It's not the first time she's run away.
-她最终会回来的 每次都会 -好吧
- She always comes back. Eventually. - All right.
-你最清楚什么对她最好 -没错
- Well, you know what's best for her. - Yes.
再见 吉米
Bye, James.
珍妮
Jenny!
上车吧 我捎你一段
Jump in. I'll give you a lift.
-还好吗 -嗯
- You all right? - Yeah.
真好吃 亲爱的
It's delicious, love.
和你妈妈做的味道一样
Just as mother cooked it.
我把洋葱烧焦了 还忘了放韭葱
I burnt the onions and forgot the leeks.
如我所说
As I said.
要知道 你吃到的妈妈的饭
You have to remember, you only got to eat your mother's meals
是她多年来完善厨艺之后的结果
when she'd spent years perfecting 'em...
可惜你的份儿已经吃完了
I wish there were more for you.
别为这种事向我道歉
Never apologise to me for that.
饿吗
Hungry?
你跑了多远
How far did you go?
珍妮 亲爱的 狗在哪里
Jenny, love, where's the dog?
好了 好小伙
There you are... Good lad.
这只连颜色都不一样
It's not even the same colour.
汤普金太太不会在乎的
That's not going to matter to Mrs Tompkin.
真不知道哪个更令人失望
I don't know what's more disappointing -
你竟然会认真思考这种事
the fact that you're contemplating such a thing
还是我一点都不感到惊讶
or that I'm not even surprised.
有问题吗 都是鹦鹉能有多大差别
What's the problem? One budgie's not so different from another?
哈利
Herriot!
-我知道你要说什么... -我很怀疑
- I know what you're going to say... - I wonder if you really do.
我们都清楚这狗没有攻击性
We both know this is not an aggressive dog.
我们可以训练它不要追羊
He can be trained not to chase sheep.
奥德森允许你训练它了吗
And the Aldersons have given you permission to do this?
-珍妮允许了 -珍妮
- Jenny has. - Jenny?!
说真的 吉米 你干涉那家人的事
Oh, really, James. Have you not done enough damage interfering
所造成的伤害还不够大吗
in that poor family's business?
这话是什么意思
What does that mean?
我要你明天一早
I want you to take this dog back
就把狗送回奥德森家
to the Aldersons first thing this morning.
要是我不送呢
And if I don't?
我想你离开太久 已经忘记
I think your time away has led you to forget exactly
你给谁干活了
who it is you work for.
这不大可能 西格弗德
I'm not entirely sure that's possible, Siegfried.
把狗送回原处 立刻
Take this dog back to where it belongs. Now.
吉米 等等
Jim, hold on.
你也许想要个伴
Thought you could do with the company.
如果撒谎是为了保护某人的感情
If you're lying to protect the feelings of someone,
那难道真是坏事吗
is it really such a bad thing?
是的
Yes.
为什么 如果汤普金太太知道彼得死了
How? If Mrs Tompkin knew Peter was dead,
一定会崩溃 只剩孤身一人
she'd be devastated. Alone.
而现在她还能有个伴
Now, she'll have company.
可这不是她的鹦鹉
But it's not her bird.
你没说实话
You're not being honest.
我们不必每时每刻都说实话
We don't all have to be honest all of the time.
-就连你也会适时地说谎 -我哪有
- Even you avoid the truth when it suits. - When?
我们现在是要按约定把狗送回奥德森家吧
I assume we're taking this one back to the Alderson's, as agreed.
-这可不会有好结果 吉米 -珍妮很爱这条狗
- This isn't going to end well, Jim. - Jenny loves that dog.
这对他俩都不公平
It's not fair on either of them.
我希望这确实是你的出发点
Well, I hope that's the real reason
而不是你为了赢回海伦的心
and not some misguided attempt
而做出的愚蠢行动
to win your way back into Helen's heart
-如果真是这样 我告诉你 -不是的
- because if it is, I'll tell you now... - It's not.
你好啊
Hello, boy.
谢谢你了 吉米
Thanks again for this, James.
-你好 崔斯 -你好
- Hello, Triss. - Hello.
你姐姐怎么样 自打婚礼后我就没怎么见她
How's your sister? Haven't seen much of her since the wedding.
她最近经常散步
She's been going for lots of walks.
我觉得她很自责
I think she feels guilty.
你知道休在法国吗
You know Hugh's in France?
