I owe it to them.
你有多长时间考虑
How long have you got to decide?
我还有几个月时间来想清楚
I've got a few months to work out
这里有没有值得我留下的事
if there's something here worth staying for.
或是某个人
Or someone?
海伦拿走了另一张票
Helen took the other one.
我们今天下午有多少病患
How many cases have we got to get through this afternoon?
16个
16.
两间诊查室并行使用
We'll use both examination rooms.
我在这间治疗动物时
While I'm treating an animal in one...
我就到另一间为下一位病患做准备
I'll settle the next one into the other room.
等治疗一结束
Once I've finished treatment,
你就送他们出去 收钱
you show them out, settle up the bill.
-我直接去治疗下一位病患 -好的
- I'll go straight through to deal with the next. - Righto.
你好
Hello, there.
你好
Hello.
下午好 哈利先生
Good afternoon. Mr Herriot.
-下午好 -你好
- Afternoon. - Hello.
柯克比太太 她的兔子病了
Right, Mrs Kirkby, with a rabbit.
是我
That's me.
很好
Lovely.
-费恩利小姐在吗 -在
- Miss Fearnly? - Yes, lovely.
请您跟我进来好吗
Would you like to come through?
谢谢 杰克逊太太
Thank you, Mrs Jackson.
让乔治在火边取暖
Keep George warm by the fire,
-这样它会醒得快一点 -谢谢 亲爱的
- that'll help speed up the waking process. - Thank you, love.
-安带着苏茜来了 -我马上就来
- It's Anne with Susie. - I'll be with you in a second.
你看起来不太高兴啊
And don't you look happy about it.
对不起 我太忙了
Sorry, I've been rushed off my feet.
你好啊 苏茜
Hello, Susie.
你和你的宝宝们过得怎么样
How're you getting on with those pups of yours?
它们都很好
They're all grand.
你接生的第一只小狗现在个头最大
First one you got out's biggest of the lot.
我们给它取名叫吉米
We named him James.
那我可得去看看它了
I'll have to come up and visit him.
别担心 苏茜
Don't worry, Susie.
我们只是给你检查 看看你好不好
Hey, we just need to check how you're getting on.
-失陪一下 -请进吧
- Excuse me. - Come on through.
-你好 海伦 -你好
- Hi, Helen. - Hi.
你看起来真...
You look...
见到你真好
It's good to see you.
我能进去吗
Shall I come in?
当然可以
Yes ,of course.
我在收尾了 不会太久的 我发誓
I'm just finishing up, I won't be long, I swear.
她不会介意等你的
She won't mind waiting.
你好啊
Oh, hello.
-喝茶吗 -好啊
- Tea? - I think so.
你的体重肯定是涨回来了
Oh, you've certainly put the weight back on.
不好意思 苏茜
Sorry, Susie.
这么说有点没礼貌 是吧
That's very rude of me, isn't it?
如果你不想你们的关系止步于微笑的话
You know, if ever you're to get beyond smiling at the girl...
你总归还是要有所行动
..you might eventually have to do something about it.
-你和另一个姑娘怎么了 -什么
- What happened to the other one? - What?
我想着我们可以聊聊天
I thought we could chat.
好 聊吧
Yeah, great, OK.
另一个 那个酒吧侍女 叫玛格利特吧
The other one, the barmaid, Margaret?
-你是说玛姬吗 -她受够你了吧
- Maggie? - I suppose she got sick of you.
我和玛姬的问题在于
Yeah, the thing about Maggie and me
我们就像是在夜间行驶的两条船
is we're like ships in the night.
各走各的航线
Travelling our own separate courses...
时不时地我们会
..occasionally we...
在暴风雨天撞上对方
..crash into one another during stormy weather.
与此同时 你四处留情...
Meanwhile, you happily flit...
见一个追求一个
..courting one girl and then the next.
首先 没人再搞"追求"这一套了
First of all - no-one courts.
-那他们干什么 -约会
- Then what are they doing? - They date.
我们又不是美国人
We're not Americans.
世道变了
The world's changing.
