不 那要放进食品储藏室...
No, that's going in the pantry...
特别为你准备的 崔斯
Especially for you, Tris.
好选择 吉米
Oh, good choice, James.
女士们先生们 请听我讲几句
If I might have your attention for a moment, ladies and gentlemen.
首先 霍尔太太 感谢你
First of all, Mrs Hall, thank you
做出这顿美味的大餐
for making such a delicious meal,
这道牛排会让惠灵顿骄傲的
beef of which Wellington would be proud.
-说得好 -没错
- Hear, hear. - Hear, hear.
你们有些人知道
Now, as some of you know,
今天不只是我弟弟的生日
today was not only my brother's birthday,
同时也是他第一天作为主诊兽医出诊
it was also his first day out on call as lead vet.
老天 真令人激动啊
Goodness! How exciting.
如果说我之前有所保留...
Now, to say that I had my reservations...
那未免说得太轻了
Would be putting it mildly.
我承认我本来认为应当密切关注
And I admit I thought it prudent to keep a close eye
他一整天的进展
on his progress throughout the day.
然而 令我惊讶
Having said all that, to my surprise,
甚至可以说 令我开心的是
and, dare I say it, delight,
对他工作的评价全都非常好
the reports of his work have been uniformly excellent.
所以我们举起酒杯
So, a toast.
敬崔斯坦
To Tristan.
祝你生日快乐 也衷心祝贺你
Many happy returns and my heartfelt congratulations.
敬崔斯坦
To Tristan.
干得好
Well done.
这番话真动人
That was lovely.
你的口气几乎像个骄傲的老父亲
You sound almost like a proud father.
是啊 我多少是把他当儿子看了
Yes, well, I suppose in a way, that's how I feel.
-不是吧 -老天 那是什么声音
- Oh, no. - Good heavens, what's that?
没事的 它很快会平静下来
Oh, it's fine, she'll calm down in a minute.
它听起来很痛苦
It sounds like something's in pain.
我几乎要怀疑是术后并发症了
I almost wonder if it might be a post-operative complication.
不是并发症 它只是不喜欢独自待着
It's not a complication, she just doesn't like being on her own.
等我们吃完我就放它出来
I'll let her out as soon as we've finished.
我很乐意去看看它
I'd be more than happy to take a look.
我已经给它做过全面检查了 谢谢
I've already examined her thoroughly, thank you.
我今天意识到
You know, the thing I've realised today is,
不管一名兽医有多厉害 人们只有看到他
it doesn't matter how good a vet you are, people only respect you
辛苦工作 才会给予尊敬
once they see you putting in the hard graft.
没人能反驳你 崔斯
Well, no-one could fault you there, Tris.
是啊 因为归根结底
No. Because, at the end of the day,
如有必要 我不怕付出加倍的努力
I'm not afraid to go the extra mile, if that's what it takes.
你绝对不遗余力了
You certainly went all out.
如果他们想要我挥洒汗水泪水 我就给
If it's sweat and tears they want, I'll give it to them.
如果你做了什么令诊所蒙羞的事 崔斯坦...
If you've done anything to embarrass this practice, Tristan...
当然没有啦
No, no, not at all.
我可能就是稍微夸大了我的付出
I may have exaggerated the effort involved a little.
不会吧 真的吗
No, really?
一些恰到好处的呻♥吟♥ 不时刻意绷紧肌肉
A few well-placed groans, some unnecessarily straining sinews
最后再痛吼一声
and a final howl of pain.
天啊
Goodness!
最后什么
A final what?
我可能是有点忘乎所以
Ah, I may have got slightly carried
但我达到了预期效果
away but it had the desired effect.
你怎么回事
What is wrong with you?
你已经经历过养鸡那场闹剧
For God's sake, after that fiasco with the chickens?
我还以为你终于觉悟过来了
I thought you'd finally come to your senses.
我当然觉悟了
And I have, absolutely...
我以为你终于开始
I thought you'd finally started to
对自己的行为负责了
take responsibly for your actions.
我负全部责任 但说句公道话 老哥
Complete responsibility, totally. But fair's fair, old chap,
你自己也不反对作秀啊
you're hardly averse to putting on a show yourself.
我才不屑于作戏和胡闹
I would never resort to playacting and tomfoolery.
少来了 你那个紫色粉末
Oh, come off it. You and your purple powder?
用科学魔法忽悠下层民众
Blinding the great unwashed with the magic of science.
-这根本不一样 -我没看出哪不一样
- That is entirely different. - I don't see how.
-因为我心里有数 -我也是啊
- Because I know what I'm doing. - Yes, well, so do I.
我深表怀疑
I seriously doubt that.
我有资格证书能证明
Well, I've got the qualifications to prove it.
你以为有而已
So you think.
等等 什么
Wait, what?
各位 不如我们进客厅吧
Why don't we all go through, everyone?
我可以准备点喝的 还能照料下那只狗
I can make us some drinks and see to that dog.
你意思是我没通过考试吗
Are you saying I didn't pass?
你告诉我 我通过了的
You told me that I passed.
-你明明斩钉截铁地说... -我知道
- You said categorically... - I know.
我可能省略了一两处细节没说
I may have...omitted one or two of the finer details.
这么说我没通过
So, I didn't pass.
你就一篇论文刚刚没达及格线 寄生虫学
You narrowly missed the mark on one paper, parasitology.
但总的来说 这只是个善意的小谎言
But really, in the great scheme of things, just a tiny, white lie.
你不是认真的吧
You're not serious.
你那么努力
You tried so hard
我知道你会很失望的 所以我就...
and I knew how disappointed you'd be, so I just...
稍微扭曲了事实
I bent the truth a little.
我明明没取得资格 你却让我以为我过了
You let me think I was qualified when I wasn't.
然后你任由我继续像个白♥痴♥一样到处炫耀
And then you let me carry on showing off like a complete idiot.
一直以来 我都被当作笑柄
All this time, I've been a total laughing stock.
真是够了 你已经为考试
Oh, for God's sake, you'd already wasted
浪费了太多时间
so much time on those blasted exams,
我觉得你走到现实中去
I thought you'd be better off getting out there,
干些实事比较好
getting your hands dirty,
事实也证明我是对的 不是吗
and I've been proven right, haven't I?
我真不敢相信
I don't believe you.
即使到现在你也不肯承认你错了
Even now, you can't admit that you're in the wrong.
我未必就错了吧
I don't see that I am, necessarily.
没想到吧
Oh, well, there's a surprise.
非常感谢你招待的丰盛晚餐
Well, thank you so much for dinner.
能认识你很高兴
It were very nice to meet you.
不过崔斯坦说过他会载我回家的
Only, Tristan did say he would drive me home.
不用担心 我可以送你 玛戈
Not to worry, I can give you a lift, Margot.
你太贴心了
That's awfully kind of you.
-今晚闹成这样 很抱歉 -不用道歉
- I'm sorry about all this. - Please, don't apologise.
找天我们一定要享用那瓶金酒
We shall have to have that gin sometime.
海伦
Helen.
对不起
I'm sorry.
我现在领会到 那对你来说一定也不容易
I appreciate now that it can't have been easy for you either.
-没事 玛戈 真的 -那么
- It's fine, Margot. Really. - Well...
我希望你俩都会幸福快乐
..I hope you'll both be very happy.
走了 玛戈
Come on, Margot!
晚安 女士们
Goodnight, ladies.
真的不用我帮你收拾吗
剧集 | 万物既伟大又渺小(2020) | 导航列表