知道
I did. I do.
他写信给她
He writes to her.
我偷看过一次
I snuck a look once.
你不该那么做吧 珍妮
I don't think you should be doing that, Jenny.
他还爱着她 不停地唠叨她取消婚礼
He still loves her, keeps banging on about how much it hurt
让他有多难过 能不能再给他一次机会
when she called it off, can he have another chance.
不过别担心 她没给他回信
But don't worry. She doesn't write him back or anything.
担心 我为什么会担心
Worry? Why would I worry?
她悔婚时我在门边偷听
You know, I was listening by the door when she did it.
-你真的不该那么做 -是啊
- You really shouldn't have done that. - Absolutely.
我们绝对不想听他们说了什么
And we absolutely do not want to hear what was said.
-对吧 吉米 -一点都不想
- Do we, Jim? - Absolutely not.
听听又能有什么坏处
Oh, what's the harm...?
海伦说 她并不是不爱他 她爱的
Helen said, it's not that she didn't love him, because she did,
但不是男女之间那种爱 他不懂
but not in that way, and he didn't understand
我不怪他 因为我也不懂
and I don't blame him cos I didn't understand neither.
我以为他会哭 但她丝毫没有动摇
I thought he were going to cry, but she wouldn't budge.
还说这样对他俩都比较好
And said it was better for both of them.
然后休非常生气 问她
Then Hugh got really cross and asked her
取消婚礼是不是因为心里有别人了
if she were only calling it off because she liked someone else.
那...
And, um...
你听到她的回答了吗
Did you happen to hear what she said?
你不是说我不该告诉你这些吗
Thought you said I shouldn't be telling you all this.
你说得对
No, you're right.
你不该告诉我
You shouldn't.
我可没那么道德高尚
Well, I've no such moral compunction.
珍妮 快交代
Come on, Jenny, spill the beans.
我还没听到就被我爸拉走了
Dad dragged me away before I could hear owt,
还因为我不乖打了我一耳光
gave us a clip round the ear for my troubles too.
霍尔太太
Mrs Hall?
霍尔太太
Mrs Hall?
没事了 找到了
Doesn't matter? Found it.
你想浪费我时间 可以随时喊我
Whenever you want to waste my time feel free to holler...
火柴
Matches.
本来没打算让你看见的
You weren't supposed to see that.
你知道这事吗
Did you know about this?
霍尔太太
Mrs Hall?
霍尔太太
Mrs Hall!
我绝不会透露这屋里发生的
Well, far be it from me to reveal the underhand goings-on
鬼祟勾当
in this establishment.
霍尔太太 为什么有只死鹦鹉...
Mrs Hall. Why on earth is there a dead budgie...?
不会吧
No.
我不该笨得相信他
I should have known better than to trust him.
为什么
And why might that be?
如果你有话想说 霍尔太太
If you have a point, Mrs Hall,
我宁肯你无视我的感受 直说出来
I'd rather you got on and stabbed me with it.
我今早接到了一通奇怪的电♥话♥
I had a very strange phone call this morning.
鉴于我们那些主顾 我想不出那有什么稀奇的
Given our clientele, I can't imagine that's a unique occurrence.
来电人是爱丁堡兽医大学的院长
It were the Dean of Edinburgh Veterinary College.
他们想知道崔斯坦会不会回去
They wanted to know if Tristan would be returning
读秋季学期
for the autumn term.
我说他们一定是弄错了
I told 'em they must've made a mistake
因为崔斯坦去年圣诞就通过考试了
because Tristan passed his exams last Christmas.
我刚才要找的那东西在哪
Now where was that, um, thing I was after...
西格弗德·唐纳德·法南
Siegfried Donald Farnon!
我相信这一切
I've no doubt there's a very simple
都有个简单合理的解释
logical explanation for all of this.
你告诉他他通过考试了 他明明就没有
You told him he passed his exams when he blooming well didn't.
你不应该急着下结论
One really mustn't leap to outlandish conclu...
-好吧 我是这么做了 -你骗了他
- All right, I did it. - You lied to him.
那是为他好
It was for his own good.
那破大学到底打来干什么
What were the blasted university calling for anyway?
他们没打电♥话♥
Well, they didn't.
-什么 -我知道你在搞小动作
剧集 | 万物既伟大又渺小(2020) | 导航列表