不必和所有与你共度良宵的女人
Not every evening spent in the company of a woman
都发展出一段有意义的恋情
necessarily has to end in something particularly meaningful.
事实上 不继续发展才是常态
In fact, most often it necessarily doesn't.
那还有什么意义啊
Then what's the point of it all?
好玩啊
Fun.
我知道这种观念对你来说太陌生了
I understand that's a very alien concept to you.
我也很会玩啊 我特会找乐子
I am fun, I'm perfectly bloody fun.
你以前的确风趣
You certainly used to be.
-我不知道你现在怎么了 -这话是什么意思
- Now I don't know what's happened. - What's that supposed to mean?
你以前不是这样的
You didn't used to be like this.
哪样
Like what?
让梅里克占便宜
Allowing Merrick to get a free ride...
被潘迪那这种人气到
..letting Pandhi rattle you and...
更别提女人的事了
..don't even get me started on the women.
现在的问题就是让你闭嘴
Well, I imagine the problem's getting you to stop.
你都没有心气了 没有斗志了
There's no spirit, the fight's gone.
-我向你保证 不是这样的 -真的吗
- I assure you, it has not. - Really?
因为就在不久前
Cos in the not too distant past,
你还会毫不犹豫地搞定那头母猪
you would've tackled that sow without a moment's hesitation,
就为了向大家证明你的能力
just to show people that you could.
-我不是说你年老体衰了 -你这不就说了
- I'm not saying you're past it but... - You just did!
也许是你的生活太一成不变了
Stuck in a rut maybe,
我本以为桃乐茜已经让你摆脱了这种状态 但...
one that I thought Dorothy had got you out of it but...
我没有一成不变 根本没有
I'm not in a rut, there is no bloody rut!
我去帮你开门
Oh, I'll get that for you.
-再见 -再见
- Bye. - Bye.
晚上好 晚上好 霍尔太太
Good evening, good evening, Mrs Hall,
海伦 见到你很高兴
Helen, a delight as ever.
你这是怎么了
What happened to you?
和一头猪打了一架
Fight with a pig.
是不是很难相信是我赢了
Is it hard to believe I actually won?
把脏衣服脱下来
Bring your muddy things down,
别扔在地板上不管
don't leave them festering on the floor.
今天实在很累人
It's been a long day.
你肯定认不出是我吧
You must barely recognise me.
那可说不好 西格弗德
Oh, I don't know Siegfried,
我觉得你的样子没什么变化
I think you've weathered rather well.
你真会说话
You're very kind.
你最近还好吗
How've you been?
就是脚踏实地过日子呗
You know, one foot in front of the other.
那很好啊
Glad to hear it.
你来了 吉米
There you are, James.
终于收工了 可怜的海伦都等得无聊了
About bloody time, poor Helen's being bored silly waiting.
我没事 霍尔太太一直在照顾我
I'm fine, Mrs. Hall's been looking after me.
我有个急诊
I had an emergency case,
我今天一整天都在赶进度
I've been playing catch up all day.
你真应该好好学学如何面诊
You should really learn to deal with these cases.
难怪我们勉强才能挣到钱
No wonder we're struggling to turn a profit.
西格弗德 我觉得如果崔斯坦今天在这里
I would say, Siegfried, if Tristan were here today,
就不必把任何病患拒之门外
there would've been no need to send anyone away.
我希望他跟着我
I want him with me
先在我的监督下工作一段时间
until he's served some time under my supervision.
他完全能胜任这份工作
He's more than capable.
看看他们是怎样对我赞不绝口的
Oh, see how they shower me with praise?
要不这事等下次再说吧
Perhaps this could wait for another time?
不 如果吉米有话想说
No, if James has got something he wants to get off his chest,
我想听听
I'd like to hear it.
如果崔斯坦能独♥立♥执业
If Tristan were able to practise on his own,
我们就能接更多工作
we could take on more work.
有了更多的钱
With the extra money,
我们也许就能更换这里的一些东西
maybe we could change a few things around here.
更换 我们为什么要更换
Change? Why on earth would we want to change?
这样我们可以更高效地工作
剧集 | 万物既伟大又渺小(2020) | 导航列表